Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

who is doing european delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2020 | 07:33 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PierreTT
Porsche cancelled my ED today
2 options:
1- Normal delivery
2- Another date, later, if possible (nothing solid)

I opted for normal delivery... ED is still on my bucket list, another car, another year

Apparently, VW shut down their plants. Porsche is obviously next... Will create delays for sure

Be safe everybody
Bummer, Sorry to hear PierreTT.

I wanted to share with you and others who may be in the same situation of cancelled EDs. As background, my wife and I thorough enjoyed ED experience when we took delivery of the 981 GT4 in 2016. It was an awesome experience. But, at the time I thought, this experience might have been enjoyed equally as much in a Porsche rental car. Sure it is great to pick up your own car. But, it comes with some negatives too - such as; delayed delivery to the states, wear and tear on the car without protective film, and constant conflict of being on vacation while worrying about the car. I am convinced that you will enjoy the Porsche experience nearly as much if you just fly over there after the CV pandemic, rent a Porsche, visit the museum, visit the plant, stay in Stuttgart or Leipzig, and schedule some cool track experiences if you like. So, I say if no Porsche ED, no problem. Go enjoy your own Porsche European Experience (if no PED, go PEE!)
The following users liked this post:
PierreTT (03-18-2020)
Old 03-18-2020 | 08:33 PM
ISPYA718
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by matttheboatman

I wanted to share with you and others who may be in the same situation of cancelled EDs. As background, my wife and I thorough enjoyed ED experience when we took delivery of the 981 GT4 in 2016. It was an awesome experience. But, at the time I thought, this experience might have been enjoyed equally as much in a Porsche rental car. Sure it is great to pick up your own car. But, it comes with some negatives too - such as; delayed delivery to the states, wear and tear on the car without protective film, and constant conflict of being on vacation while worrying about the car. I am convinced that you will enjoy the Porsche experience nearly as much if you just fly over there after the CV pandemic, rent a Porsche, visit the museum, visit the plant, stay in Stuttgart or Leipzig, and schedule some cool track experiences if you like. So, I say if no Porsche ED, no problem. Go enjoy your own Porsche European Experience (if no PED, go PEE!)
Thanks for this suggestion. We are disappointed not to be going to Europe to do a ED to celebrate our wedding anniversary in our new car in May but this is just part of life - the joys and disappointments. There are millions with far more troubles than this. My GM at the dealership also suggested doing the rental car option when things clear up. It seems like a great suggestion. Agree there are positives and negatives to both.
Old 03-19-2020 | 04:00 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by worf928
I believe you, but da fuq? How does that make sense? It’s not like you get crammed into a tour bus for your ‘rings laps (buses have been banned for a while.) Trackside personnel aren’t exactly confined in close proximity.

I guess they worry that there are no hospital beds for drivers that get it hard shiny side down.
The N24 also was postponed to september from May. first two endurance races in April are canceled. All tourist driving is canceled through april currently.
Old 03-19-2020 | 04:17 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by matttheboatman

hoping we all get through this mess but when we do if you have anxiety over PPF on ED i can hook you up! drive your porsche! there is NO substitute!
back to hiding in my home.
Old 03-19-2020 | 03:34 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by carrering
The N24 also was postponed to september from May. first two endurance races in April are canceled.
That make 100% sense because: crowds.

All tourist driving is canceled through april currently.
My response would start the thread on a move to OT/P&C.

On topic: I hope this $h1+ gets straightened out by this time next year. I want our (planned) Euro Delivery.
Old 03-22-2020 | 10:48 PM
disden
Drifting

Just looking at 992 Turbo build page; no Euro delivery options listed. Not a good sign
Old 04-17-2020 | 11:47 AM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

My euro delivery July 3 just got cancelled. My flight was cancelled. My dealer told me
to just keep my name in the car and when it gets here (2-3 month delay) I can decide if I want it.
No pressure. No penalty.
Old 04-17-2020 | 02:03 PM
RyuBraska
Racer

You have a good dealer!
Old 04-20-2020 | 06:59 PM
theEnd
Instructor

Just received confirmation for an August 25th Spyder delivery in Leipzig.

Hopefully the pandemic will be under control by that time. Depending on the situation I plan to spend 2 weeks driving to Montenegro and back.
Old 04-20-2020 | 07:56 PM
disden
Drifting

Porsche reaches out to me today; stated that as of today everything is still a go for my June 30th GT4 Delivery. I think the biggest hurdle will be if flights to EU are resumed and if the Schengen Area will allow travel between countries. Makes no sense to fly to Stuttgart if can’t get to Austria, Switzerland, etc.
Old 04-20-2020 | 08:53 PM
GT4MF
Instructor

Has anyone had a dealer flat out refuse ED? I mean before the COVID crisis kicked off... I was told because they are giving me the car at MSRP they cannot offer it to me. Are they even allowed to do this?

If anyone has a similar experience I would love to hear about it.. did you offer to cover the 3k? Split it?

Thanks!
Old 04-20-2020 | 10:27 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT4MF
Has anyone had a dealer flat out refuse ED? I mean before the COVID crisis kicked off... I was told because they are giving me the car at MSRP they cannot offer it to me. Are they even allowed to do this?

If anyone has a similar experience I would love to hear about it.. did you offer to cover the 3k? Split it?

Thanks!
That is BS - there is no PCNA prohibition on ED @ MSRP - this reluctance is probably because the dealer gets charged around $3-4k *but* they also get an additional allocation for their trouble ...

frankly I would tell them to go f**k themselves - if they want the business they should cover the cost - other dealers do - e.g Sonnen before they got sold to the Indigo group...

good luck

p.s you might want to talk to Jamie Dillon at PNCA about this, a dealer refusing ED is damaging PCNA brand ... and I am not sure they can refuse it even at MSRP!
I might even suggest you mention that you will do this...

Last edited by Larry Cable; 04-21-2020 at 12:13 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DFW01TT (04-21-2020)
Old 04-21-2020 | 12:16 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PierreTT
Folks,
To answer some questions up here, the best I can (I dont have a crystal ball!)

My ED was scheduled for April 29th
The email was saying 8-10 weeks after production but if you look at the news, you know it wont happen...

IMHO: I dont see Porsche keeping plants/operations for long if everybody else around them are shutting down.

Stay safe!
I thought I saw something to the effect that the p.lines @ Zuffenhausen are shutdown ....
Old 04-21-2020 | 12:20 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rxpert
Which one is it? A new rule or a long-standing one that hasn’t been enforced?

The Nuerburgring is literally one of the top things on my to do list for my next ED and I’d be majority disappointed if it was no longer an option.
its the latter - that "rule" has been around for literally *years* - mid naughties at least ... AFIAK never enforced ... certainly not when I have done it in '07, '15, and '18 ....
Old 04-21-2020 | 12:21 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by disden
Porsche reaches out to me today; stated that as of today everything is still a go for my June 30th GT4 Delivery. I think the biggest hurdle will be if flights to EU are resumed and if the Schengen Area will allow travel between countries. Makes no sense to fly to Stuttgart if can’t get to Austria, Switzerland, etc.
why not then stay in Germany... tour Bavaria ...

Quick Reply: who is doing european delivery?