Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

CPRacing: V3 Splitter/PICS....

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 09:12 PM
TRP951
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey tony is that front bumper fiberglass?
Old 03-24-2009, 09:19 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TonyG
I'll step in here.

For those of you here that think that the V3 splitter does not create substantial quantities of downforce at street car heights, at track speeds (on a track), you need to think again.

I had the AIR splitter, which I replaced with the V3 splitter.

It definitely produced a noticeable change in front end grip (as well as producing a feeling of the front end riding "smoother") at speeds over about 85mph.

My LS1 951, which sits at a lowered street height (because I would not be able to get it out of my driveway without tearing up the front end and the exhaust tips if it didn't...), had the bumper skin literally ripped in two by the downforce created by the V3.

It produces so much down force at speed that you must have the vertical supports to keep the bumper from being damaged.

So before you spout off about no real downforce, pay attention to this:

(This is what happened on lap 5 of my first practice session after I replaced my AIR splitter with the V3 splitter)

TonyG

images deleted
OH MY DAMN...
Old 03-24-2009, 09:59 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jere
I make parts for ME, not for sale. That is because I want to have something on my cars that are not bought around like f**king Lego's. I made that splitter by my own hands on my CS, I did not COPY it anywhere.

I can't even advertise here even if I would have something to sell. And I'm not even interested on such "business", since most of the parts and combinations I've made on my cars are such parts that I like to keep them my self. Selfish? Perhaps yes. Troublefree. Definitely. Besides, Patrick, you do not haev anything else than those splitters what you have made yourself, so I rest my case on that issue.

Patrick, I do not even want to express my emotions and thoughts of you using translation from english to swedish. That's just sad, I'm sorry to say. So sad. Just like I would presume that all the folks in Florida speak spanish because Cuba is so close.

My car was painted by Porsche AG.

lol...I tried to find a Finnish translator online, but that is one of the very few languages not offered. Also I did not relate to the Swedish translation due its' proximity but due to history:

-Swedish speaking settlers arrived in the coastal regions during the medieval time. Swedish kings established their rule in 1249[12]. Swedish became the dominant language of the nobility, administration and education; Finnish was chiefly a language for the peasantry, clergy and local courts in predominantly Finnish-speaking areas. This was a continued practice well into 19th century.

As it seemed that Swedish is the language of aristocracy and Finnish that of lower classes, I did not want to insult anyone. Sorry if I did, no harm was intended.

FWIW...your reference to Floridians being spanish speaking is true, albeit from Cuban, Puerto Rico and Mexican immigrants, but true nonetheless.

Back to the real deal. As I said before, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this unit, nor upcoming products will be for everyone. I think it to be relatively impossible to please everyone. However, I think you need to understand about this "business".

All I tried to do was make ONE single part, to fill an obvious void (cost, flexibility, OEM batwing replacment) at the asking of a few members...nothing more...nothing less...ONE PART. That was until IB threatened to BAN me if I did not cough up the $2,400.00 for a sponsorship. Would this part after all the hours and tool/material cost make that up? Absolutely not....at least not in the forseeable future. So since I had to pay for a sponsorship, why not use it? Why not make more products easily accessible here in the U.S.? And use this income to pay for the sponsorship, while I continue to develop in-house parts. I even reached out to Olli, to see if he would like to sell me parts for re-sale here in the U.S., which he respectfully declined to do. So,that is the story...of which I have not made any money, but have made a tremendous amount of sleepless all-work nights and countless additional headaches. However, knowing that I may have contibuted SOMETHING back to this great community is enough...at least to me.

Now, why not post some pics of these parts you have made to share with everyone else? No one is asking you to sell them, so there is no violation, but this is a "community" where Porsche owners come to share information, parts, advice & whatever. Or is it easier to just cast stones?

*edit- wait a minute...you're not even a member?
Old 03-24-2009, 10:14 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jere who?
Old 03-24-2009, 10:22 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CPR...

The fact that it broke the bumper is not a bad thing. I love the splitter. I like the looks, but more importantly, I like the functionality. The fact that I didn't use supports when I should have is not the splitters fault.

I'm braining out exactly how and where to support on a permanent basis. But for sure the V3 will be on there.

And FWIW, I set my best lap time at WSIR last weekend using the V3 (1.30:5 on NT-01's... on a street driven car!).

