Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Last friendly chance for Shawn Morrison

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 09:40 PM
theykallmekem
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i want to hear what happened >_>
Old 04-29-2009, 10:40 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by theykallmekem
i want to hear what happened >_>

Whatever it is it's between Shawn and Joska. Posting innuendo and veiled threats here is really scraping the bottom of the barrel. If someone has a bitch take to court. I've bought parts and gotten tech help from Shawn for years now and he's a stand-up guy. I can't imagine him misrepresenting anything on that car as it was a perfect 10. I guess we'll get the whole story tomorrow like it or not.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:48 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

I did business with Shawn, I bought wheels from him and he was OK. I'd love to hear the story on this.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:25 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by KuHL 951
Whatever it is it's between Shawn and Joska. Posting innuendo and veiled threats here is really scraping the bottom of the barrel. If someone has a bitch take to court. I've bought parts and gotten tech help from Shawn for years now and he's a stand-up guy. I can't imagine him misrepresenting anything on that car as it was a perfect 10. I guess we'll get the whole story tomorrow like it or not.
I dunno about it being a perfect 10, I coulda sworn I saw some dirt in the tire treads in the pics in the Excellence write up... but I might have been wrong...

Beautiful car, I hope this gets worked out...
Old 04-30-2009, 12:07 AM
jonnybgood
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KuHL 951
I've bought parts and gotten tech help from Shawn for years now and he's a stand-up guy. I can't imagine him misrepresenting...
A couple years ago I bought a POS S2 transmission from him, full price $750. It took me a few months to make the swap. The 2nd gear synchro was trash. He did tell me at the time of sale "that it was a little hard getting into second occasionally". Occasionally my ***. I had to double clutch every shift. I called him back later and tried to get him to take it back but too much time had passed. I should have walked away from the sale when he said that about the hard to shift.

I have a different perspective and know that he has the capacity to misrepresent for the sake of the sale.

I almost bombed on his for sale thread with the above experience. Perhaps I should have.

Anyway, I am rooting for Joska on this one!
Old 04-30-2009, 12:23 AM
VOoDOoGTX
Drifting

buying parts off rennlist is sketchy at times even from people that seem too be good guys. i bought a 951 block off one guy and the car never even started before i had a cracked cylinder wall and a ruined head. PMed the guy to tell him the block he sold me for mint (850$ mint) cost me over 300$ in head work and i had to buy a whole new engine. If he offered to give me half back i would have said no but he didnt offer nathin. some people have no ethics.

this guy on the other hand i have no idea about haha
Old 04-30-2009, 12:34 AM
jonnybgood
Burning Brakes

My initial contact with him was through craigslist, not Rennlist, but yeah I also bought a set of wheels from somebody else here and one of the wheels was bent. You and I are talking about less than a thousand. He was asking $29k for this car. Kind of ups the ante a bit!
Old 04-30-2009, 01:31 AM
Andy1212
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VOoDOoGTX
buying parts off rennlist is sketchy at times even from people that seem too be good guys. i bought a 951 block off one guy and the car never even started before i had a cracked cylinder wall and a ruined head. PMed the guy to tell him the block he sold me for mint (850$ mint) cost me over 300$ in head work and i had to buy a whole new engine. If he offered to give me half back i would have said no but he didnt offer nathin. some people have no ethics.

this guy on the other hand i have no idea about haha
Wow dude... Really? Ethics? I have seen nothing from you but **** slinging posts about how everyone and everything here sucks. Bring something useful here for once. And how in any way is it the sellers fault that you blew up your block? You bought it, its your responsibility to decide whether or not it is adequate to use.

I have made MANY transactions through rennlist, and i have never once had an experience short of steller. The people here are phenomenal, and whatever the OP's issue may be, i find it pretty sad when members are talking about there negative experiences with members publicly. Come on guys, its a private issue, lets keep it private.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:43 AM
Daily944
Racer

Originally Posted by Andy1212
Wow dude... Really? Ethics? I have seen nothing from you but **** slinging posts about how everyone and everything here sucks.
Only thing that came to my mind when I read his post was based off of many recent low ball offers to people's for sale threads and a post from earlier this evening "So the kid cried about not getting cheap parts" : Oxymoron. My only reply is, if you want junk yard prices, you know where to go...

