Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

who is doing european delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2020 | 01:10 PM
pkh
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kyrocks
718 Spyder July 3 Stuttgart
What event is at spa on July 8?
https://www.want2race.co.uk/trackday...ane-2020-07-08

here's Ring track day: https://www.skylimitevents.de/sectio...dschleife.html
The following users liked this post:
Goggles Paisano (02-26-2020)
Old 02-26-2020 | 04:42 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RyuBraska
Did you ask to do group delivery or they asked you?
The first time, they asked me since it was only the second time they had done it. They did one in July 2016 and the next one was July 2017 which I attended. This July, I specifically asked to be connected up with a group since it is a good deal and I like having dinner with folks who are doing the same thing I am. Everyone is so interesting!
Old 02-26-2020 | 11:36 PM
RyuBraska
Racer

Sounds more fun in a group indeed. The "normal" ED are individual?
Old 03-06-2020 | 11:23 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

This corona virus is now impacting my trip. I work for a fortune 300 Utility company that just implemented phase 1 of our pandemic flu response plan. Part of that plan has restricted business travel to about 7 countries including Italy where I was planning to do my ED. Of course, they can't legally restrict my personal travel but they have implemented policy on personal travel as well which includes a 14 day quarantine upon arrival back to the US before I can return to work. I work in a mission critical area of our company since I run several large power plants that provide electricity for the New Orleans Metropolitan region so being quarantined would not be good for me professionally. Who knows, the virus will probably spread to other parts of Europe as well by the time I do my ED which is in July. I am probably going to cancel my trip and car. I only buy Porsches via ED. I'm bummed. Maybe this whole virus thing is an over reaction but irregardless, I now have restrictions by my employer.
Old 03-06-2020 | 11:34 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by subshooter
This corona virus is now impacting my trip. I work for a fortune 300 Utility company that just implemented phase 1 of our pandemic flu response plan. Part of that plan has restricted business travel to about 7 countries including Italy where I was planning to do my ED. Of course, they can't legally restrict my personal travel but they have implemented policy on personal travel as well which includes a 14 day quarantine upon arrival back to the US before I can return to work. I work in a mission critical area of our company since I run several large power plants that provide electricity for the New Orleans Metropolitan region so being quarantined would not be good for me professionally. Who knows, the virus will probably spread to other parts of Europe as well by the time I do my ED which is in July. I am probably going to cancel my trip and car. I only buy Porsches via ED. I'm bummed. Maybe this whole virus thing is an over reaction but irregardless, I now have restrictions by my employer.
Wow, that does suck, many companies are implementing some travel restrictions, our is among them as we are international in scope, fortunately none of my upcoming travel plans do not involve intercontinental travel.

I noticed your list of ED cars below, suspected this might be you MO, I wanted to try this with my Spyder but timing was not correct for me ( nothing to do with Covid-19), however personally I want the car more than I do a trip to Europe.

Can you cancel this order without penalty this late in the game?

Last edited by Westcoast; 03-06-2020 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-06-2020 | 11:49 AM
theEnd
Instructor

I finally got an allocation this week, but the earliest ED delivery date available is Sept 1.

I had been pretty clear with my dealer that I needed a delivery at least 2 weeks before Labor Day (the only time I can take an extended vacation), and had even asked him to confirm that deliveries are possible in August. I also agreed to a decent ADM in order to hit my target date. Given the delay, as well as uncertainty around travel, I’ll probably push this to next summer, as a huge part of the purchase decision for me was to drive a Spyder around Central and Eastern Europe. Unless he can bring the ADM down considerably...
Old 03-06-2020 | 01:32 PM
RyuBraska
Racer

I'm in a similar situation. My firm has implemented a similar policy; I can get around it if I want but still a concern. My ED is scheduled for May 19th. Right now the problem seems to be Northern Italy. I could probably change my plans and only do Germany/Switzerland or something like that, but I don't know what the situation will be in 2 months.

It's my first Porsche and the ED is an important component of the whole experience...
Old 03-06-2020 | 04:54 PM
FASTRKMAN
Rennlist Member

I'm in a similar situation. My firm has implemented a similar policy; I can get around it if I want but still a concern. My ED is scheduled for May 19th. Right now the problem seems to be Northern Italy. I could probably change my plans and only do Germany/Switzerland or something like that, but I don't know what the situation will be in 2 months.

It's my first Porsche and the ED is an important component of the whole experience...
Sucks gentlemen hate to hear this. As someone who on daily basis deals business in almost every country, except 3-4 at any given point due to world issues, my firm has seen the slow wave of this coming since last 2 weeks. Hoping the best for y'all keeping the ED dream alive!
Old 03-06-2020 | 06:12 PM
PierreTT
Rennlist Member

Yep, this is bad and I'm sorry for you Subshooter.
Mine is scheduled for April 29th and I'm starting to worry Porsche may cancel ED for the upcoming month...
Fingers crossed Folks
Old 03-06-2020 | 09:29 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

For those of you who did ED at Leipzig before, how long does it take? is it a full day? did you stay one more night in Leipzig or drove to your next destination right away?
We drove to Prague same day. So, we arrived the day before, stayed in the hotel that Porsche put us up in, then went the the factory in the morning. We took a tour of the factory, then to the race track track, the to Lunch. Then, we took the car and drove away. it was awesome, you will love it!
Old 03-07-2020 | 07:34 PM
disden
Drifting

Originally Posted by PierreTT
Yep, this is bad and I'm sorry for you Subshooter.
Mine is scheduled for April 29th and I'm starting to worry Porsche may cancel ED for the upcoming month...
Fingers crossed Folks
yeah this sucks. Unless travel altogether banned, will be going as planned. I am more worried about going to Vegas next week!
Old 03-07-2020 | 07:38 PM
ISPYA718
Burning Brakes

I am still scheduled for May. Will decide next month.
Old 03-07-2020 | 08:46 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by disden
yeah this sucks. Unless travel altogether banned, will be going as planned. I am more worried about going to Vegas next week!
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas....except for the Corona Virus. That **** will come back with you. lol
Old 03-08-2020 | 08:11 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas....except for the Corona Virus. That **** will come back with you. lol
Yeah there is a guy who was just in Vegas at a conference and he brought it to Toronto and added himself to the list of infected people.
Old 03-08-2020 | 12:39 PM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

I've been going to the WSOP in Vegas every year since 2006 (skipping one year when my oldest daughter was born). I'm probably going to skip this year unless a vaccine comes out in time.

Quick Reply: who is doing european delivery?