Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Has anyone found an exhaust solution they absolutely love?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 11:00 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 600 Likes on 268 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by IRM
I am running CARGRAPHIC valve controller and X-Pipe Racing exhaust on my Spyder. The sound is amazing - it keeps the nice Porsche tone we all love (I believe) and boosts its deepness. However I want a little bit more sound and just pulled the trigger on CARGRAPHIC OAP with flow-optimized OPF. 4-6 weeks waiting time ahead. Anyone running this combo out there? The closest I have seen/heard is this from CARGRAPHIC themselves:

CARGRAPHIC full sport exhaust system

But I don't want to mess with the headers on top. My solution is for Europe and does not require any reprogramming / no engine lights will pop.

Cheers!
This is why i have been a loyal Cargraphic supplier for almost 15 years. It is the only system i sell because it was created to add performance for the track and street, not sell on the web!

Originally Posted by 808c2s
Cargraphic Headers + 200 cell cats will not give you a cel nor do you need any reprogrammig per their website. If you want that glorious Flat-6 wail that Porsche is known for, you definitely need the Headers+Cat+OPF Optimized flow OAP+X-Pipe Racing..Just like the one in their video.
Agreed!

[QUOTE=jmartpr;17398804]
Originally Posted by lovetoturn

That would be perfect! I have been tempted to get the Cargraphics Racing X Muffler but will wait a bit more to see what Dundon is developing.
Not if i can help it!

Originally Posted by jmartpr
Hi John...need to talk (or e-mail) about that ECU Flash.
IMHO you can run race headers and OAP with or without a resonator or cat...what you really need is a rear muffler that's light, mixes both banks and if possible with valves.
The Cargraphics Racing X looks like a very good candidate but want to see what else is on the horizon.
Let's talk tune when you are ready my friend. I did a stock baseline, then a flashed baseline and then finally dumped the OAPs and the stock manifolds with cats and swapped them for our Cargraphic catless race manifold. I drove around town with no CELs (i had to use the hardware trickery) and no drivability issues. What i have concluded is that there is a fair amount of restriction in the stock rear mufflers BUT with the loud *** idle on this car in warmup mode, if you want to get arrested or divorced, i'd be hesitant to ever go full race with this thing.

In conclusion, the tune adds about 20rwhp and 20lb/ft but i think that the restriction up top is the exhaust via the cats. When you remove those, THEN the tune can make power all the way to the top. This car has the best looking stock power band of any non-GT Porsche motor i have ever seen.

The ECU is locked up. At the moment Cobb is still in development of their software and probably will be for another 9 months so. HOWEVER, i have a tune for the car, the ability to flash it via the OBD OR the ecu but i must get to your car OR you have to send me your ECU. I can have it turned around though in 24 hours. I've been running it now for a few months. No issues. Anyone who sees this car and has been on the fence about exhaust has pulled the trigger on the same system i have. Everyone who has gone for a ride in it has asked to buy it.

Old 04-30-2021, 12:28 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 758 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
What i have concluded is that there is a fair amount of restriction in the stock rear mufflers BUT with the loud *** idle on this car in warmup mode, if you want to get arrested or divorced, i'd be hesitant to ever go full race with this thing.
🙌🏻☝🏻this
Old 04-30-2021, 12:35 PM
Alpha Ice
Burning Brakes

Received 458 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Installed my catless headers along with the Akra side pipes with the OEM muffler and drove the car. Sounds perfect, so subtle sounding just cruising around but then a nice aggressive sound when you get into it. I totally feel a pick up in power in the low and middle RPM range.
Are you able to gather some sound clips with reasonable quality of audio for us to enjoy?! Everything I've seen has me drooling over swapping out the headers/cats and factory OAPs. Glad to hear you love it!
Old 04-30-2021, 12:37 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 758 Likes on 448 Posts

Best sound clips in my experience = i phone from reasonably far away(10m +).
Old 05-01-2021, 08:05 AM
MannyLon
Instructor

Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

My BCF exhaust fitting

The following 2 users liked this post by MannyLon:
alwaysdriving (05-01-2021), josephr25 (05-03-2021)
Old 05-02-2021, 11:48 PM
Reedy
Burning Brakes

Received 1,079 Likes on 472 Posts

Anyone know who these Triple F guys are are on Youtube? I've never heard of them before yesterday but they have one seriously ridiculous car collection.

Whoever they are, they have a JCR exhaust now and made a video about it, but have done exactly nothing in terms of providing useable informative content.

1. What system are they running? Is it just the rear section? Do they have headers or OAP's as well? The car sounds amazing in the video but it's also professionally produced so the audio might not be representative.
2. They say that JCR are based out of Germany which is not true
3. They go back and forth on whether it is straight piped or valved but don't definitively say. They put one photo up that appears to be the JCR race pipe, can't tell whether it's a silenced unit or not and can't tell whether other parts have been replaced either.

