Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2023, 07:17 PM
bravoraider
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by MrFunk
^^ yeah seems the app doesn't have the order tracking feature any longer. Mine will still load the MyPorsche welcome page with the car showing phase 2/4 but the TYD button is gone to get any further detail.
I was going off the link I received for TYD. The link no longer works for me. The Porsche website when logged in only shows on 2nd phase out of 4.

I contacted Porsche and they are working on sending a new TYD link. Stated it could take 5-7 business days .
Old 03-03-2023, 07:23 PM
liudacris
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bravoraider
I was going off the link I received for TYD. The link no longer works for me. The Porsche website when logged in only shows on 2nd phase out of 4.

I contacted Porsche and they are working on sending a new TYD link. Stated it could take 5-7 business days .
I've tried a few different methods and also stuck with where you are. Who in Porsche gave you the 5-7 biz day eta? Your SA?
Old 03-03-2023, 07:32 PM
bravoraider
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by liudacris
I've tried a few different methods and also stuck with where you are. Who in Porsche gave you the 5-7 biz day eta? Your SA?
I replied to a general Porsche email, something along the lines of Info@Porshe.com (don't quote this email as I don't recall exacts).

I also called 1-800-PORSCHE around an hour ago. Very nice customer service rep looked into this and she let me know a ticket was created. She reiterated 5-7 business days.

Maybe a total of 10 minutes on the phone.
Old 03-03-2023, 10:42 PM
gggmann
5th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My car arrived at the dealership today. My SA said they needed a couple of days to get it ready and then I could come in and pick it up, so hopefully Monday or Tuesday I'll have it on the road.
Old 03-04-2023, 01:59 AM
Atc1009
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Just saw that my car was fitted with Dunlops and not the Michelins I was hoping for. What is the Dunlop tire Porsche is fitting to the GT4 in place of the Cup 2?
Old 03-04-2023, 02:24 AM
Scrounger
Instructor

Received 136 Likes on 60 Posts

Dunlop Sport Maxx Race 2
Old 03-04-2023, 11:55 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Received 826 Likes on 441 Posts

With the update to the new TYD UI, when are u guys getting production pics? My car went into production last week... where will the pics appear?
Old 03-05-2023, 02:52 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 760 Likes on 349 Posts

People with popping colors - have you got sick of it after a certain amount of time?

Some background: for the last three months, I've been obsessing with configuring my '23 Spyder (and I have two more months to do it), changing my mind about things at least once a week.
I've got the interior nailed down quickly, so it's mainly about the exterior and wheels' colors.

I have never owned a car for more than two years, and after seeing a Shark Blue GT4 at the dealership, I really liked it -
but I fear that a popping color like blue, green, etc. will get old after a certain amount of time, while a "classic" color like GT Silver or CWM while being obviously more boring, won't.

I am seeking opinions and advice from people who have held special cars for long period of times.
Old 03-05-2023, 02:56 PM
fxmixer
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucifer
People with popping colors - have you got sick of it after a certain amount of time?

Some background: for the last three months, I've been obsessing with configuring my '23 Spyder (and I have two more months to do it), changing my mind about things at least once a week.
I've got the interior nailed down quickly, so it's mainly about the exterior and wheels' colors.

I have never owned a car for more than two years, and after seeing a Shark Blue GT4 at the dealership, I really liked it -
but I fear that a popping color like blue, green, etc. will get old after a certain amount of time, while a "classic" color like GT Silver or CWM while being obviously more boring, won't.

I am seeking opinions and advice from people who have held special cars for long period of times.
For me if you really like the color now you will continue to like it. I have a Ultraviolet 3RS and a Speed Yellow C4S and they make me smile every time I look at them. Also can't wait for my Ruby Star Neo BGTS!
The following 2 users liked this post by fxmixer:
SpyderGent (03-06-2023), UncleDude (03-05-2023)
Old 03-05-2023, 02:58 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 198 Posts

@fxmixer I am very interested in your RBS BGTS! If I get an allocation, I was pondering the same exterior color. Do you mind sharing your build code?
Old 03-05-2023, 03:16 PM
GTSPYDER23
Racer

Received 226 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucifer

Yeah, there is surely a risk in "popping colors" since they tend to be somewhat of a "fad", and fads come and go. But in the end of the day, your personal opinion is most critical and all that matters.

As for me, I went with Gentian Blue, and it is better than I expected. I thought it might be too purple or dark, but it is a perfect blue (for me).

The following 2 users liked this post by GTSPYDER23:
Atc1009 (03-05-2023), SpyderGent (03-06-2023)
Old 03-05-2023, 03:18 PM
fxmixer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JCZ5
@fxmixer I am very interested in your RBS BGTS! If I get an allocation, I was pondering the same exterior color. Do you mind sharing your build code?
https://configurator.porsche.com/en-...dFrom=PPLZSQI8
Old 03-05-2023, 03:58 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 198 Posts

Great spec, I was thinking of your interior combo, but right now thinking of doing graphite blue with either chalk or yellow (if I feel even bolder) stitching
Old 03-05-2023, 04:44 PM
fxmixer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JCZ5
Great spec, I was thinking of your interior combo, but right now thinking of doing graphite blue with either chalk or yellow (if I feel even bolder) stitching
Graphite Blue would look awesome! I did consider that. If you don't go with yellow I would suggest doing silver stitching to match the door handles, steering wheel inserts, seat backs (if left in metal look) and possibly wheels.
Something like this maybe. https://configurator.porsche.com/en-...iants=00480_U2

Last edited by fxmixer; 03-05-2023 at 04:51 PM.
The following users liked this post:
JCZ5 (03-05-2023)
Old 03-05-2023, 06:51 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,338 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxKing
Oh, your Chalk GT4 is arriving exactly as imaged, and adding a black wing was not a configurator option (though it should have been). Im pretty sure you're going to like it in person, but if it were me, I'd raise one hell of a stink with my dealer when it arrives... "WTF, why is my wing black?!!"
Ask what sort of compensation you can get by living with the tragic mistake - doesn't hurt to try

EDIT: you 100% need to get healthy compensation back for this error, as no GT4, to the best of my knowledge can be ordered this way from the factory, and you can never revert the car back to "stock form" - this will diminish the value of your car before it even roles off the lot. I wouldn't wait a single minute to bring this up to your SA, and personally, I'd make sure it was corrected before you take delivery.

Dealer: Oh, so sorry about that. We don't know how that could've even happened. We completely understand that you hate the car as it is currently configured and to that we reply with some good news. There's another guy down the street who absolutely loves the car exactly the way it is and he is going to buy it from us for more than you offered. So you are off the hook. You should probably run out and try and gobble up one of the last remaining allocations so your dreams can be realized and you get the exact car you want. We as a Porsche dealer wouldn't want to put you into anything you didn't like."
The following users liked this post:
SpyderGent (03-06-2023)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...