Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2022, 09:08 PM
sictiru
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

My on vessel estimation changed from Dec 2nd to Dec 16th but today it got updated as being on Sunshine Ace which already left port.
Old 12-12-2022, 10:12 PM
Leonel
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

My GTS cleared customs and made it to the dealer lot yesterday and my SA refuses to settle everything until he’”touch it” and he’s not getting to it, I’m trying to have patience but it’s getting very annoying, I also offered to pay in full but they keep telling me to keep my cash and finance , their rate is 6.79 , I send them my info for the pre approval and they still haven’t run it ,since I’m getting msrp I’m starting to think that they are going to try and f#&@ me over .
sorry but after almost a year and a half wait this is very frustrating..
Old 12-12-2022, 10:23 PM
lilbza
Pro

Received 579 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by Leonel
My GTS cleared customs and made it to the dealer lot yesterday and my SA refuses to settle everything until he’”touch it” and he’s not getting to it, I’m trying to have patience but it’s getting very annoying, I also offered to pay in full but they keep telling me to keep my cash and finance , their rate is 6.79 , I send them my info for the pre approval and they still haven’t run it ,since I’m getting msrp I’m starting to think that they are going to try and f#&@ me over .
Haha telling you to keep your cash and finance it, unbelievable. I can't believe they can actually tack on ADM's at delivery too. U.S dealerships sound like the wild wild west.

I'd walk in their with a bank cheque and say let's get this done now.
Old 12-12-2022, 10:27 PM
absame
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Check how quickly you can pay off the loan. If you can repay right away, taking the loan may motivate him to move his &$$.
The following users liked this post:
Bearrun21 (12-14-2022)
Old 12-12-2022, 10:32 PM
Leonel
Racer

Originally Posted by absame
Check how quickly you can pay off the loan. If you can repay right away, taking the loan may motivate him to move his &$$.
what do you mean? Do they set conditions on how soon you cay off the loan?
Old 12-12-2022, 10:36 PM
slowdown
Instructor

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

No. But if you pay it off too soon - usually within 2-3 months, they don't collect their commission from the financing company/bank.
Old 12-12-2022, 10:55 PM
absame
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

depends on finance company. I don’t know about Porsche. But if you can take out loan and pay it off right away and dealer makes some money and is therefor motivated, it might be worth considering. I’ve had dealers ask me to do this in the past - not with Porsche.
Old 12-12-2022, 11:06 PM
Leonel
Racer

Ah , ok thanks , I’ll make sure to ask
Old 12-13-2022, 12:03 AM
dub
Racer

Received 308 Likes on 136 Posts

I guess this is a good day.....

The following 2 users liked this post by dub:
JBM718GTS (12-13-2022), RxVol (12-13-2022)
Old 12-13-2022, 10:07 AM
elitex
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts

Dang. They added another 6 days to my timeline. Missed 3 ships so far. Initial estimate was Dec 27 at the dealer, now it’s in Feb. SMH…..
Old 12-13-2022, 11:14 AM
BeerMonkey
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 23 Posts

Everything has ironed itself out. My car is now out of the port of Houston and on the way to PEC. I'll get to lay eyes on it 1/6. Kind of wild to be paying for a car that I've never seen or touched in person. Plane tickets are booked, and I have the best ppf guy in the game doing the car (Moe at Glistening Perfection). So the plan is fly in on the 6th to get the car from PEC, take it to Moe, fly home, then fly back and drive it home on either the 13th or 18th depending on what the weather is doing on the route home. Race rubber doesn't like snow and ice.
The following users liked this post:
EXFIB (12-16-2022)
Old 12-13-2022, 11:40 AM
SW6
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Anyone know why the SFL Conductor has been sitting at anchor off the coast near Emden since 12/5? I expected my car to be aboard the conductor heading this way on 12/7. The newest PWL Shipping schedule I've seen has it at Emden either yesterday or today, but as of now it's still anchored in the North Sea...
Old 12-13-2022, 11:59 AM
madmilk
Intermediate

Received 100 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by BeerMonkey
Everything has ironed itself out. My car is now out of the port of Houston and on the way to PEC. I'll get to lay eyes on it 1/6. Kind of wild to be paying for a car that I've never seen or touched in person. Plane tickets are booked, and I have the best ppf guy in the game doing the car (Moe at Glistening Perfection). So the plan is fly in on the 6th to get the car from PEC, take it to Moe, fly home, then fly back and drive it home on either the 13th or 18th depending on what the weather is doing on the route home. Race rubber doesn't like snow and ice.
How long from the time the ship arrived in Houston until it left the port? My ship is scheduled to arrive in Houston tomorrow.
Old 12-13-2022, 12:03 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,356 Likes on 775 Posts

Originally Posted by BeerMonkey
Congrats! Glad there was finally some movement. Mine is still at Port Processing but still has 3 more days left on TYD before its supposed to ship down to LA. Ive also completed all paperwork and sent in my down payment. At this point just waiting for my copy of my Registration and License Plate.
Old 12-13-2022, 01:38 PM
BeerMonkey
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by madmilk
How long from the time the ship arrived in Houston until it left the port? My ship is scheduled to arrive in Houston tomorrow.
You're not going to want to hear it, but I was there for 3 weeks. Part of that may be due to the car going to PEC though. Other people that were on my ship already have their cars.

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...