Last edited by Reedy; 05-03-2021 at 12:38 AM.
Old 05-03-2021, 01:49 AM
josephr25
Burning Brakes

Received 628 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by Reedy
Anyone know who these Triple F guys are are on Youtube? I've never heard of them before yesterday but they have one seriously ridiculous car collection.

Whoever they are, they have a JCR exhaust now and made a video about it, but have done exactly nothing in terms of providing useable informative content.
http://youtu.be/iLjzdLS0CDQ

1. What system are they running? Is it just the rear section? Do they have headers or OAP's as well? The car sounds amazing in the video but it's also professionally produced so the audio might not be representative.
3. They go back and forth on whether it is straight piped or valved but don't definitively say. They put one photo up that appears to be the JCR race pipe, can't tell whether it's a silenced unit or not and can't tell whether other parts have been replaced either.
View this post on Instagram
Old 05-03-2021, 03:43 AM
Reedy
Burning Brakes

Yep, it seemed too loud to just be the race pipe.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:44 AM
998R
Instructor

Received 320 Likes on 112 Posts

I tried watching the video but seriously, these guys are unwatchable (also didn’t realise JCR was in Germany).

Cheers,
Harry.
The following users liked this post:
josephr25 (05-03-2021)
Old 05-03-2021, 07:13 AM
Reedy
Burning Brakes

Yea tell me about it. I have no idea where all this money came from to afford a car collection like that, but it definitely wasn't any of the people we're seeing on screen.
josephr25 (05-03-2021)
Old 05-03-2021, 02:26 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

1. JCR NON SILENCED VALVED RACE PIPE / JCR INCONEL ROLLED TIPS / JCR TITANIUM LINK PIPES (NON SILENCED)

2. Hah, nope. UK

3. everything rear of the stock manifolds have been replaced

Originally Posted by 998R
I tried watching the video but seriously, these guys are unwatchable (also didn’t realise JCR was in Germany).

Cheers,
Harry.
We’re not, the guys actually reached out after the video went live to apologise. I explained our German isn’t great

Yea tell me about it. I have no idea where all this money came from to afford a car collection like that, but it definitely wasn't any of the people we're seeing on screen.
You may be surprised on that.

They’re a really great bunch of guys

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
josephr25 (05-03-2021)
Old 05-03-2021, 02:34 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by akissing997718
Hi Larry -

so it sounds like you’re running Soul OAP in compunction with stock set up otherwise at the moment? Sorry - difficult so sort through all the comments but I tried. If that’s the case and you’re switching to a different brand, what didn’t you like about the Soul? My GTS is affected by the stop sale so spending my time trying to figure out the right set up.

thanks
Alex
Nope, its Soul OAP w/Akrapovic slip on, it sounds great but for me its simply too loud for extended trips, I just get tired to listening to it SHOUTING ALL THE TIME WHEN YOU GIVE IT ANY THROTTLE AT ALL...

I think the combination of the "straight thru" design of the Soul OAP and the Akra simply transmits too much volume ... hopefully the CarGraphic flow optimized OAPs will mute it somwhat!

Caveat Emptor here, sound is a very subjective thing - what I find obnoxiously LOUD other might think is nothing to complain about... I personally dont know how some of these guys are "enjoying" race-like setups ... would love to get a Db measure of some of them!
Old 05-03-2021, 03:21 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,662 Likes on 2,713 Posts

HA! That is almost exactly what my Spyder sounds like, simply FANTASTIC!
Old 05-03-2021, 06:17 PM
YMGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 57 Posts

I just picked up my GT4 w/ pdk after having Dundon Street Headers installed. I'm pretty amazed with how close to stock it is driving around town and on the highway (doesn't drone anymore than stock imo), but when you let it rip it the sound is totally epic. Would highly recommend this setup, plus it definitely pulls harder. I bought this system with a bit of blind faith (though knew it would be quality given its Dundon) as I haven't met anyone locally who has one installed and the online videos from Dundon are a bit lacking if I'm honest.
sobiloff (05-03-2021)
Old 05-03-2021, 06:46 PM
Dorian C
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by YMGT4
I just picked up my GT4 w/ pdk after having Dundon Street Headers installed. I'm pretty amazed with how close to stock it is driving around town and on the highway (doesn't drone anymore than stock imo), but when you let it rip it the sound is totally epic. Would highly recommend this setup, plus it definitely pulls harder. I bought this system with a bit of blind faith (though knew it would be quality given its Dundon) as I haven't met anyone locally who has one installed and the online videos from Dundon are a bit lacking if I'm honest.
That's a good one. 30whp with stock sound without drones. What more can you ask? But some will argue that they want sound and don't care about gain.

Quick Reply: Has anyone found an exhaust solution they absolutely love?