Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2022, 08:05 PM
elitex
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by adeland
TYD just showed our GT4 got on the SFL COMPOSER a week earlier than estimated. Don't know what to think as it may update next week with it still in port. Anyone else get on the sfl composer? Is this real??
Awesome. How long was your car waiting at the port?
Old 12-09-2022, 08:08 PM
brock256
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by rusmani
I just want to point out that cars aren't meant to be an investment or something that won't depreciate over time. Pre-Covid, 99.99% of new cars lost 10-20% of value the moment you drive off the lot. You shouldn't buy a new car and not expect to be underwater. Covid and this recent used car frenzy made people thing otherwise, but that's not reality. Hell, before Covid, pretty much everyone said you're getting taken to the cleaners if you paid MSRP on a car.

I think of buying leisure/sports cars as I do going out to eat, seeing my favorite sports teams live, or going on vacation. You are spending money for an experience. MSRP, ADM, whatever...you should be buying one of these cars for enjoyment and not to make money or worry about depreciation.

Sorry, I just wanted to get that out there. This recent attitude of "well, I'll just buy new car X, drive it for a year or two, and sell it at MSRP" is getting old to hear. If you are on this forum, and especially on this thread, you should be excited about your incoming amazing car.

And full disclosure, I paid 15k ADM on my GT4. I'm not made of money, but the experience of owning and driving the car has absolutely been worth it. Some people will say im an idiot for paying ADM, but such is life. I really wanted the car and I got it. As I said, people spend their money to get pleasure (dining out, trips, etc).
Amen. Underwater only matters for selling, not for driving.
The following 2 users liked this post by brock256:
HelpMeHelpU (12-11-2022), rottwagon (12-09-2022)
Old 12-09-2022, 08:29 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,138 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally Posted by rusmani
I just want to point out that cars aren't meant to be an investment or something that won't depreciate over time. Pre-Covid, 99.99% of new cars lost 10-20% of value the moment you drive off the lot. You shouldn't buy a new car and not expect to be underwater. Covid and this recent used car frenzy made people thing otherwise, but that's not reality. Hell, before Covid, pretty much everyone said you're getting taken to the cleaners if you paid MSRP on a car.

I think of buying leisure/sports cars as I do going out to eat, seeing my favorite sports teams live, or going on vacation. You are spending money for an experience. MSRP, ADM, whatever...you should be buying one of these cars for enjoyment and not to make money or worry about depreciation.

Sorry, I just wanted to get that out there. This recent attitude of "well, I'll just buy new car X, drive it for a year or two, and sell it at MSRP" is getting old to hear. If you are on this forum, and especially on this thread, you should be excited about your incoming amazing car.

And full disclosure, I paid 15k ADM on my GT4. I'm not made of money, but the experience of owning and driving the car has absolutely been worth it. Some people will say im an idiot for paying ADM, but such is life. I really wanted the car and I got it. As I said, people spend their money to get pleasure (dining out, trips, etc).
Come on, don't pull a whataboutism from pre-Covid days, at this point it's pretty clear those days are never coming back. You might as well be talking about the 50s. Everything is relative. We're talking about paying a huge amount of money for the privilege of buying a car. It's important to fully digest that, no matter how you reconcile it.

It's common sense that no one needs one of these cars, and hopefully everyone looks at them this way. That wasn't my point at all, to treat the cars like investments. I guess I'll take responsibility for not spelling that out- but I was only responding to Ken's very clearly stated grievances about paying ADM, coupled with the talk of buyer's remorse. That is all.

I still want a stainless steel Rolex Daytona, and could have bought one 4 years ago for $14k. Almost did, but chose an Explorer II for half that instead because it was just so much damn money. Last I checked they're still going for close to $50k on the gray market so... **** that! Life is full of regrets lol. (But I love my explorer and now it is apparently worth $15k now so I'll chew on that). If you can afford it, get what you want and don't look back... I just wasn't completely convinced Ken was in that state of mind.

