Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 01:05 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Received 819 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by D1coach
I checked with my SA at Porsche North Houston about the status of my 2022 CGTS currently residing at the Port of Houston. He said that all of the cars destined for his dealership now at the port are delayed due to a chip shortages that impact the operation of the tire pressure monitor system. New ETA is late September.
Thanks!!! I am a Porsche North Houstoner too. My car is sitting there....waiting!
Old 08-30-2021, 01:06 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,489 Likes on 1,277 Posts

Ouch, that sucks. Sympathies. I can’t decide if my distant delivery date is a good thing (shortages could clear up), or just provides that many more opportunities for delays to accumulate.

Last edited by Adrift; 08-30-2021 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-30-2021, 01:54 PM
Der Tgr
Rennlist Member

Received 306 Likes on 144 Posts

Just checked in with my SA - Mine still showing at port - it has not yet entered the PDI yet.....
Old 08-30-2021, 04:54 PM
Alpha Ice
Burning Brakes

Received 458 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by Bartleby7334
I'm a bit late on this, I was in Denver for the past few days, I managed to spot both a GT4 and a Spyder racing around in my rental...I felt funny flashing my lights at them I was able to hear the Spyder before seeing it come up behind me....it was quite impressive!

I also went with the Chalk interior on my GB Cayman, but did the painted blue accents on the trim pieces. I'm happy to see someone else picking the color too, it will be rare, but should look lovely!
Old 08-30-2021, 08:31 PM
FourFourTwo
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by D1coach
I checked with my SA at Porsche North Houston about the status of my 2022 CGTS currently residing at the Port of Houston. He said that all of the cars destined for his dealership now at the port are delayed due to a chip shortages that impact the operation of the tire pressure monitor system. New ETA is late September.
My 2022 Spyder went V300 on 7/26. My SA at Porsche Beachwood also mentioned the car was flagged with the TPMS issue. Also, apparently some cars are being shipped with only one key fob with the second key being shipped to US later when available.
The following users liked this post:
halfmonkey (08-30-2021)
Old 08-30-2021, 09:54 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 359 Posts

It’s alive! After spending an unusually long five and a half weeks in the factory (although with three of those during their vacation), my GT4 has been successfully birthed and should be in Emden soon. Hopefully it got all its fingers and toes (TPMS etc) during that long wait and will come fairly straight home once it gets to Houston. I still have yet to see Shark Blue in person so I hope it will call to me as much as I think it will.

Last edited by StormRune; 08-30-2021 at 11:57 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by StormRune:
Dan Nagy (08-31-2021), dichael (08-31-2021), flynlo (08-30-2021), halfmonkey (08-30-2021), Porsche2014 (08-31-2021)
Old 08-30-2021, 10:23 PM
Delta-j
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleDude
I will be exiting the waiting room with grace and dignity, at 1:00 tomorrow.

I'm a little late replying and by now you are already a weekend into your new ride! Congrats! And thanks for your help in my quest for my own CGTS4. Mine will still be a long time waiting. Looking forward to pics of yours and maybe even spotting you around town!
P-car-Vancouver (08-31-2021)
Old 08-30-2021, 11:55 PM
Blainerunner
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

My feeling about ADM for something like a GT3 is that the GT3 is already underpriced as compared with comparable cars (720S, Aventador, 488). the GT3 and the GT3 RS are every bit as great as a Ferrari, McLaren, or Lamborghini costing 400k. Compared with other cars, a new GT3 for under $200k is a bargain, because it's way more car than a Huracan, 570S, or R8. A GT3 RS will destroy almost any car under a million dollars. For tracking, there's no car under a million I'd take over a GT3 RS.

Last edited by Blainerunner; 08-30-2021 at 11:58 PM.
Old 08-31-2021, 12:03 AM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Blainerunner
My feeling about ADM for something like a GT3 is that the GT3 is already underpriced as compared with comparable cars (720S, Aventador, 488). the GT3 and the GT3 RS are every bit as great as a Ferrari, McLaren, or Lamborghini costing 400k. Compared with other cars, a new GT3 for under $200k is a bargain, because it's way more car than a Huracan, 570S, or R8. A GT3 RS will destroy almost any car under a million dollars. For tracking, there's no car under a million I'd take over a GT3 RS.
You on the right thread....or maybe I am too lazy to see that context of where this came from.
StormRune (08-31-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 12:31 PM
superc
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My V250 for a GT4 was last Friday (08/27), but having checked with my SA, this morning it is still showing as the V250 expected for last Friday but has not changed to actual. My V260 expected is still for this coming Friday (09/03) but seeing as the specification has not been fixed I am not holding out much hope of it actually happening this week. I would have thought if the V250 failed to be achieved then all subsequent dates would move but that does not appear to have happened. Does anyone know if the system only gets updated on set days or has anyone experienced the V250 not going to an 'actual' date and the car going to the factory to be built? My SA said it could still go to the factory on Friday but I am not so sure .

