Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

CPRacing: V3 Splitter/PICS....

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 06:23 AM
Jere
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was not an insult, that was a fact. My friends would tear them off.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:48 AM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jere
That was not an insult, that was a fact. My friends would tear them off.

Time to find some friends who understand what it means to have a functional performance part!
Old 03-24-2009, 08:03 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Lorax
Time to find some friends who understand what it means to have a functional performance part!
I hate to do this, and am not trying to pile on, BUT...

Look at the Strosek designs from the mid 80s, then look at the ricer "tuner" styles in the U.S. of the late 90s early 2000s and you will see a lot of similarities... European styling in cars (moulded bumpers, high spoilers, "frenched" headlights, HID) has always preceded the popular styling in the U.S., and is some cases by DECADES, it is caused by the number of european countries and companies in close proximity to one another, and competition coupled to the U.S. D.O.T. need to control what is driving around our roads.

Look at how long it takes NEW designs to emerge from the U.S. auto shows to the showroom floor vice how long it takes designs to go from European shows to the road.... Here it can take up to a decade or more for this transition, but in Europe it can happen in as little as one model year.

I would KILL to be able to get my grubby hands on the latest European models, styling, and performance, but it would be shut down by the import point controllers, has anyone on here ever tried to import a European vehicle to the U.S.? I won't even mention how long it took ANYONE to bring a true "Silvia" to the U.S., I believe there are still only a dozen or so True "Silvia" cars in the U.S. despite their popularity and availability in Japan... The GT-R is the U.S. version and just became available.

OK, Rant Over back to the V-3 string... Thank You
Old 03-24-2009, 08:44 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorax
Right... I don't see why it matters who made it originally. I'm not friends with AIR and I'm not trying to advertise for them or anything. Most people around here know that style splitter as the AIR splitter, therefore in the interest of simplicity I simply refer to it is that. Andy Warhol could have designed it for all I care. I'm sorry if my ignorance offends your delicate sensibilities, I'm just a dumb american after all. :P
I'm trying to stay out of this conversation, but
So you don't think it matters who makes a product/design originally?
As Olli said, if someone copied CPR's products this board would BURN THAT PERSON TO THE GROUND. I've seen it so many times.
But somehow, I've never seen that happen when a US based company/person copies a non US product. Amazing..
Old 03-24-2009, 08:54 AM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Duke
I'm trying to stay out of this conversation, but
So you don't think it matters who makes a product/design originally?
As Olli said, if someone copied CPR's products this board would BURN THAT PERSON TO THE GROUND. I've seen it so many times.
But somehow, I've never seen that happen when a US based company/person copies a non US product. Amazing..
Talk about a strawman... did you read the rest of the paragraph after that sentance?

If it is so important to you, go ahead and call strosek. Tell them that olli, AIR, and several others have copied their design and their legal team should deal with it at once.

AIR splitter is the most widely used name for that style of splitter on this board, so that is the one I will stick to using. Unless you would prefer I call it the
strosek/air/olli snellman/gruppe 951/haagen dazs/gemballa style splitter
Old 03-24-2009, 09:40 AM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gentlemen,

Thanks the John & Lorax

Jere....I am assuming this means you would like to order 2 units? I can have them out tomorrow, just send me your ship to address. I'll include an eye bandage kit at no charge FWIW...my guys would rip my eyes out also...if I painted my car rainbow coalition blue, just kidding....

But on a serious note, As I have said before the units would not be for everyone. However, the ones that do not wish to own it, simply do not purchase it....but perhaps some have more ettiquete than others. And yes, If I simply copy someone else's work than sure...I can make pretty much anything in a few days, nothing is that difficult once someone has done the "leg work" for you.

Anyway, your comments were read and discarded. You reference constructive criticism and evolution.....2 points that I failed to see in your post, hence my disregard. Which is fine, as we all have a right to post what each so chooses, so no big deal. However, why not post some of these unique products that you have created in an effort to broaden the 951 community? I have read where you manufacture many, many custom parts. Why not share them here? I am sure you can offer quite alot to the community.