These are all luxury goods, like I said, no one needs a Porsche just like no one needs a Rolex. But if you're buying these things you better at least hope your mental health isn't going in the opposite direction!

edit- Ken has weighed in himself, clearly he's fine, so we'll move on, right? But he's not the only one griping about ADM. Hopefully you guys can walk the dealers back a bit now that the climate is different now than it was in the summer when you placed your orders. I sincerely hope you do.

Last edited by manifold danger; 12-09-2022 at 08:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Ken in San Diego (12-09-2022)
Old 12-10-2022, 12:37 PM
Walter_
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

For those struggling with ADM, walking away can be an option. I know we’re late in the cycle, but if you’re on lists with other dealers there’s always a chance at getting an offer at another dealer. This happened to me. May 2021 I got on the list for a Spyder with a number of dealers that “only sell at MSRP.” I didn’t get this in writing unfortunately.

A year later I finally received an allocation from Las Vegas for 30k ADM. I talked that down to 25k, but was having a lot of trouble living with it. I had to cut a lot of options and was generally very bitter about it. It felt like my dream car was getting snatched from me so the dealership owner, with dozens of Porsches in his collection, could line his pocket. On a whim I visited my local dealer where I was on the list and shared with them what was going on. I told them, “I wish I could just get the car from you guys.”

Got a call an hour later promising me their next ED bonus allocation to me for 10k ADM. I was thrilled and was able to step away from my Las Vegas allocation without penalty.

Found out this week that ED is closed through July, so I’ll be taking delivery state side. February build slot.
Old 12-10-2022, 12:44 PM
Ken in San Diego
Banned

Received 205 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Walter_
For those struggling with ADM, walking away can be an option. I know we’re late in the cycle, but if you’re on lists with other dealers there’s always a chance at getting an offer at another dealer. This happened to me. May 2021 I got on the list for a Spyder with a number of dealers that “only sell at MSRP.” I didn’t get this in writing unfortunately.

A year later I finally received an allocation from Las Vegas for 30k ADM. I talked that down to 25k, but was having a lot of trouble living with it. I had to cut a lot of options and was generally very bitter about it. It felt like my dream car was getting snatched from me so the dealership owner, with dozens of Porsches in his collection, could line his pocket. On a whim I visited my local dealer where I was on the list and shared with them what was going on. I told them, “I wish I could just get the car from you guys.”

Got a call an hour later promising me their next ED bonus allocation to me for 10k ADM. I was thrilled and was able to step away from my Las Vegas allocation without penalty.

Found out this week that ED is closed through July, so I’ll be taking delivery state side. February build slot.
fantastic story, and WONDERFUL for you! Enjoy the hell out of your future Spyder!!!
Old 12-10-2022, 01:35 PM
RxVol
Advanced

Received 116 Likes on 35 Posts

I had a similar situation this past week. I wanted a GT4 but had no dealer relationships & this was to be my first Porsche. Spoke to several nearby dealers, both large & small, in late 2020 and got on "the list". I eventually decided to use a broker to find an allocation since it seemed unlikely that I was going to get a car at any of the dealers I'd spoken with before production wound down. Ben found me one at a CA dealer for $20k over & I took it. That was in early November. Last week, out of the blue, I got a call from one of the dealers I had talked to originally about 2 years ago offering an allocation at MSRP. No other charges except for their standard doc fee & taxes. I would also be able to trade my current car and get the sales tax credit.

I was a little reluctant to go back on the deal I'd made with the original dealer, but I also knew they'd be able to have someone else for that allocation within a day or two. I gave them a call and the SA couldn't have been more understanding. He literally told me "You cannot pass that deal up".