I have been waiting a while for this car, I originally put my letter of intent for a car back in March 2017 when I ordered my last Cayman S. I finally got my allocation in April/May 2021. So this whole process has been a long one and just really want to get into the car now .
Old 08-31-2021, 01:49 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,642 Likes on 2,071 Posts

Originally Posted by superc
My V250 for a GT4 was last Friday (08/27), but having checked with my SA, this morning it is still showing as the V250 expected for last Friday but has not changed to actual. My V260 expected is still for this coming Friday (09/03) but seeing as the specification has not been fixed I am not holding out much hope of it actually happening this week. I would have thought if the V250 failed to be achieved then all subsequent dates would move but that does not appear to have happened. Does anyone know if the system only gets updated on set days or has anyone experienced the V250 not going to an 'actual' date and the car going to the factory to be built? My SA said it could still go to the factory on Friday but I am not so sure .

I have been waiting a while for this car, I originally put my letter of intent for a car back in March 2017 when I ordered my last Cayman S. I finally got my allocation in April/May 2021. So this whole process has been a long one and just really want to get into the car now .
I wouldn’t worry about tracking V dates so closely. If you look they’re all tagged to Friday. System updates on Friday IIRC.

It’s certainly not real time.
The following 2 users liked this post by TXshaggy:
StormRune (08-31-2021), superc (09-01-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 01:50 PM
Unstock
Pro

Received 499 Likes on 210 Posts

My order for a 2022 Spyder is put in as of today. I will be paying over MSRP for my Spyder but I’m more then fine with that to have my dream car. It will be spec’d exactly how I want it, Shark Blue, bucket seats etc. I was told the delivery date could be as early as 11-26-21. I will have a commission # this afternoon. Backstory, I was on a allocation list for over 5 months and didn’t hear anything from them. When I spoke with my SA he said they haven’t received and allocations and he wasn’t sure if/when they would receive more. I asked him where exactly I was on the list and he didn’t have that info for me. He also said he thinks I should check other dealers, so I did and was able to get a build locked in within 1 day for a 2022 Spyder. Moral of the story if your really want a car and are willing to pay over MSRP you might get lucky like me. I wanted to get this Spyder before they stopped production for another 5 years or whatever or when they go full electric if they make another Spyder in the future.
StormRune (08-31-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 02:05 PM
flynlo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Unstock
My order for a 2022 Spyder is put in as of today. I will be paying over MSRP for my Spyder but I’m more then fine with that to have my dream car. It will be spec’d exactly how I want it, Shark Blue, bucket seats etc. I was told the delivery date could be as early as 11-26-21. I will have a commission # this afternoon. Backstory, I was on a allocation list for over 5 months and didn’t hear anything from them. When I spoke with my SA he said they haven’t received and allocations and he wasn’t sure if/when they would receive more. I asked him where exactly I was on the list and he didn’t have that info for me. He also said he thinks I should check other dealers, so I did and was able to get a build locked in within 1 day for a 2022 Spyder. Moral of the story if your really want a car and are willing to pay over MSRP you might get lucky like me. I wanted to get this Spyder before they stopped production for another 5 years or whatever or when they go full electric if they make another Spyder in the future.
Good for you!!! And good luck going forward. I hope you didn't pay too much but obviously it was within your limits and that is all that matters. Gonna be a lot of Shark Blue out there!
Unstock (08-31-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 03:13 PM
GT4 Shark Blue
Advanced

Received 85 Likes on 30 Posts

Your final point about the fact that cars like these will soon be a thing of the past is exactly why I am thrilled to get my order in now too. I hope I live long enough for this car to be considered a classic. I’ll be one of those old guys sitting in a lawn chair explaining why I still love this car. GT4 Shark Blue due in December.
The following 2 users liked this post by GT4 Shark Blue:
Dan Nagy (08-31-2021), Unstock (08-31-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 03:30 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,489 Likes on 1,277 Posts

Interesting. I wonder if this allocation has been in someone’s back pocket for a while. My build, which got assigned in late July, doesn’t deliver until Feb. Whether there are any *new* allocations is of great interest. The fact it was ADM and immediately available suggests it isn’t newly released.

So still no new builds released (that reported here). Hmmm.

Last edited by Adrift; 08-31-2021 at 03:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...