Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 06:39 PM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Received 803 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Whoa. That will be EPIC.
I think it turned out well.

The following 7 users liked this post by sanderabernathy:
daaa nope (04-16-2021), jake18 (04-25-2021), kmh0277 (06-08-2024), Paiceyfan (04-18-2021), tigerhonaker (04-17-2021), UncleDude (04-17-2021), Zeus993 (04-16-2021) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-17-2021, 12:07 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,263 Likes on 583 Posts

GREAT spec - Adventurine Green, correct?

I think this is one of the areas where the GTS 4.0 really shined above the Spyder / GT4 - the colour choices of both the exterior and interior without having to reach for the Porsche Exclusive PTS and interior choices.

I spec'd a GTS 4.0 Boxster on the configurator in GT Silver over Espresso / Tan (below) and it looked soooo close to the Heritage Edition of the 991.2 Speedster. Meatballs and front white graphics anyone?

This, your Adventurine Green over Bordeaux / Black is another perfect combination.

Last edited by Zeus993; 04-17-2021 at 02:30 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Zeus993:
Alpha Ice (04-23-2021), UncleDude (04-17-2021)
Old 04-17-2021, 01:06 AM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,324 Likes on 2,179 Posts

My car was due at the dealer today, but alas it will be delayed with the engine recall (boy it’ll be nice not thinking about that at some point LOL). Nevertheless, I remain hopeful for the car I spent countless hours specifying. A very lightly spec’d Cayman in the unpopular racing yellow

Here’s the configurator shots and the only one like my spec that I’ve been able to find on the internet. I’ve got a 4.0 badge from @Bob Z. coming for the back, a winter wheel package, custom mustang license plate holder, side markers and if my wife hadn’t told me to stop I’d probably have a titanium exhaust rear section sitting in the dinning room

I’m told it will be worth the wait.

The following 3 users liked this post by UncleDude:
EXFIB (02-14-2023), P-car-Vancouver (04-17-2021), tigerhonaker (04-17-2021)
Old 04-17-2021, 01:56 AM
Frank Torres
Instructor

Received 333 Likes on 113 Posts

I am patiently waiting for my GT4 that has a delivery date of 6/11/2021.
Old 04-17-2021, 04:19 AM
998R
Instructor

Received 320 Likes on 112 Posts

16th of July for my Spyder....

Cheers,
Harry.

Last edited by 998R; 04-17-2021 at 04:24 AM.
The following users liked this post:
remington (09-27-2021)
Old 04-17-2021, 08:38 AM
randombum
Intermediate

Received 57 Likes on 18 Posts

Could use some help here, heading you guys talk about waiting on your delivery is killing me..... Here is my story:

Never had plans for a Porsche it wasn't really my thing. November 2020 that changed after the first 5 minutes of a manual boxter test drive. Few days after test drive went in with check book and configuration, put down deposit on BGTS. No haggling, full price, I'm one of the easiest customer he's had, knew exactly what I wanted. He tells me 16 weeks and he had also had a Feb CGTS allocation he could trade if needed. So, anticipated lock is early Feb, build in Mar deliver in April. Walk out with a signed config and receipt deposit (not sure off this is actually called an order atv this point, or order demand or something else)

To make things feel faster I just forget about the car as much as possible, so don't ever contact or hassle him.....I figure it's the Germans this will go like clockwork.

Late Jan comes and i.m thinking I should be getting close to lock in, so bib contact him, and he tells me they don't have any allocations currently they don't anticipate any, but they're 'meeting with their porsche rep' something i will hear a few times. Car could be late spring or early summer. Not happy but i don't complain or push back because in have no real option, I really didn't want to go to a dealer outside my home area.

4 weeks ago he calls me to tell me in have allocation, with end of april lock, early June build and end of July delivery, and now I'm totally psyched because now I have an actual timeline that i can be excited about. He tells me he.ll call me 1st week of April to set up appt. to lock in config. That doesn't happen, so last week I stop in and he tells me that the order is on hold at the factory due to the stop sale and there is no available timeline. That now it's looking like the fall.

What is going on? Should I be freaking out at them questioning them? Obviously I pushed back a little and all I got is that what the factory tells me and that's what happens with limited production vehicles ( which was pretty condescending) I was hoping that dealing with a higher end dealer would relieve me if the salesman BS you get at most dealers, but I feel like I'm getting treated like a dope.

