Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2021 | 08:16 PM
flatt6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
You dealer isn't happy cause the 918 client's car they can't charge a ADM on it.
perhaps, but I do think they really want to see them go to customers that will use them as opposed to going into collections.

Last edited by flatt6; 12-10-2021 at 08:23 PM.
Old 12-11-2021 | 12:24 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

I am the one that rely that news. 200 cars for Canada one the 2 year production period.

Traditionally USA gets 10x the number of Canada, which puts US allocations at 2000 cars over 2 years.

Out of the initial '300' 918 VIPs, well they didn't start off with 300 in the first place. Many have bought multiple 918s so the actual number was closer to 280. Of those many have since sold their cars. They needed to hold onto the 918 for 3 years to get the full 10 years of VIP program. Also, some have been kicked out because of abuse. The total 'VIPs' number dramatically drops to below 200. I believe at last count the program only have ~160 customers left, closer to 150 than 160.

Per the VIP program, each 918 VIP is entitled to one car per model. For limited number cars it goes by seniority, as in how early they had ordered the 918. While PCNA is servicing the 918 VIPs first, it only amounts to ~150 cars. small fraction of the total production. Those should be quickly settled soon and the allocations will flow to dealers to be handed out.
Thank you for being the voice of reason, so many people are in panic mode just because allocations haven't been doled out to US dealers yet. I also expect about 2,000 GT4RSs in the 2+ years or production so that means folks like me with a good dealer relationship should get a car sometime next year. I'll wait patiently for my turn just like I waited for my turn for the 992 Touring.
The following 2 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
Airbag997 (12-12-2021), phefner (12-11-2021)
Old 12-11-2021 | 12:26 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

So that would mean no regular 718s...Ho Ho Ho, I don't think so.
Old 12-11-2021 | 12:41 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

^the 718 number is very low for 2022 as is 992. Out of that will come 4RS to land as Whoopsy says, for Canada anyway.
Old 12-11-2021 | 03:46 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flatt6
perhaps, but I do think they really want to see them go to customers that will use them as opposed to going into collections.
Which is why PCNA took control instead of having the dealers do their ADM games and what nots.

Face it, if the dealers are doing the allocations instead of PCNA, it would just goes to the highest bidders who will flip them for even more. Or some 'collectors' that just going to buy something and park it. Neither have any intention to actually drive the cars.

Of the 860 or so original 918 owners, I have met or known or have contact with ~270 of them. Outside of Porsche itself, no one else have more contacts with 918 owners. I can safely say among the 270 that I have made contact, from Canada to USA to Mexico to Europe to Japan to Taiwan to China, only 10 or so do not drive their cars and just buy and park them. Yo would be surprised by how much a typical 918 owner drive their cars. Or how HARD they drive their cars. My own 918 has ~24,000km on it and I also cracked 300km/hr somewhere here in North America, did over 1000km track miles on my track, Area 27, did round trips from Vancouver to Vegas, LA to SF also, and as you can see from my profile pic, I took my GT2RS on the Nurburgring Ring during European Delivery, on top of a 2800km road trip. My Exclusive? It spent 4 months in Europe racking up 3000km. I also took my 911R on a European delivery in winter, drove from Leipzig to Maranello to visit Ferrari and back to Stuttgart, put on 2500km in winter condition. It's super insulting for you to think 918 owners aren't car guys. If you think every 918 owner is like Manny Khoshbin, a poser, you are very wrong.

918 VIPs aren't the bad guys. They are mostly the car guys that Porsche wanted. Your dealer and just about every other dealers are the bad guys. They only see their profit and not how they build relationships.

I have known and see plenty US dealer principals. Good ones I can count on one hand. Porsche Fresno is one, CJ is a dear friend, and he is active here in the forum also. Porsche Santa Barbara would be another that I know is run by a decent human being. A pity they are on the small side and do't get enough allocations.

You dealer mostly isn't your friend. He/she/they/it is just someone that just want your money, and more on top. It's how they stay in business.

Last edited by Whoopsy; 12-11-2021 at 04:13 AM.
The following 7 users liked this post by Whoopsy:
alaing51 (12-15-2021), jmartpr (12-11-2021), Knutsm01 (12-11-2021), Mike981S (01-18-2024), snake-gu (12-14-2021), SToronto (12-17-2021), very green R (02-21-2022) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-11-2021 | 07:40 AM
flatt6
Rennlist Member

Which is why PCNA took control instead of having the dealers do their ADM games and what nots.

Face it, if the dealers are doing the allocations instead of PCNA, it would just goes to the highest bidders who will flip them for even more. Or some 'collectors' that just going to buy something and park it. Neither have any intention to actually drive the cars.

