Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So It Begins

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 03:02 PM
fuch
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a great bunch of talented guys you have there working on your fab 64.....and not the only bit of fluff that 964 will attract for sure!!
Old 05-28-2014, 03:13 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

LOOKS LIKE A GOOD JOB HAS BEEN DONE!
Hi Stuart,

Thanks, how's your's coming on. Have you decided on any seats yet?

That's a great bunch of talented guys you have there working on your fab 64
Hi Fuch,

Yes I'm very lucky, I've met some really talented people over the years

....and not the only bit of fluff that 964 will attract for sure!!
You're probably not referring to John, but I'll tell him anyway, he'll be flattered

Cheers,
Paul
Old 05-28-2014, 05:04 PM
Jacke2c
Formerly turbotwoshoes
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Looks great!

I like the gloss finish. I am still debating which splitter I want, BUT, yours makes me like the Techart style more and more.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:17 PM
cptnzero
Instructor

Great car, hidden fogs really neat too. I'll add to my ever growing to do list
Old 05-30-2014, 05:45 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

I like the gloss finish. I am still debating which splitter I want, BUT, yours makes me like the Techart style more and more.
Thanks Turbotwoshoes, I'm pleased with the gloss finish too, it just didn't look great matt. If it gets scratched underneath, so be it, at least the top and sides will look good and I can always periodically tidy the underside up.

Great car, hidden fogs really neat too. I'll add to my ever growing to do list
Cheers Captnzero, I got for some higher spec'd (and priced) fogs to replace this faulty set but they will look the same.

MOT passed today and she's off on Monday to a health spa for 3 days for a full detail, so hopefully I'll have some nice photos for you next weekend. In the meanwhile here's a few phone photos of the jobs finished with new brake ducts, front-arches and splitter.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 05-31-2014, 03:09 AM
Rephlex
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

If it looks like that now, please don't post pics after 3 days of detailing!
Old 05-31-2014, 05:38 AM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

Hi Paul,

My car is not coming along at all at the moment, but hopefully it'll be back on the road by the end of June, but 90% of what I wanted to do won't be done.

I'm in no rush on the seats, the sport seats I have a comfortable, but they will be replaced at some point in the future. I'd like carbon fibre but reclining.

By the way, your car is looking pretty good, what are they going to do for 3 days?
Old 06-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

If it looks like that now, please don't post pics after 3 days of detailing!
Cheers Rephlex

Hi Paul,

My car is not coming along at all at the moment, but hopefully it'll be back on the road by the end of June, but 90% of what I wanted to do won't be done.

I'm in no rush on the seats, the sport seats I have a comfortable, but they will be replaced at some point in the future. I'd like carbon fibre but reclining.

By the way, your car is looking pretty good, what are they going to do for 3 days?
Hi Stuart,

Is there a problem getting your work done?

I've have a full top and tail detail.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 06-01-2014, 07:19 PM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Paul284pt
Is there a problem getting your work done?
In a word yes!

It's in my workshop in London and has been since October.
The plan was a strip down of the running gear, steering rack etc, clean everything up and refit.
But work got in the way.
Manage to get a start on it in Dec, found the cause of a major oil leak, so the oil tank and cooler have been removed and refurbed, had an issue with replacement oil lines, but hopefully that will be resolved this coming week.
Most parts that have been removed, have been painted etc before they are refitted.
I've now decided to have the whole underside of the car Ice blasted, to save having to dismantle it.
Booked for Classic Le Mans, so it has to be put back together for that and we'll carry on next autumn.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:10 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Hi Stuart,

I know how you feel mate, it's disappointing but at least you will have your car to drive winter's the time for jobs

Back to your seats, these reclining Recaros are lovely, you can have them heated too, just the thing for climbing up the mountain to Verbier.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 06-02-2014, 04:20 PM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

Hi Paul,

Those seats are very nice, I don't think I can handle a non recline, my body doesn't like to be told how to sit and heated is a good option.

I have heated sport seats at the moment, really quite comfy and i prefer to have a heated seat than have the heating on.
That reminds me, the heating doesn't work on my car, so in the damp, it's constantly misting up, must try and get that resolved in the next few weeks too.

Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Cheers

Stuart

Originally Posted by Paul284pt
Hi Stuart,

I know how you feel mate, it's disappointing but at least you will have your car to drive winter's the time for jobs

Back to your seats, these reclining Recaros are lovely, you can have them heated too, just the thing for climbing up the mountain to Verbier.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 06-04-2014, 04:10 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Hi Guys,

It's all in the erm, detail:

Chris at Total Detailing International www.tdinternational.co.uk at South Shields set to work on Monday morning and he was still working until late last night and he thinks until 11:00pm again tonight. I now realise what detailing is, and I thought I was OCD

Here's something to keep us going until we can stand the brilliance of the finished article. I'll put up some before and after photos of the bodywork tomorrow when she's finished.

Decontamination of the paintwork:

Even the brand new wheels are going to get the full treatment and protection.

The first photo shows the state of years of grime but nice new inner arches, done last week with the brake duct system.

Good as new except the old wheels had caused some rubbing, there's no sign of the tyres touching with the Fuchs but we'll get that addressed later and painted back up.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 06-06-2014, 07:14 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Hi Guys,

She's now been completely detailed and previously I thought this was quite a lot of money to spend on a wash 'n wax but I now realise it's been money really well spent. I really can't thank Chris at www.tdinternational.co.uk enough, he spent 4 full day and 3 nights until 11:00pm tirelessly bringing my car up to erm, scratch.

The first couple of photos show a scuff mark on the engine lid from a careless mechanic and the bonnet with sundry fine scratches typical of the rest of the bodywork, through 20 odd years of driving and cleaning etc.

The GTechniq range of products Chris uses, the hard laquer finish is guaranteed for 5 years. Check out the reflections on the roof:

Cheers,
Paul

Last edited by Paul284pt; 06-06-2014 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-06-2014, 07:24 PM
Rey Gunn
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks amazing! I've been thinking of doing this to mine. But also thought the same about spending that type of coin for a "wash". But I will take the plunge one of these days. Maybe after I do a few other mods, it'll happen. Car's a real looker now Paul!
Old 06-06-2014, 09:43 PM
lateforlunch
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man that looks sooooo good! Love your car sir

Quick Reply: So It Begins