Look forward to seeing pictures of your items and the design thoughts and details associated therein.

Thanks
Old 03-24-2009, 09:45 AM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jere….,Jag att anta för förmiddag som var detta hjälpmedel dig, skulle något liknande för att beställa 2 enheter? Jag kan ha dem ut i morgon, överför precis mig din ship för att tilltala. Jag ska inkluderar en syna förbinder satsen på ingen laddning FWIW… som min grabbar min skulle reva synar ut också…, om jag målade min blått för bilregnbågeförening och precis att lura….,

Men på ett allvarligt notera, som jag har sagt för enheterna som skulle för att inte vara för alla. Emellertid inhandlar de, som inte önskar att äga den, enkelt inte den….,men kanske har några mer ettiquete än andra. Och ja, om jag kopierar enkelt någon annat arbete, än sure… jag kan göra nätt mycket något i några dagar, är ingenting att svårt en gång någon har gjort ”lägger benen på ryggen arbete” för dig.

På något sätt lästes kasserades dina kommentarer och. Du hänvisar till konstruktiv kritik, och evolution ..... 2 pekar, att jag missade för att se i ditt postar, hence mitt ignorerande. Vilket är fint, som alla vi har rakt till en posta vad varje väljer så, så ingen stor överenskommelse. Emellertid varför att inte posta några av dessa unika produkter som du har skapat i ett försök att bredda gemenskapen 951? Jag har läst var dig tillverkning många, många beställnings- delar. Varför att inte dela dem här? Jag förmiddagen sure dig kan erbjuda ganska ett lott till gemenskapen.

Se till att se föreställer av dina objekt och designtankarna och specificerar framåtriktat tillhörande däri.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:10 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CPR
Jere….,Jag att anta för förmiddag som var detta hjälpmedel dig, skulle något liknande för att beställa 2 enheter? Jag kan ha dem ut i morgon, överför precis mig din ship för att tilltala. Jag ska inkluderar en syna förbinder satsen på ingen laddning FWIW… som min grabbar min skulle reva synar ut också…, om jag målade min blått för bilregnbågeförening och precis att lura….,

Men på ett allvarligt notera, som jag har sagt för enheterna som skulle för att inte vara för alla. Emellertid inhandlar de, som inte önskar att äga den, enkelt inte den….,men kanske har några mer ettiquete än andra. Och ja, om jag kopierar enkelt någon annat arbete, än sure… jag kan göra nätt mycket något i några dagar, är ingenting att svårt en gång någon har gjort ”lägger benen på ryggen arbete” för dig.

På något sätt lästes kasserades dina kommentarer och. Du hänvisar till konstruktiv kritik, och evolution ..... 2 pekar, att jag missade för att se i ditt postar, hence mitt ignorerande. Vilket är fint, som alla vi har rakt till en posta vad varje väljer så, så ingen stor överenskommelse. Emellertid varför att inte posta några av dessa unika produkter som du har skapat i ett försök att bredda gemenskapen 951? Jag har läst var dig tillverkning många, många beställnings- delar. Varför att inte dela dem här? Jag förmiddagen sure dig kan erbjuda ganska ett lott till gemenskapen.

Se till att se föreställer av dina objekt och designtankarna och specificerar framåtriktat tillhörande däri.
/\------- What He Said...... Sorry Couldn't resist......... Can't we all just get along?
Old 03-24-2009, 11:10 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Look at the Strosek designs from the mid 80s, then look at the ricer "tuner" styles in the U.S. of the late 90s early 2000s and you will see a lot of similarities..
You are absolutely right Most of that Strosek kit is pure grab, but that splitter lives in many formats. Also sideskirts are nice. But that frontpanel with lights not to mention rear hatch were something else, just terrible.

Patrick,
nice to notice you can also some Swedish, which is also a minority language here in Finland. About 6% of us speak/write it as a native language, so it's an official language here, mostly used in the southern/western costal area of Finland. Finnish is toatlly different language, not even close to Swedish.I suppose would be a little bit difficult to find decent English/Finnish internet based translator.

Gustaf, är det vad han har skrivit Svenska? Det låtar litet konstikt?

Tell them that olli, AIR, and several others have copied their design and their legal team should deal with it at once
No we have copied a Swedish "Sanden" item. Add that to your list. Our copycat item has been changed a little bit what comes to the bottom design.

Last edited by Olli Snellman; 03-24-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:35 AM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Received one in the mail yesterday Patrick! Great quality! Can't wait to see it running around the track. Thanks for the fast shipping!
Old 03-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Jere
Intermediate

I make parts for ME, not for sale. That is because I want to have something on my cars that are not bought around like f**king Lego's. I made that splitter by my own hands on my CS, I did not COPY it anywhere.

I can't even advertise here even if I would have something to sell. And I'm not even interested on such "business", since most of the parts and combinations I've made on my cars are such parts that I like to keep them my self. Selfish? Perhaps yes. Troublefree. Definitely. Besides, Patrick, you do not haev anything else than those splitters what you have made yourself, so I rest my case on that issue.

Patrick, I do not even want to express my emotions and thoughts of you using translation from english to swedish. That's just sad, I'm sorry to say. So sad. Just like I would presume that all the folks in Florida speak spanish because Cuba is so close.

My car was painted by Porsche AG.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:10 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Olli Snellman and Gruppe951 have been cooking up 951 parts for ever....they just wouldn't share outside the group

These guys aren't a bunch of roughnecks out to cause trouble...just putting their two-cents in for what they know...and they know fiberglass splitters...and bright yellow calipers.

Click Here to see the Chef's....no not the Swedish Chefs

CPR is still GOLD and offers a brave new world where dreams really do come true and does not just blow smoke up someone's ****. He is the ****! And I think we all know about Strosek...love them or hate them...I have never seen an in-between. But hey, they made a hell of a front splitter for the 951.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:40 PM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by testarossa_td
Olli Snellman and Gruppe951 have been cooking up 951 parts for ever....they just wouldn't share outside the group

These guys aren't a bunch of roughnecks out to cause trouble...just putting their two-cents in for what they know...and they know fiberglass splitters...and bright yellow calipers.

Click Here to see the Chef's....no not the Swedish Chefs

CPR is still GOLD and offers a brave new world where dreams really do come true and does not just blow smoke up someone's ****. He is the ****! And I think we all know about Strosek...love them or hate them...I have never seen an in-between. But hey, they made a hell of a front splitter for the 951.
Olli knows as much about these cars as anyone else, and is a very resourceful guy.

I don't know why, but for some reason with a bunch of guys over there splitters are an item of contention.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:52 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll step in here.

For those of you here that think that the V3 splitter does not create substantial quantities of downforce at street car heights, at track speeds (on a track), you need to think again.

I had the AIR splitter, which I replaced with the V3 splitter.

It definitely produced a noticeable change in front end grip (as well as producing a feeling of the front end riding "smoother") at speeds over about 85mph.

My LS1 951, which sits at a lowered street height (because I would not be able to get it out of my driveway without tearing up the front end and the exhaust tips if it didn't...), had the bumper skin literally ripped in two by the downforce created by the V3.

It produces so much down force at speed that you must have the vertical supports to keep the bumper from being damaged.

So before you spout off about no real downforce, pay attention to this:

(This is what happened on lap 5 of my first practice session after I replaced my AIR splitter with the V3 splitter)

TonyG

Old 03-24-2009, 08:10 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Must be Finnish down force
Seriously people have a laugh.

I can't see your pics Tony...but thanks for the field test!!

Quick Reply: CPRacing: V3 Splitter/PICS....