Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2023, 04:56 PM
BeerMonkey
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 23 Posts

The track experience was good. A good intro to the car. You don't get to wring it out as hard as you want to, but it was still an amazing time and a great part of the delivery. No complaints. Really solid group of professionals there that make sure you have an amazing day.
The following users liked this post:
SpyderGent (01-10-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 05:01 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Received 892 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by BeerMonkey
Well, the time has come. I'm officially checking out of the waiting room. I wish you guys the best. Hang in there, your car will look better in person than any photo can do for it. PECLA delivery was well worth the experience. I highly recommend it. They really take care of you and make the entire experience special and take it to a new level.
Oh man - congrats! You just got me super excited to get my SB Spyder. I'm doing the PEC@ATL...
The car looks lovely - and I agree... in person they are that much more gorgeous! Enjoy the new car!
Old 01-10-2023, 05:02 PM
dub
Racer

Received 308 Likes on 136 Posts

That is indeed my dad. I couldn't think of anyone more special to share the moment with. He is a car guy too. He still has his original high school car (1970 Camaro) that was coincidentally my high school car as well. Now that I have the Spyder handled, I'm going to be helping him pull his car apart to restore it to its original glory. Engine should be coming out shortly. I was very blessed to have him there with me, and it was amazing how much they included him. I was allowed to split my track time with him, and he told me once it was over that if he had the garage space he'd be buying a Porsche the next day. I never figured him for a Porsche guy, but a bit of seat time can convert anyone. These are truly special cars, and we are all lucky to be able to enjoy them.
Great experience..thanks for sharing! Beautiful spec.....and Top 5 user name!

Old 01-10-2023, 05:03 PM
BeerMonkey
Advanced

Originally Posted by MrFunk
Oh man - congrats! You just got me super excited to get my SB Spyder. I'm doing the PEC@ATL...
The car looks lovely - and I agree... in person they are that much more gorgeous! Enjoy the new car!
You should be! They pull that cover back, and all the delays and drama that we go through become worth it in an instant. You have YOUR car. For some reason it is 10x as beautiful when it belongs to you.
The following 3 users liked this post by BeerMonkey:
Bearrun21 (01-11-2023), MrFunk (01-10-2023), SpyderGent (01-10-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 05:04 PM
BeerMonkey
Advanced

Originally Posted by dub
Great experience..thanks for sharing! Beautiful spec.....and Top 5 user name!
Thank you. The speed blue stitching really pops. Wish I could have got the PCCBs, but it is what it is. Funny story about the user name. I let my 8 year old daughter come up with a name since I'm not that creative. Her first idea was "BeerMonkey", and my wife started laughing and said I'd never use it. So I went ahead and rolled with it to be a good sport.
The following 3 users liked this post by BeerMonkey:
dub (01-10-2023), MrFunk (01-10-2023), SpyderGent (01-10-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 05:06 PM
dub
Racer

Received 308 Likes on 136 Posts

Thank you. The speed blue stitching really pops. Wish I could have got the PCCBs, but it is what it is. Funny story about the user name. I let my 8 year old daughter come up with a name since I'm not that creative. Her first idea was "BeerMonkey", and my wife started laughing and said I'd never use it. So I went ahead and rolled with it to be a good sport.
Lmao...and just like that it's the No. 1 user name! Love it. Legendary 8 yo!
Old 01-10-2023, 06:00 PM
augustxke
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by justbob
Thanks for the update. I lost 3 cars during Irma and actually need this car. I hope you made out okay.
Sorry to hear about that, I also live in Bonita Springs and got lucky with no damage.
Old 01-10-2023, 06:02 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,902 Likes on 942 Posts

Well, the time has come. I'm officially checking out of the waiting room. I wish you guys the best. Hang in there, your car will look better in person than any photo can do for it. PECLA delivery was well worth the experience. I highly recommend it. They really take care of you and make the entire experience special and take it to a new level.
Great story w/your dad, congrats!
What color are the wheels?
Old 01-10-2023, 06:04 PM
BeerMonkey
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ksdaoski
Great story w/your dad, congrats!
What color are the wheels?
Pretty special guy. I'm lucky to have him. Those wheels are the satin platinum. The silver are a bit too bright for me.
Old 01-10-2023, 06:18 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,902 Likes on 942 Posts

Pretty special guy. I'm lucky to have him. Those wheels are the satin platinum. The silver are a bit too bright for me.
Thanks! Would love to see more of the interior with the blue thread
Old 01-10-2023, 06:22 PM
BeerMonkey
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ksdaoski
Thanks! Would love to see more of the interior with the blue thread

I wish I had more pictures of the interior. This is the only one I took for some reason. I'll take more once the car is back home with me. It is at Glistening Perfection right now getting paint correction, ppf, and ceramic.
EXFIB (01-10-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 07:15 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,545 Likes on 861 Posts

That is indeed my dad. I couldn't think of anyone more special to share the moment with. He is a car guy too. He still has his original high school car (1970 Camaro) that was coincidentally my high school car as well. Now that I have the Spyder handled, I'm going to be helping him pull his car apart to restore it to its original glory. Engine should be coming out shortly. I was very blessed to have him there with me, and it was amazing how much they included him. I was allowed to split my track time with him, and he told me once it was over that if he had the garage space he'd be buying a Porsche the next day. I never figured him for a Porsche guy, but a bit of seat time can convert anyone. These are truly special cars, and we are all lucky to be able to enjoy them.
Yay congrats! I do remember you telling me that our delivery dates were about a week apart. I'm patiently waiting for Friday as thats when i'll be down there picking up my car. You car looks fantastic and so awesome you got to share it with your dad. My girlfriend will be with me for my delivery day. I'm hoping this will mark the start of a great year and then end of a chaotic one.
Old 01-10-2023, 07:16 PM
BeerMonkey
Advanced

Originally Posted by Xxyion
Yay congrats! I do remember you telling me that our delivery dates were about a week apart. I'm patiently waiting for Friday as thats when i'll be down there picking up my car. You car looks fantastic and so awesome you got to share it with your dad. My girlfriend will be with me for my delivery day. I'm hoping this will mark the start of a great year and then end of a chaotic one.
I look forward to seeing the pics! Enjoy your day at PEC, and enjoy all of the free food! They spoil you.
SpyderGent (01-10-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 07:35 PM
sgreer78
Rennlist Member

Received 689 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by SpyderSenseOC
Yeah, here's platinum on my 981 and I felt like they looked bronzy.

In certain light Platinum has a greensih tint to me.
Old 01-10-2023, 08:39 PM
Lucifer
Burning Brakes

Received 780 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by TXRubicon
Mine was in TYD within a day or two of being given a V200 allocation which originally was 5 months before production (ended up being 9 but that’s another story)
Had to call them to make that happen

Name:  y6cujcN.png
Views: 48
Size:  141.6 KB

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...