Of the 860 or so original 918 owners, I have met or known or have contact with ~270 of them. Outside of Porsche itself, no one else have more contacts with 918 owners. I can safely say among the 270 that I have made contact, from Canada to USA to Mexico to Europe to Japan to Taiwan to China, only 10 or so do not drive their cars and just buy and park them. Yo would be surprised by how much a typical 918 owner drive their cars. Or how HARD they drive their cars. My own 918 has ~24,000km on it and I also cracked 300km/hr somewhere here in North America, did over 1000km track miles on my track, Area 27, did round trips from Vancouver to Vegas, LA to SF also, and as you can see from my profile pic, I took my GT2RS on the Nurburgring Ring during European Delivery, on top of a 2800km road trip. My Exclusive? It spent 4 months in Europe racking up 3000km. I also took my 911R on a European delivery in winter, drove from Leipzig to Maranello to visit Ferrari and back to Stuttgart, put on 2500km in winter condition. It's super insulting for you to think 918 owners aren't car guys. If you think every 918 owner is like Manny Khoshbin, a poser, you are very wrong.

918 VIPs aren't the bad guys. They are mostly the car guys that Porsche wanted. Your dealer and just about every other dealers are the bad guys. They only see their profit and not how they build relationships.

I have known and see plenty US dealer principals. Good ones I can count on one hand. Porsche Fresno is one, CJ is a dear friend, and he is active here in the forum also. Porsche Santa Barbara would be another that I know is run by a decent human being. A pity they are on the small side and do't get enough allocations.

You dealer mostly isn't your friend. He/she/they/it is just someone that just want your money, and more on top. It's how they stay in business.
I wasn’t personally attacking anyone. It’s a generalization shared by many including the dealer. Just like the generalization that dealers will only sell to the highest bidder and aren’t your friend. You definitely don’t know mine, they have never charged me ADM and only sell to local customers.

Old 12-11-2021 | 09:23 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flatt6
I wasn’t personally attacking anyone. It’s a generalization shared by many including the dealer. Just like the generalization that dealers will only sell to the highest bidder and aren’t your friend. You definitely don’t know mine, they have never charged me ADM and only sell to local customers.
Of course dealers wanted to blame the 918 VIPs, they been doing that since 2016. Nothing new.

Quite a few are happy they bought a 918 just so they don't have the play games with dealers on allocations.

Dealers still get credits for selling the VIP allocations, but they don't have a say on who they want the allocations to go to.

Your dealer is one of the few that's a good one then.
Old 12-12-2021 | 01:01 AM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

My selling dealers reached into their pool of VIPs to get me early 981 and 982 GT4 allocations at MSRP. The VIPs said okay, give mine to the little guy twice!!

So…VIP program isn’t all bad 🙂
Old 12-12-2021 | 02:30 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

The problem is that the majority of US dealers are now owned by larger corporations like Auto Nation, Sonic, Penske, etc. who don't value you relationships but then there are non corporate owned store like Gaudin, Walters, Rusnak, etc that are just as bad. You are right there are probably a few dozen US dealers that actually value a relationship over short term ADMs and I'm happy that I have a relationship with one.
The following 2 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
Dr.Bill (12-15-2021), Mike981S (01-18-2024)
Old 12-12-2021 | 12:58 PM
steve0827
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
The problem is that the majority of US dealers are now owned by larger corporations like Auto Nation, Sonic, Penske, etc. who don't value you relationships but then there are non corporate owned store like Gaudin, Walters, Rusnak, etc that are just as bad. You are right there are probably a few dozen US dealers that actually value a relationship over short term ADMs and I'm happy that I have a relationship with one.
Maybe the large corporate stores you've worked with...but the one I've worked with deeply appreciates their clients and close relationships (referrals, repeat business, etc.). I don't want to blow up their spot - but they've been great to myself and the other enthusiasts in the area. So much so that I've even sent my own mother to buy cars from them
Old 12-12-2021 | 03:30 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Blah blah blah ADM, blah blah blah dealers bad, blah blah blah loyalty blah blah blah…

Except, on Rennlist, replace blah, blah, blah with whine, whine, whine…

Can we make like the GT3 forum and just dump all ADM threads into a single thread and make it a sticky, so all the whiners can commiserate there?
The following users liked this post:
ZaGT4 (12-15-2021)
Old 12-12-2021 | 05:09 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

To be fair, these posts (at least lately) are more about availability of allocations and not so much on ADM. But true it’s a close cousin.
Old 12-14-2021 | 11:54 AM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

Just got a call from a dealer for a GT4RS allocation at $150K over MSRP. I had to chuckle a bit, but he said only 200 cars for the US which would be very surprising if there is that few.
The following users liked this post:
porscheflat6 (12-16-2021)
Old 12-14-2021 | 12:10 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by electron mike
Just got a call from a dealer for a GT4RS allocation at $150K over MSRP. I had to chuckle a bit, but he said only 200 cars for the US which would be very surprising if there is that few.
That is...remarkable. lol
Old 12-14-2021 | 12:27 PM
thuggo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Adrift
That is...remarkable. lol
I mean....I don't believe this dealer at all. 200? They made more GT4 Clubsports in 2016 than that, there's no way I only believe 200 are coming to the US for 2022. If that were the case I don't think a single dealer would get a allocation it would all be done by PCNA.

Quick Reply: GT4 RS Allocation Thread