You guys have exact build slots and dates with no impact from recall. I ordered in Nov of 2020 and I can't get anywhere. All I can figure is they gave my spot to someone else and are using the recall excuse on me.

Sorry for long post, but i.m close to just pulling the plug and moving on with my life.

Old 04-17-2021, 09:13 AM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 998R;[url=tel:17371907
17371907[/url]]16th of July for my Spyder....

Cheers,
Harry.

A GT Silver over black/Bordeaux just came through my dealer. I struggle to find a spec of GT4/Spyder I really like as the GTS better suits my sensibilities. But I really like that combination.
Old 04-17-2021, 09:21 AM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by randombum;[url=tel:17371995
17371995[/url]]Could use some help here, heading you guys talk about waiting on your delivery is killing me..... Here is my story:

Never had plans for a Porsche it wasn't really my thing. November 2020 that changed after the first 5 minutes of a manual boxter test drive. Few days after test drive went in with check book and configuration, put down deposit on BGTS. No haggling, full price, I'm one of the easiest customer he's had, knew exactly what I wanted. He tells me 16 weeks and he had also had a Feb CGTS allocation he could trade if needed. So, anticipated lock is early Feb, build in Mar deliver in April. Walk out with a signed config and receipt deposit (not sure off this is actually called an order atv this point, or order demand or something else)

To make things feel faster I just forget about the car as much as possible, so don't ever contact or hassle him.....I figure it's the Germans this will go like clockwork.

Late Jan comes and i.m thinking I should be getting close to lock in, so bib contact him, and he tells me they don't have any allocations currently they don't anticipate any, but they're 'meeting with their porsche rep' something i will hear a few times. Car could be late spring or early summer. Not happy but i don't complain or push back because in have no real option, I really didn't want to go to a dealer outside my home area.

4 weeks ago he calls me to tell me in have allocation, with end of april lock, early June build and end of July delivery, and now I'm totally psyched because now I have an actual timeline that i can be excited about. He tells me he.ll call me 1st week of April to set up appt. to lock in config. That doesn't happen, so last week I stop in and he tells me that the order is on hold at the factory due to the stop sale and there is no available timeline. That now it's looking like the fall.

What is going on? Should I be freaking out at them questioning them? Obviously I pushed back a little and all I got is that what the factory tells me and that's what happens with limited production vehicles ( which was pretty condescending) I was hoping that dealing with a higher end dealer would relieve me if the salesman BS you get at most dealers, but I feel like I'm getting treated like a dope.

You guys have exact build slots and dates with no impact from recall. I ordered in Nov of 2020 and I can't get anywhere. All I can figure is they gave my spot to someone else and are using the recall excuse on me.

Sorry for long post, but i.m close to just pulling the plug and moving on with my life.
Do you have a commission number? If so, you have a car. It’s just delayed because of bad engines, stop sale, semiconductors, things stuck in the Suez Canal, pandemic, short supply of Porsches, etc.

If you don’t have a commission number, you are still waiting on an allocation. Due to supply limitations and the stop sale remedies it may be a long(er) wait.

Either way, there’s not much the SA or dealer can do so grilling them won’t accomplish much.

Porsche: You have to be very patient if you want to drive our fast cars.
Old 04-17-2021, 09:50 AM
randombum
Intermediate

I understand the current global supply chain issues, and i.m fine with waiting like everyone else. I.d just rather hear the truth even if the truth is 'i don't know', instead of being fed BS.

And at this point i.ll even handle the BS.

What I can't really handle is being pushed to the back of the line, when I made an agreement to buy a car 5 months ago am being told I will have to wait another 5 months, while the posters in thread are getting this process accomplished in half that time, with complete transparency from their dealer.

I do also understand the free market and that I m a 1st time buyer and that they may have long term customers they would want to give priority to. I.ve talked to them about that in a very polite way, just trying to understand the situation and get a realistic timeline.... But have been assured i.ve been 1st inline for a BGTS for months
Believe me i.ve been nothing but a polite schoolboy with them because they hold my car future in their hands. I know i.m bitching here to you guys, but seeing this thread and what the timelines seem to really be, is kind of my last straw.

As they say, i.m at a decision point.
Old 04-17-2021, 09:53 AM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by randombum
Could use some help here, heading you guys talk about waiting on your delivery is killing me..... Here is my story:

You need to go V200 with commission number. That is when you really have an allocation.

Press you SA harder. Some are known to string you along.

If it makes you feel any better, I will tell you my story.

