Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum-72/)
-   -   CPRacing: V3 Splitter/PICS.... (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/481682-cpracing-v3-splitter-pics.html)

CPR 02-09-2009 08:07 PM

CPRacing: V3 Splitter/PICS....

The V3 Race Splitter...ALL BUSINESS:

-Full 4.25" lip

-Includes full Batwing in the one-piece design

-weight=7.34lbs

-Pre-drilled holes utilising OEM locations.

-Supplied with all new Stainless Steel & Black anodized mounting hardware.

-Supplied with one pair of fully adjustable "quick release" support/control arms

-Arms are custom matched in Stainless Steel

-Additional adjustable arms (multiple sizes) are available for increased support

-Full one-piece molded ABS/High Impact Plastic construction for unmatched durability

*UNITS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE SHIP ON FEB. 27th 2009*
*RENNS MEMBERS WILL HAVE THE FIRST OPPORTUNITY TO PURCHASE THESE @ THE ONE-TIME SALE PRICE OF $325.00 (+$35.00 SHIPPING IN U.S.)*

-this is limited to the first 15 units ONLY

E-mail any questions to : CPRacing_aero@live.com

Attachment 334906

Attachment 334908

Attachment 334909

Attachment 334910

Attachment 334911

dillon410021 02-09-2009 08:10 PM

looks nice

ausgeflippt951 02-09-2009 08:13 PM

Wow that thing is sexy. If i had a track car, I'd totally rock it. As of right now, I'm just eagerly awaiting my V1. or whatever the normal one is called.

TonyG 02-09-2009 09:29 PM

Nice.

Where are the supports transferring their load to? Why are the supports angled instead of vertical?

TonyG

Lorax 02-09-2009 09:49 PM

dude, do you have that crest on there in case you forget what kind of car you drive? :roflmao:

:)

CPR 02-09-2009 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by TonyG (Post 6268427)
Nice.

Where are the supports transferring their load to? Why are the supports angled instead of vertical?

TonyG

There is angle bracketing mounted behind the outside termination points and a straight piece of steel horizontally behind the two interior supports. After the fact it was realized this was overkill. A simple thru bolt/twin washer assembly at these and several other frontal mounting points were found sufficient to balance/deflect the applied horizontal energies encountered at speeds consistent to 135/145mph without compromising the strength or integrity of the area it was attached to.

The design of the unit makes it extremely structually sound. The supports are more of a complimentary and safety feature, although they do aid in consistently keeping the lip edge true under extreme duress.

The interior supports are angled for 2 reasons:
-to show the amount of adjustability available in the support
-to attept to clear the lower air intake area as much as possible (so as not to disrupt cooling flow)

The exterior support angle:
-the outsides were originally vertical, however after testing we found that the point that was best served via supports was a bit more to the outside (15 3/32" from the lower center support POA and 1 5/16" from the lip edge). Instead of relocating/redrilling* our upper mounting, we just adjusted the support to the desired area.
*I was trying not to swiss cheese my nose!

Hope that helps:cheers:

CPR 02-09-2009 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Lorax (Post 6268545)
dude, do you have that crest on there in case you forget what kind of car you drive? :roflmao:

:)

I guess I could put a Lotus badge on there....the layouts on their SCCA cars is the same.

....and it would make it faster:evilgrin:

TonyG 02-09-2009 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by CPR (Post 6268614)
There is angle bracketing mounted behind the outside termination points and a straight piece of steel horizontally behind the two interior supports. After the fact it was realized this was overkill. A simple thru bolt/twin washer assembly at these and several other frontal mounting points were found sufficient to balance/deflect the applied horizontal energies encountered at speeds consistent to 135/145mph without compromising the strength or integrity of the area it was attached to.

My concern would be if I went off the track and the splitter "dug in" to the sand.... Would then, the supports rip the front bumper cover apart?

Typically, splitters with supports are supported to something structural for this very reason (the actual aluminum front bumper itself would be a decent support structure).

The loads imposed by the aerodynamic forces are one thing. When the splitter touches something is another thing altogether.

What you don't want is to damage the splitter, and rip out the front bumper cover in the process.

And when you're talking about race track usage... going off the track is part of the deal.

Just my .02 cents.

And FYI, I'd like to see the splitter even bigger... flush with the most forward point of the bumper skin. These cars push and can use all the front traction they can get.

So... I love the splitter, but make it extend further, and flatter (like a tray), tie the supports into something structural, and :evilgrin: it's ready for the race track. God knows that we need a real deal front splitter. This could be it. Do that and you'll have a line of racers ponied up.

TonyG

Lorax 02-09-2009 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by TonyG (Post 6268757)
My concern would be if I went off the track and the splitter "dug in" to the sand.... Would then, the supports rip the front bumper cover apart?

Typically, splitters with supports are supported to something structural for this very reason (the actual aluminum front bumper itself would be a decent support structure).

The loads imposed by the aerodynamic forces are one thing. When the splitter touches something is another thing altogether.

What you don't want is to damage the splitter, and rip out the front bumper cover in the process.

And when you're talking about race track usage... going off the track is part of the deal.

Just my .02 cents.

And FYI, I'd like to see the splitter even bigger... flush with the most forward point of the bumper skin. These cars push and can use all the front traction they can get.

So... I love the splitter, but make it extend further, and flatter (like a tray), tie the supports into something structural, and :evilgrin: it's ready for the race track. God knows that we need a real deal front splitter. This could be it. Do that and you'll have a line of racers ponied up.

TonyG

I believe it's only a half inch shy of the forward most point, IIRC. It's left slightly shorter to avoid any confusion with the rules, most of which wont allow it to protrude past the forward-most point of the bumper cover.

TonyG 02-09-2009 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Lorax (Post 6268837)
I believe it's only a half inch shy of the forward most point, IIRC. It's left slightly shorter to avoid any confusion with the rules, most of which wont allow it to protrude past the forward-most point of the bumper cover.

Could be. Hard to judge from the pictures.

I think we need more pictures!!!

TonyG

Lorax 02-09-2009 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by TonyG (Post 6268850)
Could be. Hard to judge from the pictures.

I think we need more pictures!!!

TonyG

+1!

CPR 02-09-2009 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by TonyG (Post 6268757)

Just my .02 cents.

TonyG

Tony,
Good point on the sand issue.

The supports can be attached where ever, as the locations are not pre-drilled in the splitter.

As for extending it, we are in compliance with the PCA guidelines by 1/2". I can check the mold structure to see if we can elongate it any further.

Thanks

PATRICK

TonyG 02-10-2009 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Lorax (Post 6268837)

Originally Posted by CPR (Post 6268963)
Tony,
Good point on the sand issue.

The supports can be attached where ever, as the locations are not pre-drilled in the splitter.

As for extending it, we are in compliance with the PCA guidelines by 1/2". I can check the mold structure to see if we can elongate it any further.

Thanks

PATRICK

Ahhhh PCA Shmeeeeca. The real racers are POC :icon107:

Run it to the edge of the bumper :soapbox:

TonyG

INURGRL951 02-10-2009 12:44 AM

Hey Patrick how are things there I think that splitter would be the SH@*! As for the sand traps hell I guess it would be time to replace ( I had my time in the sand) Sooooo how about driving one by my shop so I can make "Playboy" look more sinister:evilgrin::evilgrin:?????:thumbup:

INURGRL951 02-10-2009 12:46 AM

That is just what I been looking for to capitalize on the front of my cars appearance!!!!!!!!!!