TonyG
Old 03-24-2009, 10:34 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyG
CPR...

The fact that it broke the bumper is not a bad thing. I love the splitter. I like the looks, but more importantly, I like the functionality. The fact that I didn't use supports when I should have is not the splitters fault.

I'm braining out exactly how and where to support on a permanent basis. But for sure the V3 will be on there.

And FWIW, I set my best lap time at WSIR last weekend using the V3 (1.30:5 on NT-01's... on a street driven car!).

TonyG
Glad to here it, although I am still sorry for the bumper.

My offer stands on the custom hardware you will require for the new mounts and applicable spacers for the same. Just let me know the dimensions and I'll have them made within a few days and shipped out at no cost.

...and I haven't forgotten about the steel lip edge, just been a bit busy with my day job to get to it.

Let me know and Thanks again,

PATRICK
Old 03-25-2009, 04:09 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Olli Snellman and Gruppe951 have been cooking up 951 parts for ever....they just wouldn't share outside the group
That is not necessarily true. Few things i would like to point out:
-I am not a rennlist member, so i am not allowed to advertised.
-Parts are not our business, it's just hobby.
-Making glassfibre stuff is too messy to mass produce parts.
-Sending big parts to USA is expensive, you get similar ones over there for betterprice
-Most parts(not glassfibre, thats what Patrick asked from me like some some clear lenses as well) we have fabricated/someone have fabricated for us can be bought from Rennlist sponsors like Vitesse Racing & Deutsch Nine.Usually these parts have been produced because we have needed them ourselves but they have been too expensive to produce just for 5-6 guys (like cam gears) So i orderd 30 pairs and those gears were divided to us, Vitesse, D9, Revline Racing (Duke in Stockholm). Occasionally sanity strikes and i make parts for other local Porsche people; there are currently 7 pairs of 1974-1988 911 glassfibre bumbers under manufacturing process. I was suprised how heavy original 911 bumbers are; full metal.

.I tried to find a Finnish translator online, but that is one of the very few languages not offered. Also I did not relate to the Swedish translation due its' proximity but due to history:

-Swedish speaking settlers arrived in the coastal regions during the medieval time. Swedish kings established their rule in 1249[12]. Swedish became the dominant language of the nobility, administration and education; Finnish was chiefly a language for the peasantry, clergy and local courts in predominantly Finnish-speaking areas. This was a continued practice well into 19th century.

As it seemed that Swedish is the language of aristocracy and Finnish that of lower classes, I did not want to insult anyone. Sorry if I did, no harm was intended.
That is partlty tru.There has been Finnish speaking people thousend of years earlier when Swedish arrived. Finland was part of Sweden till 1809. Sweden lost a war against Russia back then and Russians took over Finland. In 1809 Finland got autonomy and was not part Russia. Only russian Zsar was in charge in Finland as well. Finland has it's own senators, own laws, own money, own Postal stamps etc.etc. Also own army, which was not allowed to use outside Finland. Swedish langage was used by more educated people and at the start University education was available only in Swedish. Also all church records were written in Swedish, they changed to finnish in 1890's.During the same time also basic education got better when all children started to get it with their own language; either Finnish or Swedish. What is remarkable, is even though Finland was more or less part of Russia from 1809 to 1917 russian language did not have any kind of status here. Swedish language held it's position as "official" language.Currently about 6% of our 5.4 million inhabitants are Swedish speaking, or bilingual, since they all speak/write fluenty Finnish as well.Most Finns still learn Swedish at school since it is mandatory and many of us are against this.I find this sad, because we still have close relationship to Sweden/Swedish and it helps if you can their language.Finnish is too difficult for most of the foreigners,execpet our Estonian brothers whose language is related to ours.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:15 AM
Jere
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CPR

Omg... Most of Europeans KNOW for a fact that you americans do not know a s**t about Europe and it's history, but You are a living proof of that. OMFG!

FYI: Finland is THE ONLY COUNTRY in WW2 that Russians could not invade. We we're outnumbered by 10:1 but we kept our independency. So do a courtecy for your fellow americans and find out the FACTS, please.
Now putting what You put above (in the quote) I could take as an personal insult. But then again, since it seems to be that you are no axception of a normal American regarding your general education of civilisation, I find it hard to have a debate about this issue. Atleast with you.

