Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2021, 08:33 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,324 Likes on 2,179 Posts

Originally Posted by REDCOMET
I am afraid I am the one that been waiting for the longest time! Last year Sept I totalled my 2.5 GTS. I originally flipping the coin between GTS 4.0 or GT4 as a replacement, I love the aggressive looks of GT4 but hate GT4 didn't come with memory seat which is kind of a must for me. However, the salesman discourage me for the GT4 since a very long waiting list. And he promise I can have the GTS 4.0 allocation of Jan 2021 build and car will arrive in March.

So I placed my GTS 4.0 order in 2020 Sept. Back in Jan, dealer told me my allocation is delayed and pushed to a March build and then few weeks later, I was told another delay again and will pushed to May build. I told him, I am really upset and is thinking of talking to another dealer. Then a few days later he called me that they have a May GT4 allocation available so I hop on it.

During end of March, Porsche updated their 2022 configurator and then suddenly memory seat being included for the 18 way option. So I called my salesman and asked for confirmation and also email to Porsche Canada. Both told me it is true. So I made a very tough decision to give up the 2021 allocation and move to 2022 allocation and will be a Jan 2022 build. When I was so exciting then found out that "memory seat" option on GT4 sounds like a mistake for Canadian market. Everywhere in the world didn't have this option so very unlikely Porsche only offer this to Canadian market. So seems like I made a big mistake now! Since my invoice did printed memory seat is included so once my car arrive next spring, I will bug them as much as I can to compensate my extra wait that caused by their misleading info.
You must really want those seats!
The following users liked this post:
randombum (04-18-2021)
Old 04-19-2021, 12:49 AM
REDCOMET
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleDude
You must really want those seats!
Yes. My wife & I switch seat very often. Memory seat save us a lot of trouble. So bucket seat is an absolutely no for us
Old 04-20-2021, 12:05 AM
CTDiesel
Advanced

Received 114 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by OldJohnBoy
I placed an order for a GTS 4.0 in early February with a lock date of April 28 and delivery date of July 23. Those dates had remained unchanged until I spoke with my SA last week. When he checked the Porsche tracking system, my order showed no lock date but with a delivery date changed to July 31. He wasn't sure whether that meant that my vehicle was still scheduled for production as originally planned but with a slightly later delivery date or whether my order time frame was being changed to the stop order situation. If anyone else has a lock date in April or May, what have you been able to find out as to whether our orders are being delayed or not? Thanks.
My car has an April 26 lock date, which hasn't changed, but my delivery date got pushed back from July 30 to August 6. I'm told (and based on experience with other manufacturers, it makes sense) that little moves like this are not unusual and likely have nothing to do with the stop-sale. Mine could be related to the PTS or CXX options I ordered . . . or not.
Old 04-20-2021, 02:10 AM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Received 803 Likes on 360 Posts

Bought a 981 for transportation while Porsche sorted out the conrods. Someone ran a stop sign. I guess I’ll be driving the 981 for a few years as I’ll lose my shirt trading it in.

Old 04-20-2021, 02:14 AM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Received 696 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by sanderabernathy
Bought a 981 for transportation while Porsche sorted out the conrods. Someone ran a stop sign. I guess I’ll be driving the 981 for a few years as I’ll lose my shirt trading it in.

Ouch!! Sorry to hear...
Old 04-20-2021, 07:08 AM
Reedy
Burning Brakes

Received 1,060 Likes on 466 Posts

Here's a question while we are waiting for our cars. Do Porsche send you photos of your car as its being assembled on the production line? Mine is due to enter production in about 3 weeks so i'll be bugging my SA for any news he has as it's being built!

Last edited by Reedy; 04-20-2021 at 07:10 AM.
The following users liked this post:
SpyderGent (01-11-2023)
Old 04-20-2021, 07:38 AM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 548 Posts

Are you in the USA?

I thought you can make a diminished value claim against the other party since they are at fault?
Old 04-20-2021, 07:52 AM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Received 803 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyim
Are you in the USA?

