Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

who is doing european delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2020 | 04:47 AM
JCviggen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kyrocks
That would suck. I wonder if this is new?
It's been like that forever AFAIK but I have occasionally seen car with temp plates on the Ring anyway. Easiest way around it would be a track day - which is much better and safer anyway. Would have to check the calendar though.
Old 03-13-2020 | 09:01 AM
Rxpert
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by herragge
Have you heard that you can no longer do EU deliveries anymore to take them to the 'ring? It has to do with the temporary license plates they give us while in Europe...

Can anyone confirm?

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin...fahrten_EN.pdf

“No admittance for vehicles with export plates, temporary plates or vintage seasonal licence plates
(07 number) / quad bikes”
Originally Posted by JCviggen
It's been like that forever AFAIK but I have occasionally seen car with temp plates on the Ring anyway. Easiest way around it would be a track day - which is much better and safer anyway. Would have to check the calendar though.
Which one is it? A new rule or a long-standing one that hasn’t been enforced?

The Nuerburgring is literally one of the top things on my to do list for my next ED and I’d be majority disappointed if it was no longer an option.
Old 03-13-2020 | 09:09 AM
RyuBraska
Racer

Originally Posted by JUPJAI
I have late May 718 Spyder - Germany will not have it under control by then. I have asked Porsche to ship the car now....it was completed already. Will arrive by May I hope so at least I get it for the summer in Canada. Car is for my daughter. Have done ED twice before so I can skip this one. Health first.
I'm thinking of doing the same... ED late May but my car is being built by the end of the month so I would get it in May/June if I cancel. Did they give you a hard time for cancelling? any cancellation fees?
Old 03-13-2020 | 01:41 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JCviggen
I did it with temp plates on my GT3 in 2018.
just asking if this is new information or not. Still not sure.
Old 03-13-2020 | 01:43 PM
JCviggen
Rennlist Member

I remember the rule being that way when I first went in 2004 lol. But I never tried it as I lived only 2 hrs from there for most of my life so plates weren't an issue.

If you were OK in 2018 then the odds should be good now.
Old 03-13-2020 | 02:14 PM
CDACH
Rennlist Member

We buy construction equipment from a German company. They are close to the French border and a lot of their workers cross the border into Germany to work. They also get some parts from Italy, and those parts are starting to become scarce. Bottom line is the plant may close or partially close due to worker and parts shortage. I'm not sure if Porsche will have any impacts but I have to assume the supply chain will be impacted. I'm a June build/August Spyder delivery. Fingers, eyes, and legs crossed it holds.
Old 03-13-2020 | 09:55 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rxpert
The Nuerburgring is literally one of the top things on my to do list for my next ED and I’d be majority disappointed if it was no longer an option.
You can always rent a prepped car from RSR and do the ‘ring.

Not that it matters, but did it in ‘15 with temp plates.
Old 03-14-2020 | 01:34 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

No response yet but I doubt there will be charges.
Old 03-14-2020 | 05:50 PM
herragge
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JUPJAI
No response yet but I doubt there will be charges.
I agree. I doubt Porsche AG would charge us if we were unable to make Euro deliveries due to COVID concerns. I have asked my dealer to confirm but I am slated to go in late July to push it back as far as possible so I can still go (as its a life long bucket list for me). Hopefully things settle down around that time.
Old 03-14-2020 | 05:51 PM
herragge
Intermediate

Let me know what you find as it would be a disappointment for me as well.
Old 03-17-2020 | 02:59 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Ok so I have heard that PCNA will be pushing all ED customers to take stateside delivery at PECs in Atlanta and LA or simply deliver at the selling dealership. I swapped to a September build and hoping it’s okay to resume then. Still no commitment on european delivery which is unusual. Another problem is they can’t hold the vehicle for extended times in Europe mainly because your dealer wants to get paid for the vehicle ASAP. We tried unsuccessfully to have a friends march build June delivery car held until September. What a CF! Sorry to hear your pains. If you can reschedule somehow to mid to late September I am trying to salvage a nice trip involving tracks in Germany Belgium and Holland. Granted we are out of this coronavirus mess. 😤
Old 03-17-2020 | 03:08 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

not to worry. This is old. There are several classifications of temporary license plates. The most basic is just bare coverage to get the vehicle out of the country for export. Your new Porsches are covered by the highest level of insurance available through Allianz.

now the real problem is the region the Nürburgring is in is under quarantine and all track activities have been canceled or fixing to be. Just like the rest of us they have been brought to a firm hault.

Originally Posted by herragge
Have you heard that you can no longer do EU deliveries anymore to take them to the 'ring? It has to do with the temporary license plates they give us while in Europe...

Can anyone confirm?

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin...fahrten_EN.pdf

“No admittance for vehicles with export plates, temporary plates or vintage seasonal licence plates
(07 number) / quad bikes”
Old 03-17-2020 | 04:52 AM
thompalompa
Intermediate

Do you know if the Corona virus affects European delivery?
Old 03-17-2020 | 06:54 AM
lifelong_fan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by thompalompa
We have our Spyder pickup on Thursday at 11:30 and were at our local PZ yesterday. We were told pickup is still possible but the factory tour will most likely be cancelled and the Museum is closed. Lunch is still on though. This information was for the Zuffenhausen pickup. We live in DE, so no guarantee on the ED but I met ED people in the same groups in the past. Good luck and stay healthy.
Old 03-17-2020 | 12:29 PM
JCviggen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by thompalompa
With borders closing every day and most flight canceled... yeah I would say so. Unfortunately. I wouldn't bet on things getting better in the nearest future either.

Quick Reply: who is doing european delivery?