Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2024, 03:41 AM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by mc3456
Both customs and shipping costs are significant.
I paid $ 143. 00 import tax for my $ 4150.00 BC Fabs muffler from the UK. Shipping was free for the BC Fabs and it was included in the Kline invoice for a relatively small sum. One can easily find what that is on the UPS website. Regardless, the prices of the Kline from all retailers is similar ( so not singling out any specific one) and they certainly are entitled to charge whatever they want for a desirable product. I just found it amusing.

Last edited by subwoofer; 07-01-2024 at 03:59 AM.
The following users liked this post:
tigerhonaker (07-01-2024)
Old 07-01-2024, 07:52 AM
rescueswimmer
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by subwoofer
I paid $ 143. 00 import tax for my $ 4150.00 BC Fabs muffler from the UK. Shipping was free for the BC Fabs and it was included in the Kline invoice for a relatively small sum. One can easily find what that is on the UPS website. Regardless, the prices of the Kline from all retailers is similar ( so not singling out any specific one) and they certainly are entitled to charge whatever they want for a desirable product. I just found it amusing.
Me 2. I'm sure the sales volume is not that great. Considering the limited supply of these cars, and the people who own them.
Old 07-03-2024, 08:03 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

One (of the many) pleasing and pleasant aspect of my new Kline exhaust is the hum when off throttle from higher rpms. When passing on a narrow two lane country road, I am often at engine speeds of 6k rpm or higher. It is a very sweet sound as the engine speed winds down. . Reminds me of my old 981 Boxster. I really missed that and now I have it back. For me, It is not all about the screaming sound on throttle. This is a very cleverly-engineered piece of noise making. Kudos to the engineers at Kline. Anyone can make noise but the quality of that noise is important too. Perhaps more so than sheer decibels.
The following 4 users liked this post by subwoofer:
impinth06 (07-03-2024), Josh_357 (07-03-2024), LooseNut (07-03-2024), UncleDude (07-03-2024)
Old 07-03-2024, 09:14 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,398 Likes on 2,210 Posts

One (of the many) pleasing and pleasant aspect of my new Kline exhaust is the hum when off throttle from higher rpms. When passing on a narrow two lane country road, I am often at engine speeds of 6k rpm or higher. It is a very sweet sound as the engine speed winds down. . Reminds me of my old 981 Boxster. I really missed that and now I have it back. For me, It is not all about the screaming sound on throttle. This is a very cleverly-engineered piece of noise making. Kudos to the engineers at Kline. Anyone can make noise but the quality of that noise is important too. Perhaps more so than sheer decibels.
We hate to say we told you so but.................

Agree, there are many characteristics that make it a fine (OEM level IMO) quality system. I love the sound around 4000 rpm with the collar mod just before the valves open. It is smooth and exotic sounding, I also like the character of the exhaust on downshifts. During normal driving I get a nice blend of intake sound and exhaust, and I just got back from a top down drive with the windows down and ya, pretty ****ing great.
Old 07-03-2024, 09:58 PM
mc3456
Rennlist Member

Received 432 Likes on 255 Posts

I thought you mentioned that your valves are wide open right now, but if you get to try valves closed too and then floor it, you’ll be surprised how much it sounds like a really enhanced stock Flat 6. I only recently started closing the valves, and that’s kind of a nice change of pace too when under load. Congrats in your new Kline. Glad you’re seeing it now. It’s really special.

Last edited by mc3456; 07-03-2024 at 10:00 PM.
UncleDude (07-03-2024)
Old 07-03-2024, 10:08 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mc3456
I thought you mentioned that your valves are wide open right now, but if you get to try valves closed too and then floor it, you’ll be surprised how much it sounds like a really enhanced stock Flat 6. I only recently started closing the valves, and that’s kind of a nice change of pace too when under load. Congrats in your new Kline. Glad you’re seeing it now. It’s really special.
Yeah valves are open. It is not that loud to me. Very sweet exhaust. Right now it is so new to me that I am just enjoying all that music and not really thinking about anything else. It really is not that much louder than PSE in my 981 Boxster S.
Old 07-03-2024, 10:58 PM
6IXSPD
Rennlist Member

Received 756 Likes on 272 Posts

Kline has somehow nailed everything with this exhaust for the 4.0 718s:
  • GT-sounding higher pitch
  • no unwanted drone
  • notable weight savings
  • quiet valve-closed mode
  • Amazing valve-open mode that’s not unbearable

I absolutely love mine and I’m so glad I didn’t cheap out with other solutions. I mostly drive with the valves open and not once have I found it too loud, even cruising along.

