Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2022, 04:27 PM
aclicky
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
Honestly I'm probably freaking out for no reason. TYD says it will be at the dealership on 11/18 and its been saying that for the last 4 months so no reason to doubt it. Even when other dates were pushed it still had that date. My car is supposed to be on a ship today but TYD hasn't updated to show that milestone yet. I assume it will update over the weekend same as when it arrived at Emden and also when it finished production.
My dates still show 11/4 dealership arrival and my SA calling me to know the same (early November). Getting close (barring any external delays)!
Old 10-07-2022, 04:46 PM
mslam02
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by aclicky
My dates still show 11/4 dealership arrival and my SA calling me to know the same (early November). Getting close (barring any external delays)!
im also 11/4 Delivery! 🤙
Old 10-07-2022, 05:45 PM
patdonahue
Pro

Received 402 Likes on 186 Posts

Mine was showing 11/4 and last weekend went to 12/16. a 40-day delay in catchin' da boat. The car was shipped to Emden 9/27. Lots of shuffling gone on, meanwhile it "sits on the dock on the bay"
Old 10-07-2022, 08:03 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,366 Likes on 745 Posts

Running out of YouTube videos to watch. What else is there to do whilst one waits...
Old 10-07-2022, 08:14 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,262 Likes on 707 Posts

Originally Posted by John Mclane
Running out of YouTube videos to watch. What else is there to do whilst one waits...
I'm a young man so I watch a lot of e-sports. League of Legends World tournament is going on right now and its helping me get my mind off my car lol
Old 10-07-2022, 08:31 PM
ausgang
Racer

Received 386 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by John Mclane
This should be worth two viewings. After that you'll have to switch topics -- to something like Mentour Pilot or Smarter Every Day.

Old 10-07-2022, 10:29 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,366 Likes on 745 Posts

Originally Posted by ausgang
This should be worth two viewings. After that you'll have to switch topics -- to something like Mentour Pilot or Smarter Every Day.

I'm subscriber to smarter every day. Also veritasium, Vsauce, school of life
For zoning out, hoovies, vinwiki, autogeful, hagerty
A good laugh - KLR productions

I don't think there's a watchable 718 GT4 or Spyder vídeo left. Besides, 90% of the time they say the same things.
Old 10-07-2022, 11:18 PM
Jay9722
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

Everything changed overnight! Last night I was still in “Start Production” with a start date of 9/26 and a scheduled completion on 10/07. As of this morning TYD shows me “In Transit to Emden Port.” Progress feels good.
The following users liked this post:
Xxyion (10-08-2022)
Old 10-08-2022, 01:56 AM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,262 Likes on 707 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay9722
Everything changed overnight! Last night I was still in “Start Production” with a start date of 9/26 and a scheduled completion on 10/07. As of this morning TYD shows me “In Transit to Emden Port.” Progress feels good.
congrats! Thats basically what happened to me. It was scheduled in production a good week past the listed date, and then all of a sudden in the span of 3 days it completed production, went CP8.0, and then was in transit to Emden. Took about a week for it to get to Emden but it is right on time. Its supposed to be on the boat today but TYD hasnt updated yet so i assume it'll be like all the other updates and all of a sudden i'll see that its on the ship.

That being said i have noticed ive been checking this thread more and more the closer the delivery of my car gets haha.
Old 10-08-2022, 07:10 AM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,138 Likes on 641 Posts

This is a strange phase. SIEM Confucius just docked at Baltimore overnight. I could literally get in my car and drive to go see the ship if I wanted to badly enough.

I've read on various threads that port processing could take anywhere from a day to several weeks. Looks like most folks are getting handed the keys roughly about a week after it arrives in port, which would put it right on time with the estimates from TYD that were updated right around the summer break in late August. Like others, however, my initial estimate for arrival was late August...

But ****'s crazy. It's not even almost here... it IS here. Yet still I have to wait...

I too have resorted to watching YouTube videos I've already watched 10 times.
Old 10-08-2022, 09:03 AM
bulkychipmonk
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 49 Posts

I feel your pain! Mine sat at Jacksonville port from August 5th to September 26th! Finally collecting it October 18th at PEC Atlanta. Ironically, I live in the Baltimore area.

Also watching the same YouTube videos I’ve been watching for the last 12 months. Here’s a couple of my favorites, since my car is a CGTS:
Hope your wait isn’t too much longer!

Originally Posted by manifold danger
This is a strange phase. SIEM Confucius just docked at Baltimore overnight. I could literally get in my car and drive to go see the ship if I wanted to badly enough.

I've read on various threads that port processing could take anywhere from a day to several weeks. Looks like most folks are getting handed the keys roughly about a week after it arrives in port, which would put it right on time with the estimates from TYD that were updated right around the summer break in late August. Like others, however, my initial estimate for arrival was late August...

But ****'s crazy. It's not even almost here... it IS here. Yet still I have to wait...

I too have resorted to watching YouTube videos I've already watched 10 times.
The following 2 users liked this post by bulkychipmonk:
manifold danger (10-08-2022), TripleL (10-13-2022)
Old 10-08-2022, 11:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Mine updated this morning. Completed a week earlier than the last estimate and ready to transport.
Old 10-08-2022, 07:10 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,138 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally Posted by bulkychipmonk
I feel your pain! Mine sat at Jacksonville port from August 5th to September 26th! Finally collecting it October 18th at PEC Atlanta. Ironically, I live in the Baltimore area.
I live in the Baltimore area too, we should plan to meet up on a PCA drive or AX or something! I also occasionally trek to cars and coffee but haven't been to one yet this year, but the weather should hold out for a few more weeks so I was planning on getting some drives in before the weather turns (probably after too on some all seasons because this will be a year round car for me).

I am a bit curious about why your car sat for almost two months at port; there has to be extenuating circumstances right? Was it waiting for a PEC appt, Bose, combination of the two plus other issues? That wait would be unbearable... but I did spec the Bose so I'm a bit nervous.
Old 10-08-2022, 07:43 PM
bulkychipmonk
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by manifold danger
I live in the Baltimore area too, we should plan to meet up on a PCA drive or AX or something! I also occasionally trek to cars and coffee but haven't been to one yet this year, but the weather should hold out for a few more weeks so I was planning on getting some drives in before the weather turns (probably after too on some all seasons because this will be a year round car for me).

I am a bit curious about why your car sat for almost two months at port; there has to be extenuating circumstances right? Was it waiting for a PEC appt, Bose, combination of the two plus other issues? That wait would be unbearable... but I did spec the Bose so I'm a bit nervous.
Yeah, meet up would be outstanding. I’m originally from the UK and haven’t met anyone that shares my crazy passion of cars yet 😁

Not 100% sure about the hold up at the port. Unfortunately couldn’t schedule my appointment at PEC any sooner than I did in October, so it could’ve just been sat waiting for that slot. Once I’d tracked it obsessively over the ocean, and knowing that my PEC appointment wasn’t until mid October I sort of forgot about it for a bit, so I stopped agonizing. I have the Bose too. Flying out to Atlanta one week on Monday, and feeling like a kid with all the excitement!
manifold danger (10-08-2022)
Old 10-08-2022, 07:51 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,067 Posts

It sat in port due to PEC delivery.

They don’t have unlimited space in the garage for all the delivered cars, Porsche restoration cars, employee cars, program cars etc…
manifold danger (10-08-2022)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...