Long story short - I'm now waiting for my May delivery at MSRP!
The following 3 users liked this post by RxVol:
absame (12-10-2022), Bearrun21 (12-10-2022), dub (12-11-2022)
Old 12-10-2022, 01:47 PM
GoodRevrnd
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 71 Posts

Gaudin is very smug about their $30k ADM. Extra fun when they're you're local dealer.
Old 12-10-2022, 02:02 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Received 692 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by GoodRevrnd
Gaudin is very smug about their $30k ADM. Extra fun when they're you're local dealer.
That's crazy, I got my GT4 at Gaudin for MSRP in september 21 (granted it was almost a year and a half process) and I was stressed out that when I arrived to sign the paperwork they would try and jerk me around with charges, but thankfully that never happened

I think the sales manager died and some new guy is there now... probably trying to "make his mark" or whatever these clowns do

Last edited by smegman; 12-10-2022 at 02:05 PM.
Old 12-11-2022, 01:48 PM
EXFIB
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 41 Posts

I just purchased an out of state incoming 718 GTS 4.0 for list and in addition to MSRP I had to purchase some service contracts like the 2-year maintenance plan. Instead of the proposed dealer ceramic or ppf option, I opted for the Porsche wheel and tire package. I have no problem paying for these two service contracts as part of my deal as opposed to an ADM where I get nothing except a bad taste in my mouth.
I've never owned a Cayman before and I'm pretty excited to have a naturally aspirated car in the stable so I'm counting down the minutes till that ship arrives into the Houston port.
HelpMeHelpU (12-11-2022)
Old 12-11-2022, 02:38 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

I just traded my 2022 GT4 in shark blue with the maximum speed blue interior stitching to Porsche Colorado Springs for a Panamera hybrid. I know - a strange jump but I am older than I thought.

msrp on this build was $133,000 and it is a like brand new car- never tracked - with 2,600 miles on the odometer. Always washed by hand and stored in a hermetically air filtered car Showcase.

if you have wanted a GT4 this might be your car. I hope someone with the driving skills buys it and utilizes the amazing engineering of this vehicle.

The car was bought from Porsche San Diego and always lived in Temecula California until it was trucked in a sealed carrier to Colorado Springs Porsche a week ago. This dealer has certified the car which gives it an even longer warranty than when I bought it new.

anyway - if interested - call Ted the Sales manager at Porsche Colorado Springs - he has always treated me fairly and with integrity. I have already sold the car so no vested interest in selling the car.

a few photos —

HelpMeHelpU (12-11-2022)
Old 12-11-2022, 03:44 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

Here is the YouTube video on my GT4 I recently traded to Porsche of Colorado Springs for a new Panamera (don’t ask- A wife request).

If your looking for a GT4 - 2022 - this might fit your needs—

HelpMeHelpU (12-11-2022)
Old 12-11-2022, 11:00 PM
J3t3r
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RxVol
I had a similar situation this past week. I wanted a GT4 but had no dealer relationships & this was to be my first Porsche. Spoke to several nearby dealers, both large & small, in late 2020 and got on "the list". I eventually decided to use a broker to find an allocation since it seemed unlikely that I was going to get a car at any of the dealers I'd spoken with before production wound down. Ben found me one at a CA dealer for $20k over & I took it. That was in early November. Last week, out of the blue, I got a call from one of the dealers I had talked to originally about 2 years ago offering an allocation at MSRP. No other charges except for their standard doc fee & taxes. I would also be able to trade my current car and get the sales tax credit.

I was a little reluctant to go back on the deal I'd made with the original dealer, but I also knew they'd be able to have someone else for that allocation within a day or two. I gave them a call and the SA couldn't have been more understanding. He literally told me "You cannot pass that deal up".

Long story short - I'm now waiting for my May delivery at MSRP!
How did you go about finding the broker you originally used ?
Old 12-12-2022, 08:19 AM
RxVol
Advanced

Originally Posted by J3t3r
How did you go about finding the broker you originally used ?
On Rennlist, of course! Ben Peacock comes highly recommended by several members here. Send a PM to @bpeacock
The following 3 users liked this post by RxVol:
bpeacock (12-12-2022), dub (12-12-2022), MrFunk (12-12-2022)
Old 12-12-2022, 08:21 AM
RxVol
Advanced

duplicate post deleted

Last edited by RxVol; 12-12-2022 at 08:22 AM.
Old 12-12-2022, 08:57 PM
rottwagon
Track Day

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

I think my BGTS in on a ship! I have been at Emden for a couple days with the "on vessel" estimated for the 23rd of December. Today TYD says i am on Sunshine Ace. Can i believe what it says?

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...