Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2021, 11:41 AM
LnC993
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 77 Posts

That must be the first Frozen Berry GT4 in US. And with dwindle GT4 allocations , this probably will be the only one, congrats.
Old 11-09-2021, 01:06 PM
Old-n-slo
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyder Bite
TYD down?
I couldn't get it to load for awhile and when it did, it showed me back to "your order is created." I checked with my SA who was unable to confirm the Bose issue some mentioned, but did say that I'm IN PRODUCTION and I have a VIN.
My delivery date changed to 1/7, but it's coming!

The app doesn't appear to be 100% accurate.
Old 11-09-2021, 01:21 PM
Spyder Bite
Pro

Received 719 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by Old-n-slo
I couldn't get it to load for awhile and when it did, it showed me back to "your order is created." I checked with my SA who was unable to confirm the Bose issue some mentioned, but did say that I'm IN PRODUCTION and I have a VIN.
My delivery date changed to 1/7, but it's coming!

The app doesn't appear to be 100% accurate.
Looks like it wasn't loading last night as they went live with the new My Porsche App. Got it to load earlier this morning and now appears to be down/intermittent again. Where did you find your VIN? My production started on 11/5 according to TYD. I have the Burmester system optioned so hopefully the Supply Chain rumor with Bose will not impact my build.

Last edited by Spyder Bite; 11-09-2021 at 01:25 PM.
Old 11-09-2021, 01:24 PM
Old-n-slo
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks like it wasn't loading last night as they went live with the new My Porsche App. Where did you find your VIN? My production started on 11/5 according to TYD. I have the Burmester system optioned so hopefully the Supply Chain rumor with Bose will not impact my build.
I didn't find it until my SA just sent it to me.
I wish I could have gotten the Burmeister! Wasn't available on the GT4, they said due to weight. I told them I'd just eat salad, but they wouldn't budge.
The following 6 users liked this post by Old-n-slo:
Delta-j (11-09-2021), LnC993 (11-09-2021), nova996 (11-09-2021), SlickxAC (11-09-2021), Spyder Bite (11-09-2021), TikiLou (11-10-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-09-2021, 01:31 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,338 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by lnirenberg
Last word from dealer was 11/19 to dealer. Got a call yesterday that it showed up early, should have it Thursday or Friday.
Ballsy move on the Frozen Berry. I could never pull that off. Congrats.
Old 11-09-2021, 03:52 PM
SlickxAC
Rennlist Member

Received 502 Likes on 165 Posts

I wish I could have gotten the Burmeister! Wasn't available on the GT4, they said due to weight. I told them I'd just eat salad, but they wouldn't budge.
From driving a GT4, I do think the Burmeister would have been nice, but kind of wasted since there's so much noise in the cabin you can't really hear your music anyways lol.
Old 11-09-2021, 05:07 PM
Delta-j
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

HAHAHA I was literally eating salad when I read that and I spit some out.
The following 4 users liked this post by Delta-j:
ICEfan (11-09-2021), Old-n-slo (11-09-2021), Paiceyfan (11-09-2021), Spyder Bite (11-09-2021)
Old 11-09-2021, 09:42 PM
ICEfan
7th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey all, super happy to be here. Just put a deposit down with my local dealership for a GTS and it’ll be my first sports car. Received a V070 with a Date in 2023 (lol…) Now the long wait begins!
The following 3 users liked this post by ICEfan:
ausgang (11-10-2021), Old-n-slo (11-11-2021), TikiLou (11-09-2021)
Old 11-09-2021, 10:00 PM
Paul E. Dodd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks like it wasn't loading last night as they went live with the new My Porsche App. Got it to load earlier this morning and now appears to be down/intermittent again. Where did you find your VIN? My production started on 11/5 according to TYD. I have the Burmester system optioned so hopefully the Supply Chain rumor with Bose will not impact my build.
Once your vehicle is in production and the VIN has been assigned, your VIN will show up under your car in My Porsche at the top of the page when you click on "Discover Current Phase". For some reason it doesn't show it in the My Porsche app, only on the website as far as I can see. Of course, your SA can also give it to you at that point.
The following users liked this post:
Spyder Bite (11-10-2021)
Old 11-10-2021, 12:22 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 3,970 Likes on 1,721 Posts

