Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

who is doing european delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 10:36 AM
munik-fl
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I agree, I guess that there were not enough people taking advantage of the BMW program, I did it 3 times and loved it!

personally having driven a 992S I would be seriously tempted to go the Spyder route and keep your M or swap for another DD... while the 992 is a great 911 - for me at least it is getting too big and too heavy and of course there is the PDK question!

but its a nice problem to have!
I did BMW ED and it was fantastic. They don’t offer it anymore so now I am here! I am thinking September 2021 - any dealer recommendations?

I visited my dealer and they discouraged ED, though I’m not sure why based on the fact they get an extra GT allocation. I’m thinking they are novices and I would rather buy through a knowledgeable ED dealer. Any recommendations?
Old 10-01-2020, 12:15 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,482 Likes on 2,282 Posts

Originally Posted by munik-fl
I did BMW ED and it was fantastic. They don’t offer it anymore so now I am here! I am thinking September 2021 - any dealer recommendations?

I visited my dealer and they discouraged ED, though I’m not sure why based on the fact they get an extra GT allocation. I’m thinking they are novices and I would rather buy through a knowledgeable ED dealer. Any recommendations?
where are you located???
Old 10-01-2020, 12:40 PM
munik-fl
6th Gear

where are you located???
Southwest Florida. But I will travel anywhere to get a good dealer.
Old 10-01-2020, 12:44 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,482 Likes on 2,282 Posts

Originally Posted by munik-fl
Southwest Florida. But I will travel anywhere to get a good dealer.
have you tried Champion?

problem is that ED is a PITA for dealerships, and it costs them about $4k ... although they do get another allocation...

this is now compounded by COVID since all ED is effectively suspended ... so no one really knows when it will resume...

not too mention that next Sept is a long way away - dealers wont have allocations, and it is not clear that GT4/Spyder will have a 2020 production run

Old 10-01-2020, 01:12 PM
munik-fl
6th Gear

have you tried Champion?

problem is that ED is a PITA for dealerships, and it costs them about $4k ... although they do get another allocation...

this is now compounded by COVID since all ED is effectively suspended ... so no one really knows when it will resume...

not too mention that next Sept is a long way away - dealers wont have allocations, and it is not clear that GT4/Spyder will have a 2020 production run
I have not tried them, but I will reach out. I learned from my BMW ED experience that some dealers embrace it as an opportunity to get an extra allocation and some short sighted dealers just don't want to deal with it. I'm only beginning the process and I want to work with a dealer that doesn't regard a sale as a pain in their ****.

I'm hoping by next year the world stops freaking out about COVID and things return to some normalcy.

Quick Reply: who is doing european delivery?