Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2022, 11:04 AM
gregturek
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by JBM718GTS
The wheels on my car updated once I hit stage 3.. then it was all accurate!
Same with our car. That updated image gets used in communications from Porsche even after delivery.
Old 12-16-2022, 11:11 AM
gregturek
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 56 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by BeerMonkey
My car is now at PEC waiting for my delivery date. Is it weird that I'm actually having TYD withdrawl? Checking it daily became ritual.
Just daily? I was checking 3 times before lunch, a couple times in the afternoon, and again at night. Being retired leaves a lot of time to obsess.
The following users liked this post:
EXFIB (12-16-2022)
Old 12-16-2022, 12:26 PM
BeerMonkey
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by gregturek
Just daily? I was checking 3 times before lunch, a couple times in the afternoon, and again at night. Being retired leaves a lot of time to obsess.
I said checking it every day. I didn't say how many times. I think everyone with TYD knows the obsession. Also looking for those production pics multiple times per day to post. Now that it's all gone, I'm in this limbo between TYD being done for me but also not being able to go out to my garage and look at the car. Snow on the ground here though, so realistically at the moment all I'd be able to do is sit in the car and make vroom vroom noises.
The following 2 users liked this post by BeerMonkey:
EXFIB (12-16-2022), gregturek (12-16-2022)
Old 12-16-2022, 03:17 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,398 Likes on 757 Posts

Originally Posted by BeerMonkey
I said checking it every day. I didn't say how many times. I think everyone with TYD knows the obsession. Also looking for those production pics multiple times per day to post. Now that it's all gone, I'm in this limbo between TYD being done for me but also not being able to go out to my garage and look at the car. Snow on the ground here though, so realistically at the moment all I'd be able to do is sit in the car and make vroom vroom noises.
My car is in the shop installing Alpins. Vroom vroom outside in the snow pretty soon
TYD is an obsession. Mine is still on phase 2 nearly 1 month after delivery. I never got any pictures during production.
Old 12-16-2022, 05:07 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 883 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by John Mclane
My car is in the shop installing Alpins. Vroom vroom outside in the snow pretty soon
TYD is an obsession. Mine is still on phase 2 nearly 1 month after delivery. I never got any pictures during production.
I feel the same thing is going to happen to me… In the coding screen, my info shows Phase 1, though at the bottom it indicates “PRODUCED”, when I have seen other posts with their builds being in Phase 2/3, still showing “ORDERED” as their current status. Im not expecting a call from my SA anytime before January, so I’m not going to reach out and bug him for an accurate status update until after the new year.

I refresh these days bc I want those damn production pics; also Im hoping they screwed up and painted the car Oslo Blue vs. CWM :-).
Old 12-16-2022, 05:58 PM
absame
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxKing
I feel the same thing is going to happen to me… In the coding screen, my info shows Phase 1, though at the bottom it indicates “PRODUCED”, when I have seen other posts with their builds being in Phase 2/3, still showing “ORDERED” as their current status. Im not expecting a call from my SA anytime before January, so I’m not going to reach out and bug him for an accurate status update until after the new year.

I refresh these days bc I want those damn production pics; also Im hoping they screwed up and painted the car Oslo Blue vs. CWM :-).
mine was showing phase 1 but also at Emden. I called 1-800-Porsche and they reset it.
Old 12-16-2022, 07:53 PM
MotoFanatic
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Just curious, my SA submitted my specs and said I'm at V100 and I should be getting an email from Porsche. I'm assuming the email is about tracking, etc. Does anybody know long that normally takes? When asked, my SA said it should take about a day but some never get it at all. Any input would be appreciated.

Sorry if this has already been discussed.
Old 12-16-2022, 08:28 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MotoFanatic
Just curious, my SA submitted my specs and said I'm at V100 and I should be getting an email from Porsche. I'm assuming the email is about tracking, etc. Does anybody know long that normally takes? When asked, my SA said it should take about a day but some never get it at all. Any input would be appreciated.

Sorry if this has already been discussed.
V100 only means your order has been submitted, though it could be rejected for several reasons before hitting V200 which, means your allocation is locked, and you should be provided with a commission number. Not sure you’re ever going to get a call about tracking, or a call from any Porsche representative unless you initiate one yourself. When your build hits V200, you might get an email from TYD if your email address was linked/entered by your SA, but that’s about it.

