Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

964 Prices

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2022, 01:06 PM
pmstandley
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have come across many that don't have the Recaro Sport Buckets. I believe it was an option at the time.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...1-speedster-3/
Old 05-20-2022, 01:08 PM
pmstandley
Rennlist Member

I have found many without the Recaro Buckets. I believe it was an option at the time.

Old 05-20-2022, 01:46 PM
Scott Dunavant
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 125 Posts

I owned my 94 Speedster for 11 years or so I ripped the top lowering it the way the manual claims. Kids could not ride in the rear seat. Probably need a special rider on your insurance policy for the cost of the windshield.
I'm not sure if the Recaro Sport Buckets came with a tiptronic? A 1993 Tiptronic CAB is $55,000, might be worth considering. I think the price is correct with Twist wheels, Tip option, Normal 4 way seats. You can check the production date on the seats if the options are not available. As for the carfax You have to title search in each state, show inspection receipts where the miles were recorded off. It's common for speedometers to fail. That's why NH is so busy. I think the Color Red is coming back. At least on BAT is did with that 94 Turbo.
Old 05-20-2022, 03:02 PM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 136 Posts

I know they came without the Recaro buckets, sport seats were also an option. The one you posted doesn't have the all the red accents that this one does.

Originally Posted by pmstandley
I have found many without the Recaro Buckets. I believe it was an option at the time.

Old 05-20-2022, 03:12 PM
pmstandley
Rennlist Member

I stand corrected. I see what you are saying. Also, How much does it being an automatic devalue the car? Not many have traded from that era.

Old 05-20-2022, 07:48 PM
Scott Dunavant
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 125 Posts

Tips devalue 964's and 993's about $20,000. It can devalue a coupe by $30,000 to $40,000. I converted my 93 Cab to a Manual. I also have factory Cup 1 wheels for that speedster. The twists devalue the car for reselling. Cup 1's are going for $3200 today. If you painted the Cup1's red then it adds a unique value to the car.
Old 05-26-2022, 10:36 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Received 695 Likes on 299 Posts

Planning on selling my 964 here soon, any idea how much I should be asking? its a guards red 91 C2 manual coupe with 162k miles and a very recent (5k miles) 3.8 engine rebuild, tons of RS parts in it (shocks, tie rods, flywheel, clutch, cams & probably more) wong chip, numeric shifter and golden rod kit, and once it gets out of the shop (getting new injectors) it will be mechanically perfect as a 30 year old car can be, everything works (spoiler/sunroof) and no oil leaks. Grey leather interior is in very good shape, just needs a new stereo/speakers and only mod I have is a momo steering wheel, I have the original wheel. Brand new manual shifter boot & **** and turn signal apparatus, In the last year had over 14k done in work/parts and reinstalled the power steering. No AC though... no rust either, california/nevada car... As far as exterior goes I believe its original paint, and will critique further once I get it out of the detail shop, cup 2 wheels (knockoffs probably?), eruo fog lights, H4 halogen front lights, Rear wiper delete, dual exhaust, brand new tail lights and light bar, windshield has a small chip in it in the far side passenger corner, I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of stuff too...

With selling prices on BAT for pretty crappy condition cars I have literally no clue how much to price it at, any ballpark ideas?

Last edited by smegman; 05-26-2022 at 10:37 PM.
Old 05-26-2022, 11:55 PM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 132 Posts

Where were all these manual C2 coupes when I was looking for a car 1year ago? There were literally no cars for sale and now there are at least two 964s for sale on BaT at anytime. I realize that prices have went up over this past year but is that the sole reason driving Rennlist folks to part ways?

Based off BaT auctions you can not buy a non storied C2 coupe manual for under 90K. How you present the car for sale can be significant on moving that needle. If you don’t have paint meter reader then buy one as they are cheap and if your car has original paint it will pay back the cost of the meter 100X.

As for the modifications I am not sure they add any value over that of a new stock part. From what I have seen it’s more about the well maintained aspect and that the prospective buyer doesn’t have to dump a ton of money into repairs. I like your mods and would have been near the front of the line to buy if I didn’t already pick up my RSA.

If you post more details (paint condition w/meter readings, interior, engine build, recent maintenance, anything repairs needed) I am sure more folks will chime in on an actual value
Old 05-27-2022, 12:07 AM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Received 695 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Ecosse911
Where were all these manual C2 coupes when I was looking for a car 1year ago? There were literally no cars for sale and now there are at least two 964s for sale on BaT at anytime. I realize that prices have went up over this past year but is that the sole reason driving Rennlist folks to part ways?