I have made MANY transactions through rennlist, and i have never once had an experience short of steller. The people here are phenomenal, and whatever the OP's issue may be, i find it pretty sad when members are talking about there negative experiences with members publicly. Come on guys, its a private issue, lets keep it private.
+1
I've personally had dealings with other Rennlister's as a buyer & seller, always great experiences.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:52 AM
alex
Almost Addicted
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hello Joska,

I am serious. I don't want to start this.

Really Joska? Cause it sure sounds like you want to start something.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:05 AM
Reimu
Drifting

I'm lucky I guess, all my experiences in buying from rennlisters has came off very well

Actually members are faster to ship, provide more communication, and are way more likely to "help a guy out" than any of the online stores I've bought Porsche stuff from.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:30 AM
jonnybgood
Burning Brakes

i find it pretty sad when members are talking about there negative experiences with members publicly. Come on guys, its a private issue, lets keep it private.
I mostly lurk around here anymore because I don't have the time to get involved in this type of back and forth.

I initially posted as a counter point to Steve. He has a right to speak up for BF, I have a right to state my truth as well.

I have had great experiences with other Rennlist members buying and selling parts over the years.

A prediction, this thread is headed for the Abyss.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:33 AM
Andy1212
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jonnybgood
I mostly lurk around here anymore because I don't have the time to get involved in this type of back and forth.

I initially posted as a counter point to Steve. He has a right to speak up for BF, I have a right to state my truth as well.

I have had great experiences with other Rennlist members buying and selling parts over the years.

A prediction, this thread is headed for the Abyss.
My comment wasnt directed at you, it was meant for Voodoo.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:11 AM
Joska
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys,

I bought the car. I am somehow from the East Coast, because I lived in NC for more than 3 years. I brought a 968 Club Sport to the US. This is why I know a lot the old good 968 guys. I was active at 968.net. My origin is German and I am a General Manager in a Hungarian automotive plant, returning back to Porsche Land this year.

Shawn shipped the car in absolute terrible condition. I was so upset that now, I want to return the deal. Pictures and details will follow, if he continues not to respond to me. How can someone do something like this, when he wants to sell a car as his own reputation? He is childish and not answering my phone calls since he received the money. He has even blocked my mail address.

Why I am taking this to the forum, is because I would like to solve it in person with him. I will continue the posting on this topic only, until he communicates again with me.

Does anyone see Shawn actually driving this car on the road? Due to the CarFax Report he has put on only 2k miles on the car since May 2005.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:40 AM
VOoDOoGTX
Drifting

when i low ball its because the price is ridiculous or i don't want it what so ever. Also, since you dont know me you dont know that anyone that's near me, around me, or has met me knows that i help everyone fix anything that they ask. Alot of the stuff on the forums has been gone over hundreds of time and im gonna be the rudest dude possible for some kid asking what performance upgrades are available for the 944.

The block blew after 0 seconds of running. Like i mean i put the head on and then it cracked. i inspected it, and my buddie inspected it. it looked fine to both of us. it was a hairline crack that when we put the head on again and torqued it down again it cracked it enough so when i tried to start the car is blew. Thats a bad block. not my fault. not his fault but its deffinetly somthing he should have at least offered to make right.

Also i buy a ****load of things, there is rarly a for sale thread that i havent bought somthing from and usually the deals go down smooth. but when they dont it really sucks or turns out too be the most expencive items

Wow dude... Really? Ethics? I have seen nothing from you but **** slinging posts about how everyone and everything here sucks. Bring something useful here for once. And how in any way is it the sellers fault that you blew up your block? You bought it, its your responsibility to decide whether or not it is adequate to use.

Quick Reply: Last friendly chance for Shawn Morrison