Sponsored by:

UK 964 Track Day Club

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 04:58 PM
BLACK-BETTY
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Talat
Mate, give us you thoughts on the car now that you've had her back and on track?

She's looking gorgeous.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:33 AM
evanscott964
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a shot of myself at Teesside Autodrome sprint yesterday, weather was perfect all day so good time by all except one guy in a concours Lotus Sunbeam that rolled it in the afternoon which was devastating to see but a reminder has dangerous this sport is!

Last edited by evanscott964; 10-21-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:03 AM
robt964
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks great - really purposeful

How are your sill covers and shark fin attached? Are they relatively quick release?

I spend a long weekend on the Zolder circuit in Belgium each year and there are usally a good collection of 964s that turn up. One car I saw about 2 years back had the rear bumper attached with the help of 2 dzus fasteners. One each side positioned about 2 inches in and down from the leading edge of the bumper where it joines the rear wing/arch. It was really well done and allowed him to remove the rear bumper in minutes. I'm going to keep an eye out for him this year and paw all over his car to see how he's done it as I really like the idea.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:15 AM
freedman
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cheeksyboy
Now there's an idea!

Is it operated on a run what ya brung basis, or do you need a licence?

Nice to see Freedman's car in action and sounding terrific
Grant, its a really nice event, in a beautiful place

You need a non race licence, which is £43.00 currently (and doesnt require a medical or ARDS test) You also need to belowng to one of the affiliated motor clubs (I belong to Sevenoaks and district, which is £20.00 a year)

Biggest cost, if running in a roadgoing class is the need for an MSA compliant helmet and Overalls, between £400.00 and £500.00 for the pair as a minimum.

Car needs to be MOTd and insured, only mods required are yellow tape on the battery earth and a sticker on the ignition showing which way is off. Seats and harnesses if fotted do not need to be inside the homolgation dates for these classes

Regs and classes differ dependant on the orgainsers. Class I had to run in was dominated by Imprezas and Evos . I ended up 40th out of 100 entries and went progresively quicker every run, so it was a good day all round.

Looking forward to next year, and some other venues in between
Old 05-27-2014, 08:13 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by freedman
Grant, its a really nice event, in a beautiful place

You need a non race licence, which is £43.00 currently (and doesnt require a medical or ARDS test) You also need to belowng to one of the affiliated motor clubs (I belong to Sevenoaks and district, which is £20.00 a year)

Biggest cost, if running in a roadgoing class is the need for an MSA compliant helmet and Overalls, between £400.00 and £500.00 for the pair as a minimum.

Car needs to be MOTd and insured, only mods required are yellow tape on the battery earth and a sticker on the ignition showing which way is off. Seats and harnesses if fotted do not need to be inside the homolgation dates for these classes

Regs and classes differ dependant on the orgainsers. Class I had to run in was dominated by Imprezas and Evos . I ended up 40th out of 100 entries and went progresively quicker every run, so it was a good day all round.

Looking forward to next year, and some other venues in between
Well done mate....I might have to handicap you for our Curborough day at the end of the year.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:35 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by BLACK-BETTY
Mate, give us you thoughts on the car now that you've had her back and on track?

She's looking gorgeous.
Talat took me round in it for a few laps. Felt great from the passenger seat and nice driving by the boy too.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:15 AM
freedman
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by boxsey911
Well done mate....I might have to handicap you for our Curborough day at the end of the year.
I'm looking forwrad to that Steve, shopuld be a good event

Especially if we could run the slightly longer standard sprint format?
Old 05-27-2014, 11:50 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by freedman
I'm looking forwrad to that Steve, shopuld be a good event

Especially if we could run the slightly longer standard sprint format?
They won't allow us to run from the proper start line for fear of someone over-cooking it at the first turn on to the loop. Which is understandable IMO as we could be travelling at a fair lick at that point. Last time we set a start point at the exit gate so that we could do standing start sprints. The loop can now also be run as a figure of eight, so there should be plenty of fun to be had.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:20 PM
freedman
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by boxsey911
The loop can now also be run as a figure of eight, so there should be plenty of fun to be had.

I had seen that, should be good fun
Old 05-28-2014, 03:27 AM
evanscott964
Instructor

Hi Rob
The side sills etc are held in place by Pro Bolts button hd cap screws, I just replaced the red push in socket with rivbushes M6, and used the same throughout.
I'm going to do the same with the bumpers just to aid getting the car on a trailer etc!
Steve
What's the dates for Curborough I'm going to try and get down to meet up if possible
Cheers
Simon
Old 05-28-2014, 03:58 AM
freedman
Three Wheelin'

Simon,

Curborough is Saturday 8th November

Gary
Old 05-28-2014, 04:01 AM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

Gary, nice v. Short video from Alex.

I'd love to try this, maybe next year we could get more 964's doing it!
Old 05-28-2014, 04:11 AM
freedman
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by STUARTQ
Gary, nice v. Short video from Alex.

I'd love to try this, maybe next year we could get more 964's doing it!
Stuart, would be great if a bunch of us could enter, would be great fun

I discussed it with Alex on Sunday and I think he is certainly looking to do it next year
Old 05-28-2014, 05:47 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by evanscott964
Hi Rob
The side sills etc are held in place by Pro Bolts button hd cap screws, I just replaced the red push in socket with rivbushes M6, and used the same throughout.
I'm going to do the same with the bumpers just to aid getting the car on a trailer etc!
Steve
What's the dates for Curborough I'm going to try and get down to meet up if possible
Cheers
Simon
Simon, as Gary says above it is Saturday 8th November. I will be doing a dedicated thread on it soon. Would be great if you can make it.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:53 AM
dave964diver
Racer

Originally Posted by evanscott964
Here's a shot of myself at Teesside Autodrome sprint yesterday, weather was perfect all day so good time by all except one guy in a concours Lotus Sunbeam that rolled it in the afternoon which was devastating to see but a reminder has dangerous this sport is!
Wow nice car Evan. Looks like it weights nothing. Have you got a build thread? Looks bloody awesome.

Quick Reply: UK 964 Track Day Club