Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Has anyone found an exhaust solution they absolutely love?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2021, 12:23 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,474 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable

This one:
https://www.cargraphic.de/en/your-ve...gt4opfnomerss/

Old 04-08-2021, 01:45 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,662 Likes on 2,713 Posts

Originally Posted by mprog
I’ll be installing a valved and silenced JCR exhaust today and tomorrow, and I think I’m going to absolutely love it .
Will report back , hopefully with some videos from my 105dB track day at Laguna Seca on Saturday.
Today and tomorrow...? Should be done in a couple of hours!

Just the rear section right, OEM OAP'S stay in place?
The following users liked this post:
mprog (04-08-2021)
Old 04-08-2021, 01:47 PM
mprog
Racer

Received 186 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Today and tomorrow...? Should be done in a couple of hours!

Just the rear section right, OEM OAP'S stay in place?
Yeah, but I gotta do it in between meetings and keeping my kids from burning down the house 😉
Old 04-08-2021, 02:23 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
suffers from the same malady (for me at least) that all the other straight thru pipes do ...
Old 04-08-2021, 02:24 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

I’ll be installing a valved and silenced JCR exhaust today and tomorrow, and I think I’m going to absolutely love it .
Will report back , hopefully with some videos from my 105dB track day at Laguna Seca on Saturday.
unicorn!
Old 04-09-2021, 02:01 AM
No Name
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

unicorn!
When do you receive your Cargraphic OPF?
Old 04-09-2021, 02:41 AM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,388 Likes on 816 Posts

Originally Posted by No Name
When do you receive your Cargraphic OPF?
ships within 6 weeks

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Old 04-09-2021, 12:57 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

my alter ego Eric!
Old 04-11-2021, 06:15 PM
works_team
Racer

Received 103 Likes on 56 Posts

Any update? 😁
Old 04-11-2021, 08:32 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 576 Likes on 271 Posts

Might be a controversial statement but I think all you need is an OPF delete (pick your flavor) plus a valve controller....car sounds great!

don’t see the need to make the car ear bleeding loud....but what do I know
Old 04-11-2021, 08:35 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by neurotic
Might be a controversial statement but I think all you need is an OPF delete (pick your flavor) plus a valve controller....car sounds great!

don’t see the need to make the car ear bleeding loud....but what do I know
For the most part you are correct - I am adding Soul Sport Headers w/high flow cats for some added power and deepness but just OPF deletes will work for 99% of those that want extra sound. I have an extra set if someone is interested - PM me for details.
Old 04-11-2021, 09:19 PM
GT4_trip
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Exhaust set up

My current set up is what I plan on keeping. Evolution below.

1. valve controller: let me hear the stock set up in all RPM ranges. Drone in certain rpm ranges
2. Gutted stock OAP: increased volume by 10-15%. Slight increase in drone.
3. JCR silenced rear section: transformed the tone, flat 6 howl. Drone actually is better than what I had with just gutted OAP and stock rear section.

dont think I want to make the sound louder. Very livable on daily. Might be the middle ground between stock OAP + JCR rear ( not enough volume) and AM OAP + JCR muffler (loud, but too much drone based on what people report)

Old 04-11-2021, 09:40 PM
Thefullsend
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

suffers from the same malady (for me at least) that all the other straight thru pipes do ...
what’s wrong with them in your eyes?
Old 04-12-2021, 12:09 PM
mprog
Racer

Received 186 Likes on 115 Posts

I got my JCR Silenced Valved exhaust and installed it myself on Quick Jacks. Installation wasn’t bad at all. Removing the stock exhaust was very straightforward.

The JCR exhaust is gorgeous. Welds (to my layman eyes) look incredible. The whole assembly is a fraction of the weight of the stock exhaust. To make installation easier I loosened all the section clamps, which let me get it bolted to the OAP studs more easily (but still takes some elbow grease). To connect the factory vacuum lines you remove the metal clamp, and I confirmed with Jonny that you can just force the lines on the new valve connectors (nipples?) and they should stay on (I also used high temp zip ties to hold the lines in place on the diagonal support beams under the car, which will make sense to you when you’re under there). The support bracket then bolts to one of the factory support locations and you clamp the exhaust to it (also took some muscle, and it forces the whole assembly to align better and is held there pretty rigidly). Then make sure nothing is touching the heat shields (these are easily pushed out of the way to make more room if need be) and tighten down all the clamps again. After a good heat cycle, and things have cooled down completely, torque everything down again.

But yeah, the things screams! It’s f’ing awesome. There’s a very cool transition noise between throttle being applied and when you stop that’s really great and doesn’t come out in videos. In the high RPM’s it’s exactly the sound you want from a GT car.

Unfortunately my track day wasn’t great... 105dB brings out a lot of people, including a lot of drivers who think they’re racing and both don’t drive predictable lines nor do they let you pass. Additionally, I forgot my microphone assembly and so the microphones are just saturated with wind noise. I’m gonna try to get some recordings on the street when I can find some time.

Awesome exhaust ! I knew I wanted it from the first videos I saw of Jonny driving the JCR 718 GT4, and I’m super happy with it.

The following users liked this post:
Alpha Ice (04-29-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 12:25 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,474 Likes on 918 Posts

[QUOTE=mprog;17360521Unfortunately my track day wasn’t great... 105dB brings out a lot of people, including a lot of drivers who think they’re racing and both don’t drive predictable lines nor do they let you pass. Additionally, I forgot my microphone assembly and so the microphones are just saturated with wind noise. I’m gonna try to get some recordings on the street when I can find some time.
[/QUOTE]

Glad you like the JCR.....I'm moving to a Dundon Street header setup this week so will report on that one.
Do you plan to upgrade the OAP or the headers?

There's always an A-Hole that doesn't know the difference between a DE/Track Day and Racing, and usually they are the more problematic/less capable drivers....we usually black flag them besides a pit lane chat with yours truly (i'm the regional CDI) .
Next time go into the pit lane for a drive through and let them go.

Quick Reply: Has anyone found an exhaust solution they absolutely love?