Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

New/Used Inventory GT4, Spyder, GTS for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2024, 10:06 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,607 Likes on 2,692 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Rod
I agree with waiting. I spent a year looking at 981 and 718 Spyders. Thankfully during that year the market calmed down somewhat, but I was glad I waited for a spec I'm really happy with.

Your desired options aren't that rare. Sofas, leather dash, PDK. I'd definitely compromise on the PDLS+ and focus more on finding the other options in a color combo I liked. How often will you drive the car at night anyways?!
All of the time!
Old 02-21-2024, 10:53 AM
matt0520
Instructor

Received 178 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Acropora8
Rubber dash is a deal breaker for me. These cars come up quite often for sale. I'd wait for the spec you want.
Ditto and seems like one of those things that you just can't change. Interior trim, headlights, etc can be swapped easily. Color, seat type, transmission, rubber dash...you're married to it no matter what.
Old 02-21-2024, 11:33 AM
J-Rod
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
All of the time!
I know. Market was a bit crazy back then. I was a bit overly concerned with taking a bath on my purchase. Lesson learned!
Old 02-21-2024, 01:16 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,798 Likes on 875 Posts

How often will you drive the car at night anyways?!
In winter months it gets dark by 5:00pm so during winter it is essentially daily.

Last edited by MaddMike; 02-21-2024 at 03:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
matt0520 (02-21-2024)
Old 02-21-2024, 01:19 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,407 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
All of the time!
More importantly base headlights look awful.

View this post on Instagram
matt0520 (02-21-2024)
Old 02-21-2024, 05:56 PM
TheBucketOfTruth
Burning Brakes

Received 269 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by matt0520
Ditto and seems like one of those things that you just can't change. Interior trim, headlights, etc can be swapped easily. Color, seat type, transmission, rubber dash...you're married to it no matter what.
I feel like so many people harp on about "rubber dash," and I'm quite discerning and picky when it comes to basically almost everything in my life. That said, the difference has never bugged me at all. I'm not sure I'd even have given it much thought if not for all the discussion of it on rennlist. It's not like the standard material is hard plastic like a 996 without leather or some older American car inside. I mean maybe if I had a GTS with the Burmeister and nice leather 18 ways it might feel cheap to not have a leather dash since that's more of a luxury car, but in the GT4 it doesn't feel out of place at all. That said, I agree with the sentiment of these posts though wholeheartedly. Nobody needs one of these cars really, so wait for exactly what you want. But sometimes it's easier said than done. I knew these were going out of production and didn't want to be without a seat when the music stopped. So my decision came down to a great PTS color and buckets with CPO or I could get a new car with PCCB and PDLS, but no buckets nor PTS. Patience is a virtue, but you can't always tick every box these days whether it's with car or home buying.

Anyway, to pay the listing tax and make this on topic, Porsche Princeton posted a quite expensive CPO 2023 in Shark Blue.

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1399035
matt0520 (02-21-2024)
Old 02-21-2024, 05:57 PM
matt0520
Instructor

Originally Posted by TheBucketOfTruth
I feel like so many people harp on about "rubber dash," and I'm quite discerning and picky when it comes to basically almost everything in my life. That said, the difference has never bugged me at all. I'm not sure I'd even have given it much thought if not for all the discussion of it on rennlist. It's not like the standard material is hard plastic like a 996 without leather or some older American car inside. I mean maybe if I had a GTS with the Burmeister and nice leather 18 ways it might feel cheap to not have a leather dash since that's more of a luxury car, but in the GT4 it doesn't feel out of place at all. That said, I agree with the sentiment of these posts though wholeheartedly. Nobody needs one of these cars really, so wait for exactly what you want. But sometimes it's easier said than done. I knew these were going out of production and didn't want to be without a seat when the music stopped. So my decision came down to a great PTS color and buckets with CPO or I could get a new car with PCCB and PDLS, but no buckets nor PTS. Patience is a virtue, but you can't always tick every box these days whether it's with car or home buying.

Anyway, to pay the listing tax and make this on topic, Porsche Princeton posted a quite expensive CPO 2023 in Shark Blue.

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1399035
They had a really cool python green Spyder as well, sold in a day though. Bummer, I finally saw that color in person and it's awesome.

