Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Last friendly chance for Shawn Morrison

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 08:41 AM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So, what makes it in so horrible condition? Was it a shipping issue? If so, maybe it's not his fault.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:53 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

This kid of crap really doesn't belong here.

If you are a member, and buy something from another member that doesn't go quite right, you should contact a moderator first. For the amount of money you are talking about here, I would recommend contacting an attorney if its really that bad of a deal.

However, "horrible condition" is sometimes in the eye of the beholder, and can mean anything from "really dirty and needs a good cleaning" to "broke dick and not as promised at all". Either way you bought a used car, that was highly modified, obviously without inspecting it first. Caveat emptor.

But dragging another members name thru the proverbial mud here is just wrong and doesn't belong on this forum. Especially the manner that you are doing it.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:04 AM
BMWM3PORSCHE944
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the details the OP is presenting are AMAZING!
Old 04-30-2009, 09:09 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by jonnybgood
I mostly lurk around here anymore because I don't have the time to get involved in this type of back and forth.

I initially posted as a counter point to Steve. He has a right to speak up for BF, I have a right to state my truth as well.

I have had great experiences with other Rennlist members buying and selling parts over the years.

A prediction, this thread is headed for the Abyss.
Let's get something straight here OK? I'm not standing up for a 'best friend' here as I've actually only met Shawn 4 times and talked maybe twice as many times when buying parts. I'm posting because this is between Joska and Shawn, not Rennlist members that have had good or bad experiences with him. I saw the car on a 500 mile Sierra run we all made on it's maiden voyage. It ran incredible but suffered numerous paint chips and a large coolant hose leak which was repaired on the spot. The paint damage was followed up by a full respray of all lower body parts. I had seen the car once since and it was back to being a 10. Unless something happened since then and in 500 miles it's hard to say what "being shipped in terrible condition" means.

Buying a car from afar without a full inspection is never a good idea no matter what the cost and always leaves the buyer at risk. Unless the car was grossly misrepresented I can't see any recourse for Joska. Maybe venting here is his last resort or he is just not happy with the car, I don't know but it's between them not us. I'm sure all the gory details will be heard today...it's just a shame that RL has been reduced to this. You can bet I won't be selling my black 951 here next month after reading all this crap. I don't need the drama of a buyer not being happy with the car and trashing me in public because they found something I missed in the description

Maybe I should pull my BMW ad BMW from the classifieds because I didn't represent the car accurately enough. All I'm saying is it isn't our business unless we were the ones involved.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:15 AM
JonH
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tifosiman
This kid of crap really doesn't belong here.

If you are a member, and buy something from another member that doesn't go quite right, you should contact a moderator first. For the amount of money you are talking about here, I would recommend contacting an attorney if its really that bad of a deal.

However, "horrible condition" is sometimes in the eye of the beholder, and can mean anything from "really dirty and needs a good cleaning" to "broke dick and not as promised at all". Either way you bought a used car, that was highly modified, obviously without inspecting it first. Caveat emptor.

But dragging another members name thru the proverbial mud here is just wrong and doesn't belong on this forum. Especially the manner that you are doing it.
amen, plus another non tech thread. Rolex?
Old 04-30-2009, 09:53 AM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Folks...

Knock it off. There is a HELL of a lot of speculation going on. Don't start something or speculate when you do not know the details.

C.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:53 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 117 Likes on 85 Posts

Good morning, and welcome to Rennlist Joska. I hope this gets worked out.

I won a charity auction to have a famous indy winning driver personally autograph a picture for me. well, instead of writing "tom, keep the shiny side up" He wrote "Keith, ....." needless to say i was very disappointed. i was upset because i wasted my hard earned money on this charity auction.

The next day I took the picture over to my coworker named keith. turns out he doesnt care about cars or me. so i then took the picture to a coworker named robert or bo for short. I told him this two time indy driver cant spell, and it really should have read bo.

the picture to keith is hanging on his office wall. he is proud of it, and glad i told him i got it for him but he mispelled bo.

the moral is you can call me ray, you can call me jay but dont call me keith or jose, OK.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:54 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonh
amen, plus another non tech thread. Rolex?

Hit the report post button and bring it to his, or Bob's, attention. Thanks~!
Old 04-30-2009, 10:09 AM
harrisonrick
Captain Obvious
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KuHL 951
Let's get something straight here OK? I'm not standing up for a 'best friend' here as I've actually only met Shawn 4 times and talked maybe twice as many times when buying parts. I'm posting because this is between Joska and Shawn, not Rennlist members that have had good or bad experiences with him. I saw the car on a 500 mile Sierra run we all made on it's maiden voyage. It ran incredible but suffered numerous paint chips and a large coolant hose leak which was repaired on the spot. The paint damage was followed up by a full respray of all lower body parts. I had seen the car once since and it was back to being a 10. Unless something happened since then and in 500 miles it's hard to say what "being shipped in terrible condition" means.

Buying a car from afar without a full inspection is never a good idea no matter what the cost and always leaves the buyer at risk. Unless the car was grossly misrepresented I can't see any recourse for Joska. Maybe venting here is his last resort or he is just not happy with the car, I don't know but it's between them not us. I'm sure all the gory details will be heard today...it's just a shame that RL has been reduced to this. You can bet I won't be selling my black 951 here next month after reading all this crap. I don't need the drama of a buyer not being happy with the car and trashing me in public because they found something I missed in the description

Maybe I should pull my BMW ad BMW from the classifieds because I didn't represent the car accurately enough. All I'm saying is it isn't our business unless we were the ones involved.
You're goddamn right Steve. I've had nothing but fair and honest trade with Pelicanites and Rennlisters from day one.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Joska
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like Shawn opened up his mail account for me again. I have still no response from him, but if I can get in contact with him today on the phone, we will work out a solution.

The forum is and was just my last chance to communicate with him, because I knew he is reading all posts. I guess also some of the members have talked with him since, so I get at least an indirect feedback from what he is thinking about the situation.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:21 AM
jonnybgood
Burning Brakes

Joska, good luck on getting this resolved.

Originally Posted by KuHL 951
. I'm posting because this is between Joska and Shawn, not Rennlist members that have had good or bad experiences with him.
That is fine Steve but you started with saying he is a stand up guy. The rest of us are voyeurs here and others have posted popcorn smilies and it really gets down to who has the most Rennlist gravitas. A longtime member of the 16v turbo club versus a 3 post noob, who do you think will win?

You say he is a stand up guy, I say not so much. At this point we are spectators and that is why I stated I am rooting for Joska!
Old 04-30-2009, 11:32 AM
Marcquito
No, not Mosquito!
Rennlist Member

Location: Gliese 581g | Monte-Carlo, Côte d’Azur, La Planète Terre

I want to see pictures of the car after shipping.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:50 AM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Chads996
Folks...

Knock it off. There is a HELL of a lot of speculation going on. Don't start something or speculate when you do not know the details.

C.
x2
Old 04-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

I heard the car was actually made out of wood and was a 1:10.5 replica.

Maybe it's the pirates' fault!
Old 04-30-2009, 12:11 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Yabo
I heard the car was actually made out of wood and was a 1:10.5 replica.

Maybe it's the pirates' fault!
Or maybe the Gulf theme monkey thrown in with the sale was overspanked?

Quick Reply: Last friendly chance for Shawn Morrison