Started looking for Spyder allocation March 2020.

Traded in my 991 July 2020 for a guaranteed allocation.

Original expected delivery is now.

Car is now stuck at port pending resolution of conrod fiasco.

Latest is this can take 3-6 months to sort out. Right about time to start thinking about putting the car to bed for winter worse case scenario.

Good thing is in the meantime, I do have a Miata as fun car.

Old 04-17-2021, 10:06 AM
randombum
Intermediate

Thanks for advice Dyim.....is the commission number something that would typically be available before lock in? I did get as close to 4 weeks from an designated lock in date.

I do do sympathize with you guys.....having it sitting close by and not being able to pick it up is a while different level of hell. I would expect them to handle the built cars first, but I also have a hard time believing they can't do both concurrently ......fix existing while restarting production of new.

I.ll prob test drive the miata and check it out as a stop gap, who am I kidding I really want the GTS. Im a mid life crisis gen xer looking to relive some glory days in the face of an automatic transmission and EV tidal wave ....718 is really the only answer

​​​​​
Old 04-17-2021, 10:23 AM
DIS295
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 51 Posts

randombum: My experience has some similarities with yours...In February, I made the mistake driving my friends boxster and decided that was my next car and first Porsche. The following week I went to my Pennsylvania dealer and gave them down $$ ( for msrp), a BGTS build, and rec'd a commission number along with the tracking info showing lock in April, at dealer in June. Time passed and yesterday, my updated commission tracking shows a 3 week delay, with car arriving at dealer in early July. I was hoping to hear it was on or ahead of schedule, but according to SA, it's likely delayed because of chip supply issues. So delays appear to be common, but not universal. I'm guessing that it may vary by car and the options you spec. My SA mentioned that some of their orders for Cayennes etc. appear to be delayed by 14 & 18 way seat chip shortages. Who knows...

If this is the last delay, I'm OK, but much more and I may need to rethink the purchase. I sold my M5 in March and only have a 325 wagon to drive. Warmer weather and riding my s1000r may help.
Old 04-17-2021, 10:25 AM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by randombum
Thanks for advice Dyim.....is the commission number something that would typically be available before lock in? I did get as close to 4 weeks from an designated lock in date.

I do do sympathize with you guys.....having it sitting close by and not being able to pick it up is a while different level of hell. I would expect them to handle the built cars first, but I also have a hard time believing they can't do both concurrently ......fix existing while restarting production of new.

I.ll prob test drive the miata and check it out as a stop gap, who am I kidding I really want the GTS. Im a mid life crisis gen xer looking to relive some glory days in the face of an automatic transmission and EV tidal wave ....718 is really the only answer

​​​​​
Yes.

V200 is when you really have a car under your name with your custom spec.

V250 is lock date.

Note the time difference between my build.

As I said before, press your SA harder. I have been lied to before about a GT4 allocation, so I am naturally a bit suspicious about what I was told. Losing your allocation 4 weeks before lock sounds fishy to me. Do you have a high or low spec car? If you are not on them, they can just give the allocation to someone with a high spec car, or VIP.

If you are getting a GTS, just shop cross country if your local dealer doesn’t have it for you.

Don't let the lack of local allocation stop you from getting a car you really want.

adeland (09-21-2022)
Old 04-17-2021, 12:58 PM
randombum
Intermediate

DIS295, see that you're a fellow Pennsy guy, i'm in Philly suburbs, how about you? lol, i'm too paranoid to say the specific dealer in case this gets back to them.

DYIM, i'd say its an average spec. approx. US$107k --- adv green/gts interior and most of the upgrades, except for carbon brakes, pdk and burmester. Thank you for showing me that tracking website, i'll be asking for the same info today from salesman. Is that tracking system something you have access too, or does your salesman send you the screenshot? If you had login credentials from the time you put deposit down, i'll really start feeling like a sucker here!

p.s. if this goes sideways for me i'll be happy to share the dealer info.
Old 04-17-2021, 01:55 PM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Received 696 Likes on 324 Posts

My GT Silver BGTS PDK is a May/June production. Original entry in body shop was 05/28 now 06/04. And vehicle completion was 06/04 now 06/11. So about a week later. Delivery to Vancouver,Canada expected August. It’s still a long way off so a lot can change yet.

L

Last edited by P-car-Vancouver; 04-17-2021 at 01:57 PM.
UncleDude (04-17-2021)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...