Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Has anyone found an exhaust solution they absolutely love?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2021, 04:22 AM
alwaysdriving
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by DocMo
you’re gonna love it. Give it a try with valves connected and disconnected if you want to completely bypass PSE (that’s what I did) for more sound below 4000rpms
I recommend getting the soul valves controller bypass.
- cheap
- works perfect
- 2 settings (like Cargraphic) still keeps the oem PSE map and bypass to full open whenever wanted.

Also for the people who complain about the 2-3k rpm drone in mostly valved exhausts its noticeable and felt when the valves are closed and less obvious when valves fully opened.
its mainly due to the flow of exhaust hitting the small muffler boxs and valves in it so your choice either annoy the people outside when you drive and have much less drone or have valves on and annoy yourself inside lol

i have several people who has ridden with me in my car, a person who loves after market exhausts and some volume from his car enjoys my rides but for people who are quite and love to drive quietly especially in the city they hate the sound that my car produces.... those people would even love driving EV for life not because of efficiency but because of silence
Old 04-27-2021, 07:52 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,474 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by alwaysdriving
I recommend getting the soul valves controller bypass.
- cheap
- works perfect
- 2 settings (like Cargraphic) still keeps the oem PSE map and bypass to full open whenever wanted.

Also for the people who complain about the 2-3k rpm drone in mostly valved exhausts its noticeable and felt when the valves are closed and less obvious when valves fully opened.
its mainly due to the flow of exhaust hitting the small muffler boxs and valves in it so your choice either annoy the people outside when you drive and have much less drone or have valves on and annoy yourself inside lol

i have several people who has ridden with me in my car, a person who loves after market exhausts and some volume from his car enjoys my rides but for people who are quite and love to drive quietly especially in the city they hate the sound that my car produces.... those people would even love driving EV for life not because of efficiency but because of silence
The drone is also present in exhaust system without valves, like the Soul Race system (with or without resonators)...try it myself.
On sound...well there's loud, nice, sonorous, proper Porsche sound and then their's loud, obnoxious, raspy sound......I love the first one but these cars can fall into the second one very easily.
This is very subjective but IMHO these cars need something in the exhaust path to attenuate the sound.....it can be loud but has to sound nice....still looking for the solution to this.
Old 04-27-2021, 08:50 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 600 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
that's what I am hoping to achieve with the CarGraphics OAP & Akra slipon
Yeah, what he said! Cargraphic FTW!

Originally Posted by jmartpr
The drone is also present in exhaust system without valves, like the Soul Race system (with or without resonators)...try it myself.
On sound...well there's loud, nice, sonorous, proper Porsche sound and then their's loud, obnoxious, raspy sound......I love the first one but these cars can fall into the second one very easily.
This is very subjective but IMHO these cars need something in the exhaust path to attenuate the sound.....it can be loud but has to sound nice....still looking for the solution to this.
This is why I love our working relationship. I go on here and make suggestions whose replies make my brain hurt and then you call and we have a technical discussion and make a plan. And it works!

I have your ECU flash my friend and I may even discount the crap out of it given your support from the Caribbean!
Old 04-27-2021, 10:34 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
Yeah, what he said! Cargraphic FTW!

This is why I love our working relationship. I go on here and make suggestions whose replies make my brain hurt and then you call and we have a technical discussion and make a plan. And it works!

I have your ECU flash my friend and I may even discount the crap out of it given your support from the Caribbean!

Hi John...need to talk (or e-mail) about that ECU Flash.
IMHO you can run race headers and OAP with or without a resonator or cat...what you really need is a rear muffler that's light, mixes both banks and if possible with valves.
The Cargraphics Racing X looks like a very good candidate but want to see what else is on the horizon.
Old 04-27-2021, 10:45 AM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 576 Likes on 271 Posts

that's what I am hoping to achieve with the CarGraphics OAP & Akra slipon
you'll be 100% satisfied with this set-up. let us know how you like it!
Old 04-27-2021, 02:49 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by neurotic
you'll be 100% satisfied with this set-up. let us know how you like it!
will do - just waiting for the CarGraphic "flow optimized" OAPs (w/heat shielding) to arrive from Germany (within the next 2 wks or so, 4-6 wks from order to delivery), then I will replace the Soul OAPs with the CG pipes ...

I'll do a Db comparison of the two combinations ...

Last edited by Larry Cable; 04-27-2021 at 02:50 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DocMo (04-27-2021)
Old 04-27-2021, 03:06 PM
808c2s
Burning Brakes

Received 461 Likes on 188 Posts

will do - just waiting for the CarGraphic "flow optimized" OAPs (w/heat shielding) to arrive from Germany (within the next 2 wks or so, 4-6 wks from order to delivery), then I will replace the Soul OAPs with the CG pipes ...

Looking forward to it
Old 04-27-2021, 04:51 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,662 Likes on 2,713 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Doc, you are still running OEM GPF right?
Originally Posted by DocMo
yes, still running OEM GPF. As you might remember I tried JCR non-silenced race exhaust in combination with Akra OAPs and it was too loud (RSR levels) with significant drone below 4000rpms.
That's what I thought, sometimes people change things and I didn't want to make comment without knowing the current configuration. So mine is nearly identical to what you 'had' the very slight difference in pipes silenced versus non-silenced is less than 1 dB, the other difference is that I can let the OEM PSE take over and help keep the drone at bay with closed valves and a silencer in that path.
Old 04-27-2021, 08:13 PM
No Name
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

I might be the first one installing
1. Dundon street headers
2. Cargraphics valved race/x pipe exhaust.
Old 04-27-2021, 08:18 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 758 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by No Name
1. Dundon street headers
U probably are. Im going a similar route with the bc fabs street headers and cargraphic touring muffler. The headers make it LOUD
currently running aftermarket headers n stock muffler

Last edited by Rennolazine; 04-27-2021 at 08:19 PM.
Old 04-27-2021, 08:18 PM
jacksot
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by No Name
1. Dundon street headers
That should sound amazing! When is the install happening?
Old 04-27-2021, 08:30 PM
No Name
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jacksot
That should sound amazing! When is the install happening?

Getting the Dundon street headers tomorrow, when they posted the slightly used one on sale, snatched those up real quick. Just waiting on the Cargraphics exhaust from Eric, Supremepower, I believe they are on a 2-4 week wait times.
Old 04-27-2021, 08:40 PM
akissing997718
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 16 Posts

I'll do a Db comparison of the two combinations
Hi Larry -

so it sounds like you’re running Soul OAP in compunction with stock set up otherwise at the moment? Sorry - difficult so sort through all the comments but I tried. If that’s the case and you’re switching to a different brand, what didn’t you like about the Soul? My GTS is affected by the stop sale so spending my time trying to figure out the right set up.

thanks
Alex

Old 04-27-2021, 08:49 PM
Wei718
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 52 Posts

Please let me hear it in person before you rip it off. 😃
Old 04-27-2021, 10:05 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
U probably are. Im going a similar route with the bc fabs street headers and cargraphic touring muffler. The headers make it LOUD
currently running aftermarket headers n stock muffler

Looking forward to the results.......

Quick Reply: Has anyone found an exhaust solution they absolutely love?