The ability to significantly quieten the exhaust is so handy for early morning or late night drives without disturbing the household/neighbors.
The following 5 users liked this post by 6IXSPD:
BoxKing (07-04-2024), LooseNut (07-04-2024), rescueswimmer (07-03-2024), revcon (07-05-2024), subwoofer (07-03-2024)
Old 07-03-2024, 11:01 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 6IXSPD
  • no unwanted drone
  • notable weight savings

I absolutely love mine and I’m so glad I didn’t cheap out with other solutions. I mostly drive with the valves open and not once have I found it too loud, even cruising along.

The ability to significantly quieten the exhaust is so handy for early morning or late night drives without disturbing the household/neighbors.
Do you have a valve controller? How easy is it to install?
Old 07-03-2024, 11:08 PM
6IXSPD
Rennlist Member

Received 756 Likes on 272 Posts

Do you have a valve controller? How easy is it to install?
I have the cargraphic 2-way system. The DIY is straightforward, just the space is tight for popping off the vacuum connector. A good pick and patience is all that’s needed. And not gigantic hands :P

Last edited by 6IXSPD; 07-03-2024 at 11:09 PM.
rescueswimmer (07-03-2024)
Old 07-03-2024, 11:46 PM
rescueswimmer
Intermediate

Did the cargraphic 2 ways system as well. It is super easy to do if you have normal, to small hands. and a long pick. The hardest part for me was just getting the connector to re-align before snapping it in place. , It would just twist ever so slightly out of place. It takes longer to get into the engine cover than it does to do the job.

Old 07-03-2024, 11:47 PM
rescueswimmer
Intermediate

• no unwanted drone
  • notable weight savings

Could not disagree with anything that you said. It is amazing.
6IXSPD (07-04-2024)
Old 07-04-2024, 10:55 PM
silverscooby27
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Cam07
I don’t want to hijack this thread, but this is largely on topic. Does anyone see the need for these aftermarket underbody panels sold to help fill the space that the OEM muffler leaves when moving to an aftermarket set up such as Kline or JCR?

The one shown here is by Verus Engineering. I think I’ve seen a different company offer something similar.
I definitely think this one looks cooler, but I went with the blue spot. I wasn’t even thinking of the cooling issue, makes sense. I just wanted to get back the aero I will lose by losing the square back box. The other reason I didn’t get the Verus is that I was thinking I’d probably get a million stones stuck in there after being kicked up by the tires and they’d be rattling like crazy with no easy way to get them out. I’m still waiting for the Kline Inconel to be manufactured. Painful wait.
The following 2 users liked this post by silverscooby27:
BoxKing (07-05-2024), Cam07 (07-04-2024)
Old 07-04-2024, 11:36 PM
Cam07
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

I would think the manufacturers of these underbody diffusers could easily add a few louvered slats pointed towards the back of the car to draw air out from above which might help with cooling while moving.
Old 07-05-2024, 12:16 AM
incursion
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by silverscooby27
I definitely think this one looks cooler, but I went with the blue spot. I wasn’t even thinking of the cooling issue, makes sense. I just wanted to get back the aero I will lose by losing the square back box. The other reason I didn’t get the Verus is that I was thinking I’d probably get a million stones stuck in there after being kicked up by the tires and they’d be rattling like crazy with no easy way to get them out. I’m still waiting for the Kline Inconel to be manufactured. Painful wait.
I ordered the Blue Spot ones as well.
Old 07-05-2024, 03:05 AM
lovetoturn
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 512 Posts

• no unwanted drone
  • notable weight savings

All of that for the GT4 RS as well. And then you get the last 8000-9000 and it goes all metallica and even higher pitched like a GT3. When you drive home from the track and it’s all civil under 4000 RPMs. Just a stunning achievement by Klein and if you upgrade to inconel it is even a notch better. Do you need the inconel to enjoy the Kline experience. No, not at all. But if you have money burning a hole in your pocket, it takes off 30 pounds and sounds even better.
The following 2 users liked this post by lovetoturn:
6IXSPD (07-05-2024), BoxKing (07-05-2024)

Quick Reply: Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust