CPRacing: V3 Splitter/PICS....

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 10:48 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeroz
Patrick,
have you seen my previous postings? I´m interested in placing an order if possible.
Mike
Sorry Mike...it has been crazy here. I'll ship anywhere...just keep in mind this is not a small parcel, so shipping will probably be pretty brutal. I sent some to France and it was around $150.00 IIRC......

Also the V3's are almost out....I have another batch coming but probably not for 2 more weeks. The V1's I just did 15 more...... Just an FYI

Originally Posted by Animus
+1

I'm still waiting on mine, but someone post some pictures....
If I remember shipping to ME?Cannot be more than a day or 2 AT the MOST (actually I would have thought by today). I'll dig your track tomorrow afternoon when I get back to the office.

I'm trying...one man 3 jobs....
Old 03-11-2009, 11:04 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CPR
Sorry Mike...it has been crazy here. I'll ship anywhere...just keep in mind this is not a small parcel, so shipping will probably be pretty brutal. I sent some to France and it was around $150.00 IIRC......

Also the V3's are almost out....I have another batch coming but probably not for 2 more weeks. The V1's I just did 15 more...... Just an FYI

If I remember shipping to ME?Cannot be more than a day or 2 AT the MOST (actually I would have thought by today). I'll dig your track tomorrow afternoon when I get back to the office.

I'm trying...one man 3 jobs....
Sounds like you need some part time help.... I have some gophers to send if you want them...
Old 03-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Animus
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got it today, so I'm grinning. I can't wait to mount it.

Patrick, did you get my message on the 10mm support rods?
Old 03-12-2009, 07:56 PM
FASTRNU
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pm sent thanks JOEL
Old 03-16-2009, 08:47 AM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

I got my splitter on thursday. I got to spend a little time over the weekend looking at it - thought I'd share my thoughts.

First off, I want to thank Patrick for making the effort to make something new. I know he's busy and I know it's not easy.

It's a very nicely formed piece of 3/16" ABS plastic:

And, in my opinion, it's very rigid. I definitely believe that it will NOT deflect at speed - even without the turn buckle supports. (Patrick, if you haven't shipped the turn buckles to me yet, don't bother!)

As happy as I am with the product, I do have to say, don't expect this to be a pure bolt-on item. Like any other type of fiberglass splitter, this will require a bit of extra work to make it fit. Specifically, I found that the pre-drilled mounting holes are not in the right places... the center few holes are, but by the time you get to the edge, they're about 1/2" off.

It also needs some extra holes drilled in it, and it needs some kind of gasket or weatherstripping. I'm also unsure what the 2 big cutouts are for... my batwing doesn't have those.

But, again, it's a nice product. Not only do I think it'll look sharp on the car, I think it will make a real difference on the track - which is my goal for installing it. I'm also happy to note that it's no heavier, and maybe a little lighter than the stock batwing.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:19 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

There are atleast two different types of batwing, one which you have and the one with the slots cutout similar (same as CPR's splitter). Someone mentioned in my old for sale thread that the slots were used to allow access to the tiedown points on the front frame rail.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
There are atleast two different types of batwing, one which you have and the one with the slots cutout similar (same as CPR's splitter). Someone mentioned in my old for sale thread that the slots were used to allow access to the tiedown points on the front frame rail.
Interesting. I have the tie-down brackets... maybe it's an early vs. late thing.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:10 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Nice pics, NOW WE NEED SOME ON A CAR....

Come on guys, the V1 owners had them mounted as soon as received..

The people are waiting... impatiently...
Old 03-17-2009, 07:22 AM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Patrick, No worries but did mine ship? I'm going to see 333pg333's before mine, I can' wait.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:55 AM
CPR
Race Director

Originally Posted by evil 944t
Patrick, No worries but did mine ship? I'm going to see 333pg333's before mine, I can' wait.
It is already at your address.

Van,
I am a bit confused on the hole alignment. The CNC prgram that drills these is the same axis lay that drills the V1, and I have not had any issues. I mounted a V3 last night to try and replicate the problem you were having and it matched up fine.

Perhaps, your unit was not cradled vac'd precisely allowing a minor bit alignment issue...just thinking out loud...that is all I can think of.

I'll be more than happy to send you another if you like. I want you to have one that is as perfect as I can make them. Let me know, I can have one moving by Thursday, and sorry for the mistake.

PATRICK
Old 03-17-2009, 10:42 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CPR
It is already at your address.

Van,
I am a bit confused on the hole alignment. The CNC prgram that drills these is the same axis lay that drills the V1, and I have not had any issues. I mounted a V3 last night to try and replicate the problem you were having and it matched up fine.

Perhaps, your unit was not cradled vac'd precisely allowing a minor bit alignment issue...just thinking out loud...that is all I can think of.

I'll be more than happy to send you another if you like. I want you to have one that is as perfect as I can make them. Let me know, I can have one moving by Thursday, and sorry for the mistake.

PATRICK
Wow now thats customer service. BTW my splitter is looking great in my room lol
Old 03-17-2009, 11:06 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by reno808
Wow now thats customer service. BTW my splitter is looking great in my room lol
I realize that while I am givving hell for no V3 pics, I have my own V1 sitting in it's package in my livingroom, but then I also have my spindles, A Arms, tie rods, struts and shocks sitting in my living room as well...

It will all be together this weekend though... MMMM Delish
Old 03-17-2009, 11:12 AM
Van
Rennlist Member

Patrick, I don't have my car (or the bumper cover) at home (it's at the body shop), so I was only able to overlay the original batwing on top on the V3 to check hole alignment. With the original batwing on top, I lined up one side and dropped screws through. (See pics)

Maybe there's some flex or something that I'm not accounting for... I'm hoping to get the car back this coming weekend, let's wait and see how it fits to the bumper cover - then we can make a determination if there's really something wrong.

Again, I'm not trying to complain - I think you've done a great thing here. I'm just trying to offer guidance to make it even better!
Old 03-17-2009, 11:27 AM
CPR
Race Director

Van,
No worries, just let me know.

I think once you have the bumper cover it will be fine. From what I remember the OEM batwings were 60% consistent in shape (3 in 5 were identical 2 were slightly different).
Old 03-17-2009, 09:21 PM
FASTRNU
Pro

Is mine still stuck in Memphis?I hate it when it does that!

Quick Reply: CPRacing: V3 Splitter/PICS....