Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

who is doing european delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2020, 09:39 AM
Yellow Submarine
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by RyuBraska

On a more serious note...any chance some of passes in Austria / Italy / Switzerland will be open 3rd week of may?
I drove to the Salone del Mobile many times during mid April via the Swiss Alps. Usually didn't bother to go via the passes but I think you have a very good chance they will be open mid May.

Also did a tour of Austrian Alps with my Porsche friends and our ladies last summer which was great fun! Grossglockner is a must...
The following users liked this post:
RyuBraska (01-30-2020)
Old 01-30-2020, 11:20 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,269 Likes on 1,043 Posts

Furka pass is one of the most awesome passes. It doesn't open until mid-June.

https://rove.me/to/switzerland/furka-pass
Old 01-30-2020, 01:38 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,127 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter

Yes, I enjoyed that one with my GT4

Just remember that the Swiss have no sense of humor with respect to speed limits and fines (huge). I am told that the Austrian passes are also spectacular and they are more like the Germans with respect to speeding. I haven't been there yet...
subshooter (01-30-2020)
Old 01-30-2020, 01:45 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter

I enjoyed the Furka in August and we still could find snow in the higher elevations.
subshooter (01-30-2020)
Old 01-31-2020, 11:01 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,223 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
Yes, I enjoyed that one with my GT4

Just remember that the Swiss have no sense of humor with respect to speed limits and fines (huge). I am told that the Austrian passes are also spectacular and they are more like the Germans with respect to speeding. I haven't been there yet...
this is absolutely correct. I was screamed at by some Swiss people during delivery of my RS because my friend got stuck at a stop light and I pulled over to wait for him...they harassed me because I had the audacity to leave my car running. You seriously would have thought I ran over their grandmother based upon how they were screaming at me!

as others have said, it’s a cruel trick that such great roads are wasted on the Swiss. Go to Austria, that’s where I am headed after I pick up my GT4 in June.
Old 01-31-2020, 05:24 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,269 Likes on 1,043 Posts

This morning, I am now V200 with commission number! Build completion date of 6/5/2020. European delivery with Zuffenhausen pick up. I am super excited!
PierreTT (01-31-2020)
Old 02-02-2020, 11:20 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Anyone has suggestions for good PPF installers near the ED delivery locations? By "good" I mean comparable to good USA installers with high attention to detail, wrapping around edges, etc.

Old 02-02-2020, 12:08 PM
RyuBraska
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

I'm also curious to know (for Leipzig). It's a dilemma... I don't have much time to spent in Europe and I don't want to spend 3 days waiting for PPF, but at the same time I don't want to ruin my paint...
Old 02-02-2020, 01:11 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,377 Likes on 836 Posts

What a lot of people are forgetting is that the ED contract one signs states that one cannot install anything on the car that Porsche didn't deliver on the factory order; that Porsche has the right to restore the car to factory condition and bill the buyer prior to releasing the car once it gets stateside. This has to do with Customs and DOT. Now, whether they will actually do this is up to them. Its your choice, so be prepared.
Old 02-02-2020, 03:26 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ExMB
What a lot of people are forgetting is that the ED contract one signs states that one cannot install anything on the car that Porsche didn't deliver on the factory order; that Porsche has the right to restore the car to factory condition and bill the buyer prior to releasing the car once it gets stateside. This has to do with Customs and DOT. Now, whether they will actually do this is up to them. Its your choice, so be prepared.
My tax dollars at work. Sleep is so much better at night knowing I'm protected from imported cars with illegal PPF. On a serious note, I remember reading about people wrapping their cars in Europe and bringing them stateside without issues. Wonder what the jail sentence is for such an infraction.
Old 02-02-2020, 11:32 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 211 Posts

It’s a car. Drive it. I did ED for 10 days, 8 countries, and Nurburgring with my GT3 and no PPF. No issues. No sleep lost. When I got the car here I had PPF installed. Car looks great. These things aren’t trophies. I know it’s easy for me to say that, but if everyone could chill and drive these cars without worrying about bubble wrapping them their lives would be less stressful and life would be more fun. Just my view.
With all that being said, there’s a place that will do your PPF that PCNA euro department has recommended in the past. I tried to look for my email from 2 y ago but can’t find it. If you forgot to take your anxiety meds and really need it I would just call PCNA and ask.
NFSF (02-03-2020)
Old 02-03-2020, 05:54 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kyrocks
It’s a car. Drive it. I did ED for 10 days, 8 countries, and Nurburgring with my GT3 and no PPF. No issues. No sleep lost. When I got the car here I had PPF installed. Car looks great. These things aren’t trophies. I know it’s easy for me to say that, but if everyone could chill and drive these cars without worrying about bubble wrapping them their lives would be less stressful and life would be more fun. Just my view.
With all that being said, there’s a place that will do your PPF that PCNA euro department has recommended in the past. I tried to look for my email from 2 y ago but can’t find it. If you forgot to take your anxiety meds and really need it I would just call PCNA and ask.
So you take your anxiety meds in Europe (no PPF), then get off them in the usa (need PPF). Interesting.
Old 02-03-2020, 08:42 AM
PierreTT
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I'm with you K
PPF did not exist a few years ago and older cars are still on the roads... :-P

I'll be careful but wont bother too much. Its just a damn car.
I'll get PPF done once it is home.
I dont have a day to waste while doing this trip
Old 02-03-2020, 08:07 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,223 Likes on 479 Posts

same here. My 18 GT3 RS I drove almost 2000 miles including 2 days at Spa. No PPF. When I dropped it off it looked awful with tire rubber, bugs, dirt...it was glorious. I saw other people dropping their 991s off and polishing them at drop off. Hilarious. Don’t worry, it’s a car. Enjoy it.
Old 02-03-2020, 11:18 PM
RyuBraska
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

I'm assuming the dealer cleaned it before delivery

Quick Reply: who is doing european delivery?