I’d create a myporsche ID, and wait for your submitted build to hit V200…. You cant feel assured your order is “created” until you have a commission # and your build reaches V200. Im not as well versed in the ordering steps as those who have gone through this process 5-10+ times, but when my build was submitted, it hit V200 with a commission number seconds after the GM processed my build. Can you share your build spec?
MotoFanatic (12-16-2022)
Old 12-16-2022, 08:37 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,349 Likes on 809 Posts

Originally Posted by Toon902
Another Rennlister posted this awhile back. I have found it to be a helpful reference tool.

You’re getting close on the production front, but then you move to the “stuck at port” and “marine traffic tracking” phases… 🤣

V332 is where the doo doo hits the fan.
Old 12-16-2022, 08:42 PM
MotoFanatic
Rennlist Member

V100 only means your order has been submitted, though it could be rejected for several reasons before hitting V200 which, means your allocation is locked, and you should be provided with a commission number. Not sure you’re ever going to get a call about tracking, or a call from any Porsche representative unless you initiate one yourself. When your build hits V200, you might get an email from TYD if your email address was linked/entered by your SA, but that’s about it.

I’d create a myporsche ID, and wait for your submitted build to hit V200…. You cant feel assured your order is “created” until you have a commission # and your build reaches V200. Im not as well versed in the ordering steps as those who have gone through this process 5-10+ times, but when my build was submitted, it hit V200 with a commission number seconds after the GM processed my build. Can you share your build spec?
Thank you for the info. In other words, I'm not through the woods yet. lol

My build specs can be found here.
Old 12-16-2022, 09:18 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MotoFanatic
Thank you for the info. In other words, I'm not through the woods yet. lol

My build specs can be found here.
My build spec is very similar to yours with regards to what you have optioned, and I don’t see anything out of the ordinary that would delay you from going V200.
This is just my opinion, as I went with the Aurum wheels; black calipers look cleaner behind the Aurum. Red to me clashes, just like the yellow PCCB variant does behind the Aurums. I’d also throw down the extra hundred bucks for LED headlights. Blackout the PORSCHE emblem in the rear.

All these things, or whatever you want to change can be made prior to your freeze date. This date is something you’d want to ask your SA about so you know your tentative deadline to make any changes.
MotoFanatic (12-16-2022)
Old 12-16-2022, 09:53 PM
MotoFanatic
Rennlist Member

My build spec is very similar to yours with regards to what you have optioned, and I don’t see anything out of the ordinary that would delay you from going V200.
This is just my opinion, as I went with the Aurum wheels; black calipers look cleaner behind the Aurum. Red to me clashes, just like the yellow PCCB variant does behind the Aurums. I’d also throw down the extra hundred bucks for LED headlights. Blackout the PORSCHE emblem in the rear.

All these things, or whatever you want to change can be made prior to your freeze date. This date is something you’d want to ask your SA about so you know your tentative deadline to make any changes.
I appreciate the advice. I agree the red clashes with the Aurum but I'm not sure how long I'll keep the Aurum color. If I do decide to keep it, I can always paint the calipers black. I tried to order LED headlights but the SA said there is a stop order on the LED headlights. This was as of Tues (12/13). And I thought about the blackout of the PORSCHE emblem as well but figured I could easily plasti-dip it black if I wanted.
Old 12-16-2022, 10:41 PM
MotoFanatic
Rennlist Member

I stand corrected. It looks like I did get an email from Porsche/TYD after all. Apparently it got lost among all the other junk email I get.
The following 2 users liked this post by MotoFanatic:
BoxKing (12-17-2022), MrFunk (12-17-2022)
Old 12-17-2022, 03:35 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Received 892 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by Toon902
Another Rennlister posted this awhile back. I have found it to be a helpful reference tool.

You’re getting close on the production front, but then you move to the “stuck at port” and “marine traffic tracking” phases… 🤣

Help me find where within TYD does it reference the V code for your current status. My order is v200 but I'm not seeing that anywhere within TYD.
Old 12-17-2022, 04:04 PM
sgreer78
Rennlist Member

Received 689 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by MrFunk
Help me find where within TYD does it reference the V code for your current status. My order is v200 but I'm not seeing that anywhere within TYD.
It's not.

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...