Good points on the dash.
Old 02-21-2024, 05:58 PM
fartrash007
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cooler2442
Wait for the spec you want but be ready to pay for it. That's just how it works in the Porsche world, perfect spec cars sell quickly and at a premium. If you want a discount/favorably pricing then settle.
Yeah this is pretty spot on with what I'm seeing. The car in question has everything but leather dash with a chance for favorable pricing. If another one pops up like it WITH leather dash, but priced at $10k more, is it really worth it at that point? No straight answers I guess.

Originally Posted by PUNKT2
I agree with the two above. I searched for many, many months for my last two purchases and it was absolutely worth the wait in the end. These are wants, not must-haves, for most of us. So why not wait for what you want, assuming it isn’t a crazy spec. And most cars have leather dashes, so you aren’t looking for a unicorn. I’d put the leather dash ahead of PDLS+ with LED, for example, and be happy with the PDLS lights.
I agree with waiting. I spent a year looking at 981 and 718 Spyders. Thankfully during that year the market calmed down somewhat, but I was glad I waited for a spec I'm really happy with.

Your desired options aren't that rare. Sofas, leather dash, PDK. I'd definitely compromise on the PDLS+ and focus more on finding the other options in a color combo I liked. How often will you drive the car at night anyways?!
I'm also only looking for python green or miami blue. Listings on autotrader are atleast $10-$15k over sticker from the dealer. Unless the car sits for 2-3 months no dealer would be motivated to move those at a reasonable price. Private party is slim pickings as well. My first Porsche and I'm finding it increasingly difficult to strike a balance between options and price. Engineer in me doesn't want to settle but I'm also not wanting to pay through the roof to get 1-2 extra options.

Last edited by fartrash007; 02-21-2024 at 05:59 PM.
matt0520 (02-21-2024)
Old 02-21-2024, 06:08 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,407 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by fartrash007
Yeah this is pretty spot on with what I'm seeing. The car in question has everything but leather dash with a chance for favorable pricing. If another one pops up like it WITH leather dash, but priced at $10k more, is it really worth it at that point? No straight answers I guess.

I'm also only looking for python green or miami blue. Listings on autotrader are atleast $10-$15k over sticker from the dealer. Unless the car sits for 2-3 months no dealer would be motivated to move those at a reasonable price. Private party is slim pickings as well. My first Porsche and I'm finding it increasingly difficult to strike a balance between options and price. Engineer in me doesn't want to settle but I'm also not wanting to pay through the roof to get 1-2 extra options.
All I'll say is that 10-15k will mean nothing to you after about 1-2 years but you wishing you had Python Green or a Leather Dash if that's what you truly want will continue to haunt you. My advice is always just pay up for the exact spec you want and not settle.
The following 5 users liked this post by cooler2442:
Clark_Kent (02-21-2024), matt0520 (02-21-2024), Mike981S (02-28-2024), rwm (02-27-2024), UncleDude (02-27-2024)
Old 02-21-2024, 06:10 PM
matt0520
Instructor

My first P car too. We're jumping right into the good stuff it seems lol
Old 02-21-2024, 06:12 PM
MOGI
Advanced

Received 105 Likes on 30 Posts

The way I decided what options were must haves were categorized as driving options vs cosmetic options. The driving option items I did not compromise (which for me, only consisted having a manual transmission) - so if I saw a PDK car, it would be out of the question. In terms of the cosmetics, the exterior color mattered, but otherwise things like leather dash, buckets vs sofas, headlights, sports chrono, etc I wasn't really picky on. I knew from my previous experiences that when I'm driving the car none of the cosmetic stuff mattered to me.

However, for some, a car is both something to drive and stare at. If you are one of those folks who enjoys admiring the car's beauty then I would say you should wait for the perfect spec, but if you're like me and care less about what it looks like vs how it drives, then get the car that's available. I also didn't think too hard about resale as I plan to keep mine a long time and I thought that getting something that's too desirable may deter me from actually driving and putting mileage on it (as every time I do, I'd be worried about dropping it's value).
Old 02-21-2024, 07:05 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,574 Likes on 2,039 Posts

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...omments-anchor

179 mile GTS Cayman manual…

Great color!

Old 02-22-2024, 08:35 AM
ADC1
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

There are some nice 718 GT4 on PCA. I think you can see them without PCA membership but you won't get contact info. This is only one.
21 GT4 Miami Blue MT
Old 02-22-2024, 07:01 PM
matt0520
Instructor

New one just popped up down the street from us in FL. $150k on a $120k sticker

https://finder.porsche.com/us/en-US/...enter-exterior
Old 02-22-2024, 07:22 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,574 Likes on 2,039 Posts