Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

CPRacing: V3 Splitter/PICS....

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 07:02 AM
Jere
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMHO: this might work well as downforcewise, but honestly speaking you could spend some time working on the shape and looks of the product. I know I would not put that splitter on my car even on a racecar.

Pics you have posted on the first post, that kind of splitters was found on VW Golfs and other "not-so-hot" cars about half a decade a go in Europe.

edit: I think that IF I would bring a car with those supports found on the post 1 of this topic to a Porsche-Club meeting, my friends would tear them off without my permission, just to prevent they're eyes to bleed...
Old 03-23-2009, 07:17 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pics you have posted on the first post, that kind of splitters was found on VW Golfs and other "not-so-hot" cars about half a decade a go in Europe.
German tuning from year 2000

Old 03-23-2009, 10:39 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

BRUTAL!
CPR is doing something that people on this list have BEGGED for! on a car that is how old?? He has tooled this himself(with his team of designers) and massive input from the listers.....but your comments are funny as sh*t...so

Originally Posted by Jere
IMHO: this might work well as downforcewise, but honestly speaking you could spend some time working on the shape and looks of the product. I know I would not put that splitter on my car even on a racecar.

edit: I think that IF I would bring a car with those supports found on the post 1 of this topic to a Porsche-Club meeting, my friends would tear them off without my permission, just to prevent they're eyes to bleed...
Old 03-24-2009, 12:03 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jere

Considering how many people on this list said they were going to do something like this and never were able too. I'd keep your comments to yourself. I don't expect you to realize the history of this undertaking as you haven't been around here all that long but, this has been years in the making.

Now someone actually steps up and does it. I say be supportive or if you can't keep your mouth shut. There are other options for you to go with. No one is saying you have to buy this product.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:34 AM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Hey Jere do you have a myspace page?

Old 03-24-2009, 03:02 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Somehow i found it out funny that you guys are so pissed off. I suppose Jere has right to tell his opinion of this product. Which suits to you does not necessarily suit to everybody. I am sure CPR's product is OK, but surely are few who do not like the look of the product and some who like it a lot. Imho it is just good to have different opininos how to build these old cars.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:20 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Olli Snellman
Somehow i found it out funny that you guys are so pissed off. I suppose Jere has right to tell his opinion of this product. Which suits to you does not necessarily suit to everybody. I am sure CPR's product is OK, but surely are few who do not like the look of the product and some who like it a lot. Imho it is just good to have different opininos how to build these old cars.
You totally missed the point. I guess this is the internet after all though.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:24 AM
Jere
Intermediate

I think Olli was just trying to tell you that what might be "hot" on some eyes, might be "not" on some others. Now, I do not know how many people have begged that kind of flap, nor how many hours he has spent on this product. I just know that it is not finished yet. If CPR wants to sell these flaps in Europe, he needs to remould the part, since I find it hard to believe that any older than 20yrs old would would put that flap and those supports on theyr cars. Unless that car is an old Golf or Toyota.

I do not know what it is called or who made it, but for example that same kind of splitter Olli and his friends have on they're cars does
1: look hell of a lot more better
2: works downforcewise just as well
I know, since I had that splitter on my ex-951. (~300hp/500Nm/284km/h) On street use or streetcar/trackday use that downforce what this splitter (or any splitter) does not affect on the cars behaviour in any way. I know, since i tried it with my ex-951 mentioned above. on 250km/h speed on motorway there was no difference on how the car was behaving. So since I've done some research on this issue with streetcars, I rest my case.

Now doing a small change on the mould would make it a LOT better for the looks sake and street use. It would require a different type of a mould but for that should not be an issue for CPR. See the picture and figure it out.

On street use or streetcar-on-trackday -use that downforce what this splitter (or any splitter) does, does not affect on the cars behaviour in any way. I know, since i tried it with my ex-951 mentioned above. On 250km/h speed on motorway there was no difference on how the car was behaving. Car had OEM M030 struts and 968CS swaybars, 18" Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires. On racecars the effect is much more different since racecars are usually built to be a whole lot different regarding suspension setups, suspension stiffnesses etc. Also, suspension travel has a significant meaning on downforce.

My posting on this issue is merely a constructive criticism, and I do not want to put down a fella who has seen a lot of trouble for something good. I would like to hear a comment from the man himself, just to hear what he thinks about these comments.

edit: before any of you starts whining about the AIR-splitter being stuck on every place, my splitter on my 968CS was on the car 07-08 winter and I had NO problems with it, none whatsoever. I don't have any foto of my car in winter but I'll try to find one so you'll get the figure what I'm talking about.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:34 AM
Jere
Intermediate

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
Considering how many people on this list said they were going to do something like this and never were able too. I'd keep your comments to yourself. I don't expect you to realize the history of this undertaking as you haven't been around here all that long but, this has been years in the making.
It took me 2 days to make that splitter's mould for my 968...
Old 03-24-2009, 04:39 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Jere's ex 951

Jere's current ride

Old 03-24-2009, 04:40 AM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Look closely at the pics, it's pretty much exactly like you have it pictured. And yes, they do create downforce. Duh?

And the air splitter pictured above is a far less functional design from an aerodynamic perspective.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:44 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

And the air splitter pictured above is a far less functional design from an aerodynamic perspective
If you are referring to black 951; it is NOT the Air splitter.Air splitter is just a copied Strosek item. Splitter installed to that black 951 was made by me and my friends.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:46 AM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Olli Snellman
It is NOT Air splitter. I made it with my friends.
No matter who made it, whther you, AIR, or gemballa, the design is nearly identical. I just say AIR because that's generally how that style is identified around here.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:48 AM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Also, here are some pics of "20 year old vw's" with a similar style of splitter

Old 03-24-2009, 04:53 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

No matter who made it, whther you, AIR, or gemballa, the design is nearly identical. I just say AIR because that's generally how that style is identified around here.
Typical american thinking.
Just give the credit to whom it belongs. Air copied it.period.

Strosek kit from the early '90's

Quick Reply: CPRacing: V3 Splitter/PICS....