Based off BaT auctions you can not buy a non storied C2 coupe manual for under 90K. How you present the car for sale can be significant on moving that needle. If you don’t have paint meter reader then buy one as they are cheap and if your car has original paint it will pay back the cost of the meter 100X.

As for the modifications I am not sure they add any value over that of a new stock part. From what I have seen it’s more about the well maintained aspect and that the prospective buyer doesn’t have to dump a ton of money into repairs. I like your mods and would have been near the front of the line to buy if I didn’t already pick up my RSA.

If you post more details (paint condition w/meter readings, interior, engine build, recent maintenance, anything repairs needed) I am sure more folks will chime in on an actual value
Thanks, I appreciate it, I'll have my detailer take some pictures of paint readings from each panel and share more pics when I get the car back from the shop
Old 05-27-2022, 11:09 AM
s65e90
Race Car

Received 824 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by smegman
Planning on selling my 964 here soon, any idea how much I should be asking? its a guards red 91 C2 manual coupe with 162k miles and a very recent (5k miles) 3.8 engine rebuild, tons of RS parts in it (shocks, tie rods, flywheel, clutch, cams & probably more) wong chip, numeric shifter and golden rod kit, and once it gets out of the shop (getting new injectors) it will be mechanically perfect as a 30 year old car can be, everything works (spoiler/sunroof) and no oil leaks. Grey leather interior is in very good shape, just needs a new stereo/speakers and only mod I have is a momo steering wheel, I have the original wheel. Brand new manual shifter boot & **** and turn signal apparatus, In the last year had over 14k done in work/parts and reinstalled the power steering. No AC though... no rust either, california/nevada car... As far as exterior goes I believe its original paint, and will critique further once I get it out of the detail shop, cup 2 wheels (knockoffs probably?), eruo fog lights, H4 halogen front lights, Rear wiper delete, dual exhaust, brand new tail lights and light bar, windshield has a small chip in it in the far side passenger corner, I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of stuff too...

With selling prices on BAT for pretty crappy condition cars I have literally no clue how much to price it at, any ballpark ideas?

100K car for sure.
Old 05-31-2022, 01:56 AM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...1-carrera-4-6/

Driver level C4 manual, non original paint, needs a little tidying, 89K + fees, so >90K. I’m glad to see 964s continue to do well even after the recent stock market drop
Old 05-31-2022, 07:22 PM
john tanglewood
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 20 Posts

I’m interested to have my local shop to build me a hotrod type 964. Paint it whatever I want, GT3 engine, widebody conversion etc etc.

Are there any recommend sites out there to look for C2s or C4s that need a lot of work? I even think in this case a salvage title would be acceptable.

I’ve looked at PCar auctions, maybe that is the best site?

I’ve also looked at the site JamesEditon (if considering something more put together), I don’t think I’d want to go down the road of importing something, but if anyone has experience with them would love to hear it!

thanks!

Last edited by john tanglewood; 05-31-2022 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-01-2022, 08:14 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,261 Posts

Originally Posted by Ecosse911
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...1-carrera-4-6/

Driver level C4 manual, non original paint, needs a little tidying, 89K + fees, so >90K. I’m glad to see 964s continue to do well even after the recent stock market drop
IMO that car did quite well considering its mediocre condition. I have a funny feeling that car has more stories to tell than we are seeing.
Old 06-01-2022, 12:43 PM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cobalt
IMO that car did quite well considering its mediocre condition. I have a funny feeling that car has more stories to tell than we are seeing.
There are more shill comments and bids these days. This one had a couple of unsubstantiated claims but not as bad as some other recent auctions. I like BaT however it’s not as transparent anymore and buyers need to do their diligence.

In terms of car condition unless it’s a really obvious repair (panel gaps) it’s not so easy to tell from auction pics. I am no expert like you but I have started delving into my first 964. All the under body panels, liners and other stuff are pretty good at obscuring what may lie beneath. I almost piped up in the comments but decided to stay quiet but agree that there is likely more to the story than a refresh respray.
Old 06-01-2022, 03:44 PM
darylbowden
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 325 Posts

This is an interesting one: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...era-2-coupe-9/

I imagine it will increase soon, but the relatively few photos and the imperfect responses but the seller seem to be holding it back. This auction (like all BAT auctions lately) sure seems to have a few uninformed commenters (see airbag wheel question for a great one). Usually the more intelligent commenters police the idiots in the comments, but I do wonder how many people take some of these comments at face value and what impact, if any, that has on final sale price.
The following users liked this post:
BGLeduc (06-02-2022)

Quick Reply: 964 Prices