Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2021, 02:02 PM
steve0827
Burning Brakes

Received 146 Likes on 79 Posts

My dealer submitted my build and provided me with the build sheet form. V070 as of Wednesday.
Old 11-19-2021, 02:13 PM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 564 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.JDK
I just want to bump up this thread since it is after the reveal of the GT4 RS. Has anyone got a confirmed allocation or a promised build slot?
I have received an update from a dealer I work with, they stated that the bid for the first GT4 RS slot has gone over 150K (location: PNW).
Which PNW dealer is asking for 150k ADM (Bellevue?)? I'm #9 at Bellingham at MSRP. Not in a hurry, would prefer to know if Spyder RS is real before I commit to GT4RS.
Old 11-21-2021, 04:05 PM
Mojonito
Burning Brakes

Received 473 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.JDK
I just want to bump up this thread since it is after the reveal of the GT4 RS. Has anyone got a confirmed allocation or a promised build slot?
I have received an update from a dealer I work with, they stated that the bid for the first GT4 RS slot has gone over 150K (location: PNW).

I have noticed another very interesting phenomenon that the GT4 RS gained a lot more interest in the US over the 992 GT3 (my observation). Whilst in China, 992 GT3 is not sold but Porsche China premiered the GT4 RS on 11/17/2021. The Chinese market did not react as crazy as the US because many people think that the 718 in general (regardless it's GT4 RS, starting from ¥ 1,578,000, about 247k USD) is the "lesser" car and would rather have a base Carerra (starting from ¥ 1,278,000, about 200k USD).

So I went ahead and got the first slot for the GT4 RS from the biggest dealer at MSRP. I may fly back to Shanghai several times a year just for track days lol.
i am told I have the number one spot at my dealer but the allocations are not yet available. Whatever that is worth.
Old 11-21-2021, 05:06 PM
IPSA
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 102 Posts

All true allocations may be done for the year across the Porsche brand . That means there may be no true allocations for anyone until early next year. Q4 allocations done some time ago. Very few Cayman allocations were given probably to prep for GT4 RS demand.

Patience young Master... the Force will be strong with this one...

Happy Holidays.

PS saw Santa at Joes Stone Crab bulking up for his endurance event.
Old 11-24-2021, 01:28 AM
911Joel
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by steve0827
My dealer submitted my build and provided me with the build sheet form. V070 as of Wednesday.
Did your build sheet have a commission number? I submitted mine to the dealer last week and was told I was #2 on the list. I was trying to read about codes and saw something that said if you have a commission number that there’s an allocation.
Old 11-24-2021, 01:49 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 977 Likes on 365 Posts

Sub'd
Old 11-24-2021, 10:15 AM
Steve’s Cars
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Allocation verification

If you have an allocation you get a email within a few weeks and you can track your build

if you don't you probably do not have an allocation

Old 11-24-2021, 10:19 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

If you get an allocation your SA should be able to give you the commission# immediately.
Old 11-24-2021, 10:36 AM
JohnC4S
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 95 Posts

As soon as you get an allocation and commission number you will get get email to a link for your build status. If not you are still on the wait list

John

Old 11-24-2021, 04:54 PM
steve0827
Burning Brakes

My build sheet does have a commission number - and has had one since 11/17/2021. However, I haven't received an email with tracking info. I can just ask my dealer when I see them later this week.
Old 11-24-2021, 04:58 PM
thuggo
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 227 Posts

My build sheet does have a commission number - and has had one since 11/17/2021. However, I haven't received an email with tracking info. I can just ask my dealer when I see them later this week.
Still sounds like the Dealer is bull****ting you honestly. Zero reports of any other allocations going out yet for the car.
Old 11-24-2021, 05:32 PM
steve0827
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by thuggo
Still sounds like the Dealer is bull****ting you honestly. Zero reports of any other allocations going out yet for the car.
They never told me allocations went out nor do I believe allocations have been released yet. I don't think the commission number means anything other than it being a real submitted order (which does not necessarily mean there is an allocation for such order). I have a great relationship with my dealer and trust them - they told me they wanted to submit my build ASAP before allocations are released. So we did...I'll share any updates I receive.
Old 11-24-2021, 05:52 PM
Dr.JDK
Instructor

Received 192 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by thuggo
They never told me allocations went out nor do I believe allocations have been released yet. I don't think the commission number means anything other than it being a real submitted order (which does not necessarily mean there is an allocation for such order). I have a great relationship with my dealer and trust them - they told me they wanted to submit my build ASAP before allocations are released. So we did...I'll share any updates I receive.
A commission number with V070 status only means that they have created an order demand for you. This does not suggest that you will have an allocation. Usually with V200 and a commission number will guarantee a Pcar for you. Things are a little different for PTS tho. I have an allocation of an April build GT3 and I went for PTS on that one, my order status is and will stay at V100 until PAG confirms the color (then it will change to V215).
Old 11-24-2021, 07:35 PM
ausgang
Racer

Received 386 Likes on 161 Posts

You are absolutely right. I think the loose use of terminology on RL here makes it more confusing for guys like you who ask good questions:

A commission number is generated for a customer demand order and has nothing to do with "allocations". When you fill out the spec for a customer demand order you are at status V070 and you will have a commission number. At this point all it means is that the dealer has informed PCNA that they have a named and willing customer for a build --- should one be awarded to the dealer.

IF/WHEN your dealer is awarded a production build spot for the type of vehicle you wish to purchase, then THEY (the dealer) have been granted an allocation. We, as consumer's do not technically get allocations. If we are lucky, our dealer contacts us to inform us that they are going to use the allocation they received to build our car. If you give them the 'thumbs up' -- then your build gets upgraded to V200 -- scheduled for production.

In effect, the dealer assigned their allocation to your customer demand order. If they wished to they could have skipped over you and ten other guys and used their allocation to build a car for some rock star, the GM's new girlfriend, or some guy willing to pay a huge ADM (in markets where that is legal). They could also trade the allocation with another dealer to get a build spot they want for someone else -- who doesn't want the same vehicle type you do.

What we all wish for is that big step from "on the list" or "V070" to being informed by the dealer that they have received an allocation for your vehicle type that they are willing to assign to you. That's when the fireworks should be set off!

The following users liked this post:
2020Spyder (12-06-2021)
Old 11-25-2021, 01:06 AM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,111 Likes on 672 Posts

I call BS...YOu are probably also paying MSRP!

Quick Reply: GT4 RS Allocation Thread