Done.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:59 AM
JET951
Drifting

Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts

Jere you really need to calm down,
i cant stand your tone on here... your so "in your face". just remember to talk on the internet like you would talk to someone in person, dont be an internet anorak.
Olli makes all what he says interesting, and friendly. why dont you try the same.

Omg... Most of Europeans KNOW for a fact that you americans do not know a s**t about Europe and it's history, but You are a living proof of that. OMFG!

FYI: Finland is THE ONLY COUNTRY in WW2 that Russians could not invade. We we're outnumbered by 10:1 but we kept our independency. So do a courtecy for your fellow americans and find out the FACTS, please.
Now putting what You put above (in the quote) I could take as an personal insult. But then again, since it seems to be that you are no axception of a normal American regarding your general education of civilisation, I find it hard to have a debate about this issue. Atleast with you.

Done.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:03 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Done.
You really are going to have to change how to talk to people around here if you want to last. Patrick provides a service to rennlist and all you've done is run his name in the mud in this thread that supposed to be about his product.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:05 AM
JET951
Drifting

Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts

Here is anothern few picture of the V3 splitter from our track session today with Patricks car.
Attached Images   
Old 03-25-2009, 08:14 AM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

That thing looks mean as hell.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:17 AM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Done.
I think we have had enough of your courtecy and independency already..
Old 03-25-2009, 08:41 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Ok my turn.

Point 1) This splitter was never marketed to be absolutely the most cutting edge (couldn't resist) product available. If it was you would be paying maybe an extra zero on the ticket. This splitter was formed more or less on Rennlist and someone finally came up with the goods after many people had promised and failed. Also many people had issues with other products in the past. CPR came up with a quick and cheap costing item that works. If you want injection molded wind tunnel tested products, I'm sure he could accommodate you too. Be prepared to pay more though.

Point 2) We used the V3 today at the track. Shared the car with Evil 944t (so car in 2 sessions each time, not 1) and the splitter held up just fine. We put two of the supports in the splitter and attached them to the front beside where the license plate goes. No issues except trying to get in and out of my driveway! It worked well and feels like there is some effect on the track. For the price that we paid I'm more than happy. If I wanted something super cutting edge factory I guess I might buy that.....oh, what's that, there's nothing like that available for our cars??? Hmm......
Old 03-25-2009, 08:48 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

I think we have had enough of your courtecy and independency already..
Ryan,
there is nothing wrong to be proud of your own country and it's history. I suppose also you are proud what happend over there in 4th July 1776. (btw i was in Los Angeles july 4th 1976 when you have great 200 years party ) .
Must put here couple of pictures taken in Los Angeles July 4th 1976.First one a parade in Disney Land, the second one is me going to swim in Laguna Beach,CA

For the us Finns that day is December 6th 1917. Another important thing is so called winter war when over 200 million population Soviet Russia tried to take our independence. After all during that time our population was about 4 million inhabitants. Altough we lost the war, Russian found out they won't get this country easily. Finland lost 80000 men/women, but russian over 200000. They were not familar how to fight during winter. Russian used quite a lot soldiers from souther parts of the russia, which explains partly their great losses. Also they had little educated officers left, since Stalin had murdered great deal of high rank officers during the late '30's.
We just celebrated the end of Winter war week ago friday. I suppose we managed quite well after all, we stayed independent, we avoid what happend to Estonia,Lithuania,Latvia,Poland,Czechoslovakia,Hungary,Bulgaria,Romania, Alabania,Jugoslavia,East-Germany,etc.etc. I suppose nothing wrong to be proud if you managed to avoid communist system and have multiparty democracy. I suppose most americans can agree with that. We are also proud we managed to pay back our war debts to USA. Ask your older relatives which was the only country who did that
USA gave so called Marshall help to the most european countries after WWII. We didn't took that, we tried to manage without it, as we did. It took long to build our sociaty what it is today, but it was worth of it. We can be measured by all possible indicators and we are close top of the world. I am proud to be a citzicen of this country.
Although we were against russians mostly by ourselves, we did get finacial/material help from Germany,Sweden,UK,France & USA and we still are grateful for that.
History is very intresting, we all should study it, learn from mistakes and try to make this planet better place.

Last edited by Olli Snellman; 03-25-2009 at 09:09 AM.

Quick Reply: CPRacing: V3 Splitter/PICS....