Exactly when is a vin assigned?
Old 11-10-2021, 12:44 AM
SlickxAC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Paul E. Dodd
Once your vehicle is in production and the VIN has been assigned, your VIN will show up under your car in My Porsche at the top of the page when you click on "Discover Current Phase". For some reason it doesn't show it in the My Porsche app, only on the website as far as I can see. Of course, your SA can also give it to you at that point.
I don't have the discover your current phase, but I do have the TYD, also noticed my TYD is not connected to my account, it only opens if I open the link through the email. Does the discover show up after car has entered production?
TikiLou (11-10-2021)
Old 11-10-2021, 01:06 AM
Paul E. Dodd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SlickxAC
I don't have the discover your current phase, but I do have the TYD, also noticed my TYD is not connected to my account, it only opens if I open the link through the email. Does the discover show up after car has entered production?
That's exactly how mine started out too. I can't say why, but at some point my new car finally got associated with my "My Porsche" account and started showing up both on the website and through the My Porsche app. It was around the time it finished production for me, but other people have had it happen at different times I think. Up until that point I had to keep accessing TYD from the original e-mail. Once it shows up in My Porsche you can select "Discover current phase" OR "Track my dream" and it links right over from there.
SlickxAC (11-10-2021)
Old 11-10-2021, 01:40 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

My GTS Boxster finally arrived at PECLA -- and I asked if the Delivery coordinator could send me a few pictures as this car is for my wife not me, But hesaid his policy is to keep the first viewing as a surprise. Our date for the PECLA delivery is not until November 23 -- so almost a month of additional waiting. I could have taken delivery today and then drive to the Experience Center and on every Thursday I can drive my own car on the track and bought lunch as well in their restaurant.

Another slight negative about the PECLA delivery is that the dealer sent me the paperwork and wants to get paid today -- but I won't see the car for awhile--hopefully the car is in good condition -- handing over a check for $118,549 is a leap of faith.

Hope it is the correct color!

I don't think I would do a PECLA delivery again--

Old 11-10-2021, 01:48 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa32
My GTS Boxster finally arrived at PECLA -- and I asked if the Delivery coordinator could send me a few pictures as this car is for my wife not me, But hesaid his policy is to keep the first viewing as a surprise. Our date for the PECLA delivery is not until November 23 -- so almost a month of additional waiting. I could have taken delivery today and then drive to the Experience Center and on every Thursday I can drive my own car on the track and bought lunch as well in their restaurant.

Another slight negative about the PECLA delivery is that the dealer sent me the paperwork and wants to get paid today -- but I won't see the car for awhile--hopefully the car is in good condition -- handing over a check for $118,549 is a leap of faith.

Hope it is the correct color!

I don't think I would do a PECLA delivery again--
I took delivery at PECLA too and Charles didn't want to ruin the surprise and I'm glad he didn't. You've waited this long, what's a couple more weeks. Enjoy the anticipation and the reveal will be so much better for it.

I too paid for the car about two weeks ahead of PECLA delivery. I thought that was odd but this being our first Porsche, I didn't know any better. Luckily all is well with the car and the delivery was smooth as can be. One positive for me with paying for it ahead of time is that technically the car was registered in my name so it started the process of the metal license plates coming to me. The reason why I care is because I couldn't order my personalized plate until the physical metal plates came because CA updated their system where it asks you for your current metal plates. The paper temporary plates don't work. I called DMV in Sacramento to ask and they said I have to wait. The white metal plates came in about a month. I ordered my personalized plates on 6/21 and still waiting.....
Old 11-10-2021, 03:36 PM
SlickxAC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
I took delivery at PECLA too and Charles didn't want to ruin the surprise and I'm glad he didn't. You've waited this long, what's a couple more weeks. Enjoy the anticipation and the reveal will be so much better for it.

I too paid for the car about two weeks ahead of PECLA delivery. I thought that was odd but this being our first Porsche, I didn't know any better. Luckily all is well with the car and the delivery was smooth as can be. One positive for me with paying for it ahead of time is that technically the car was registered in my name so it started the process of the metal license plates coming to me. The reason why I care is because I couldn't order my personalized plate until the physical metal plates came because CA updated their system where it asks you for your current metal plates. The paper temporary plates don't work. I called DMV in Sacramento to ask and they said I have to wait. The white metal plates came in about a month. I ordered my personalized plates on 6/21 and still waiting.....
Oh wow, did not know this. I ordered my Personal Plates before my previous car was purchased.

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...