Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2021 | 12:31 PM
243R
6th Gear

I am getting ready to put a deposit on an allocation for a GTS/GT4, this thread has been super helpful - thank you all
The following users liked this post:
YetiMan (07-30-2021)
Old 07-30-2021 | 12:55 PM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Originally Posted by 243R
I am getting ready to put a deposit on an allocation for a GTS/GT4, this thread has been super helpful - thank you all
Welcome here! Do it ASAP if you are serious. Allocations are few and far between!
UncleDude (07-30-2021)
Old 07-30-2021 | 12:58 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by P-car-Vancouver
Welcome here! Do it ASAP if you are serious. Allocations are few and far between!
They are, the 4 cylinder used GTS models are selling above my msrp cost in my market.
243R (07-30-2021)
Old 07-30-2021 | 01:04 PM
243R
6th Gear

Absolutely, I've been through two dealers locally so far and wouldn't trust them to wash my car, much less sell me one. Going through my local network of friends, I think we have a few good contacts. Might end up buying out of colorado.
Old 07-30-2021 | 01:15 PM
Z06jerry
Pro

Originally Posted by flynlo
When did yours go into the body shop?
entered 07/14, exited 07/22.

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
When does the car show up here? What V number?
should hit port of Halifax mid August, my Garage? who knows

Last edited by Z06jerry; 07-30-2021 at 05:28 PM.
243R (07-30-2021)
Old 07-31-2021 | 03:11 PM
Delta-j
Rennlist Member

Just my thoughts as I wait, frustrated....
I put a $2000 deposit down to get on the list for a CGTS4 in April 2021 and was told I would get an allocation in the summer. I saw here where others got an allocation in July, so I had my hopes up. So far all I've got is a receipt for my deposit. I've heard nothing since April, which is a little disappointing. I figured when I'm fixing to spend $113,000 on a car, they'd be more, you know, talky. Maybe I'm chump change compared to other Porschees.

Meanwhile, what to do with my Macan S is still a question mark! I bought it at a different dealer (Kelowna - out of town). I obviously don't have much bargaining power for its trade value, given the waiting list, but I'd love to lower the exorbitant taxes on the new car purchase (if it ever happens!).
Old 07-31-2021 | 03:15 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Delta-j
I put a $2000 deposit down to get on the list for a CGTS4 in April 2021 and was told I would get an allocation in the summer. I saw here where others got an allocation in July, so I had my hopes up. So far all I've got is a receipt for my deposit. I've heard nothing since April, which is a little disappointing. I figured when I'm fixing to spend $113,000 on a car, they'd be more, you know, talky. Maybe I'm chump change compared to other Porschees.

Meanwhile, what to do with my Macan S is still a question mark! I bought it at a different dealer (Kelowna - out of town). I obviously don't have much bargaining power for its trade value, given the waiting list, but I'd love to lower the exorbitant taxes on the new car purchase (if it ever happens!).
Which dealer? Used car market is hot right now, maybe you can get their attention with an early trade (good for your tax burden and good for them because low inventory). That might help you climb the allocation list, and my suspicion, around here at least, is that you have to keep in regular contact with them. They don’t need to work hard for sales, so you need to work harder to make it happen. It sounds backwards, but it has been my experience.
The following 4 users liked this post by UncleDude:
Alpha Ice (08-02-2021), Delta-j (07-31-2021), flynlo (08-01-2021), P-car-Vancouver (07-31-2021)
Old 07-31-2021 | 03:32 PM
Delta-j
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Which dealer? Used car market is hot right now, maybe you can get their attention with an early trade (good for your tax burden and good for them because low inventory). That might help you climb the allocation list, and my suspicion, around here at least, is that you have to keep in regular contact with them. They don’t need to work hard for sales, so you need to work harder to make it happen. It sounds backwards, but it has been my experience.
My deposit is with the Langley dealer, although I may contact my Macan sales guy at the Kelowna dealership now too. I get my Macan serviced in Langely (I'm in Delta), but that sales guy likely doesn't know I have one. You're right, and I should work this up a bit.
Old 07-31-2021 | 03:34 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

My deposit is with the Langley dealer, although I may contact my Macan sales guy at the Kelowna dealership now too. I get my Macan serviced in Langely (I'm in Delta), but that sales guy likely doesn't know I have one. You're right, and I should work this up a bit.
You really should! You might have a bit more leverage than you think. PM me and we can talk sales guys there, I’m there as well.

Randy
The following 2 users liked this post by UncleDude:
Delta-j (07-31-2021), P-car-Vancouver (07-31-2021)
Old 07-31-2021 | 03:35 PM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

This is normal. I put a deposit with my demand order (V070) in November 2020 and only got an allocation V200) in March 2021 for a June build. I agree with Uncledude the used market is very hot, so an early trade will be worth looking at. It will be worth talking to all the dealers in the area as well. I’m dealing with
Porsche Centre Vancouver. There is also a new small dealer in Richmond. You can also PM me for the name of my sales guy.

Last edited by P-car-Vancouver; 07-31-2021 at 03:38 PM.
Delta-j (07-31-2021)
Old 07-31-2021 | 03:37 PM
243R
6th Gear

Originally Posted by UncleDude
I've had the same experience, you have to beat people's door down sometimes , otherwise they won't give you the time of day.
The following 2 users liked this post by 243R:
Delta-j (07-31-2021), P-car-Vancouver (07-31-2021)
Old 07-31-2021 | 03:55 PM
Delta-j
Rennlist Member

This is normal. I put a deposit with my demand order (V070) in November 2020 and only got an allocation V200) in March 2021 for a June build. I agree with Uncledude the used market is very hot, so an early trade will be worth looking at. It will be worth talking to all the dealers in the area as well. I’m dealing with
Porsche Centre Vancouver. There is also a new small dealer in Richmond. You can also PM me for the name of my sales guy.
Nobody explained a "demand order" to me. All I have is a plain uncoded receipt.
Old 07-31-2021 | 03:57 PM
Delta-j
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 243R
I've had the same experience, you have to beat people's door down sometimes , otherwise they won't give you the time of day.
I'm going to follow up with him today and dangle my Macan S at him. Thanks!
243R (07-31-2021)
Old 07-31-2021 | 04:06 PM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Nobody explained a "demand order" to me. All I have is a plain uncoded receipt.
When you put an order with deposit you should be at V070 status. Your receipt should have a commission number on.

V070 A vehicle demand request has been submitted to Porsche. This lets Porsche know that your dealer has a customer who wants to order a specific vehicle. This does not mean you have an allocation. This simply lets Porsche know how many potential customers exist. At this point you will not have a build schedule as shown above.

Here is a link to Porsche V codes explained
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...ing-guide.html

Your SA can provide you with confirmation you have a commission number and Demand order.

Hope this helps
243R (07-31-2021)
Old 07-31-2021 | 04:14 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I put a $2000 deposit…I figured when I'm fixing to spend $113,000 on a car, they'd be more, you know, talky. Maybe I'm chump change compared to other Porschees.
You do know that spending $113,000 is not a qualifier here…everyone in the hunt is near/at/above that mark.

SAs have people calling everyday. Where I live the list is multiples longer than what can ever be delivered.

Some are tire kickers, dreamers or on multiple lists. Then there are very active serious clients at the dealership working the SA and GM.

Putting a deposit down and going radio silent expecting someone to call you in this environment is “a” technique…best? Likely not.

Stop in occasionally, put a face to a name. Does your SA drink bourbon? Put some effort in it….

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...