I thought you can make a diminished value claim against the other party since they are at fault?
Yes I'm in the US and will be seeking a payment for diminished value. In fact, I've already spoken with a consultant who will be providing an estimate of the amount of the diminished value claim and helping me hash it out with the insurer of the other party who was at fault. However, I'm not optimistic that's going to resolve the issue. We will see.

Update: Oh and of course he is uninsured. The state's system shows he has insurance but Geico says it lapsed in 2018.

Last edited by sanderabernathy; 04-20-2021 at 10:41 AM.
Old 04-20-2021, 08:00 AM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by Reedy
Here's a question while we are waiting for our cars. Do Porsche send you photos of your car as its being assembled on the production line? Mine is due to enter production in about 3 weeks so i'll be bugging my SA for any news he has as it's being built!
This is what I got. The day it went V334, exit factory compound.

When you click on the pic, a higher resolution image loads up.

The little car icon is also my exact build, quite neat.

Now this is all such a big tease since I have to wait for a few more months for this conrod fiasco to sort itself out. In the meantime, all I have is this stupid page to look at for possibly 6 months since production until I get the car.. While and on RL. Instead of enjoying my vert in the short Canadian open top season. FWP, I know...

The following 2 users liked this post by Dyim:
P-car-Vancouver (04-20-2021), SpyderGent (01-11-2023)
Old 04-20-2021, 08:25 AM
Reedy
Burning Brakes

Received 1,060 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyim
This is what I got. The day it went V334, exit factory compound.

When you click on the pic, a higher resolution image loads up.

The little car icon is also my exact build, quite neat.
Now this is all such a big tease since I have to wait for a few more months for this conrod fiasco to sort itself out. In the meantime, all I have is this stupid page to look at for possibly 6 months since production until I get the car.. While and on RL. Instead of enjoying my vert in the short Canadian open top season. FWP, I know...

This is awesome. Altho I don't have a my.porsche account so might need to get one set up.
Old 04-20-2021, 08:03 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,324 Likes on 2,179 Posts

Yes I'm in the US and will be seeking a payment for diminished value. In fact, I've already spoken with a consultant who will be providing an estimate of the amount of the diminished value claim and helping me hash it out with the insurer of the other party who was at fault. However, I'm not optimistic that's going to resolve the issue. We will see.

Update: Oh and of course he is uninsured. The state's system shows he has insurance but Geico says it lapsed in 2018.
Oh no! You are due for a break.
The following 3 users liked this post by UncleDude:
987SCoupe (04-21-2021), P-car-Vancouver (04-20-2021), Zeus993 (04-21-2021)
Old 04-21-2021, 11:11 AM
OldJohnBoy
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CTDiesel
My car has an April 26 lock date, which hasn't changed, but my delivery date got pushed back from July 30 to August 6. I'm told (and based on experience with other manufacturers, it makes sense) that little moves like this are not unusual and likely have nothing to do with the stop-sale. Mine could be related to the PTS or CXX options I ordered . . . or not.
Thanks for the reply. Your situation sounds very similar to mine, so I hope that my delivery date has just been moved from July 23 to July 31.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:16 AM
OldJohnBoy
Track Day

Originally Posted by Reedy
My understanding is that Porsche has an app called "Track Your Porsche" that allows customers with custom orders to track the status of their orders including cameras at two locations on the assembly line. This app was originally set up for the 911 production line a year or so ago, but has now been expanded to the 718 and Taycan production lines.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:55 AM
OldJohnBoy
Track Day

My understanding is that Porsche has an app called "Track Your Porsche" that allows customers with custom orders to track the status of their orders including cameras at two locations on the assembly line. This app was originally set up for the 911 production line a year or so ago, but has now been expanded to the 718 and Taycan production lines.
Correction --- the app is called "Track Your Dream."
Old 04-21-2021, 12:03 PM
Big Belly 711
Instructor

Received 126 Likes on 58 Posts

I'm trying this but it asks for 'proof of ownership' before letting you in...since it's not here in the US yet I'm not yet the owner....not sure how to get past this point, so emailed Porsche Customer Support....we'll advise if they respond...

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...