Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 GT4RS

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2023, 09:13 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
What’s more interesting to me is how some people are unable to understand why some people like the little clock thingy. Looks matter in a sports car, and some people like how the little clock looks.
I (think) I have the stupid ‘clock’ in my Boxster too, but it’s so useless that I can’t even remember if I have it. Worst part is that it’s not even a clock that tells time. It tells nothing, just sits there being ‘pretty’.
Old 11-18-2023, 11:56 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,515 Likes on 811 Posts

The following 3 users liked this post by cooler2442:
Crazy Eddie (11-23-2023), n4v4nod (11-19-2023), SpyderSwede (11-19-2023)
Old 11-19-2023, 01:25 AM
cafe_racer
Racer

Received 248 Likes on 115 Posts

Controversial. But the Bose is actually lighter. It has additional speakers. But they are so minor in weight. The amp in the stock setup weighs more than the Bose. If you were to strip both entirely from a car and weigh them the stock would be heavier.
Old 11-19-2023, 01:36 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,315 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by cafe_racer
Controversial. But the Bose is actually lighter. It has additional speakers. But they are so minor in weight. The amp in the stock setup weighs more than the Bose. If you were to strip both entirely from a car and weigh them the stock would be heavier.
Do you happen to have a source on that ? I want to believe you, but would also like to confirm.

I wonder if that also applies to 991 GT cars?. I’ve regretted ordering Bose on my 991.2 GT3, thinking that it adds 15 extra pounds. Would be nice if not the case.

I have an incoming Spyder RS. I was definitely going to skip Bose, but i want the lightest possible spec for my SRS.
Old 11-19-2023, 01:37 AM
cafe_racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Drifting
Do you happen to have a source on that ? I want to believe you, but would also like to confirm.

I wonder if that also applies to 991 GT cars?. I’ve regretted ordering Bose on my 991.2 GT3, thinking that it cost 15 extra pounds. Would be nice if not the case.

I have an incoming Spyder RS. I was definitely going to skip Bose, but i want the lightest possible spec for my SRS.
not in a GT car. But a mate did an upgrade to Bose himself pulling it from a wrecked car. Was a 718 GTS so I’d suspect it to be the same. He didn’t weigh wiring but did the main components and the Bose was lighter.
Old 11-19-2023, 01:54 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,315 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by cafe_racer
not in a GT car. But a mate did an upgrade to Bose himself pulling it from a wrecked car. Was a 718 GTS so I’d suspect it to be the same. He didn’t weigh wiring but did the main components and the Bose was lighter.
thank you mate. I appreciate you sharing this with the RL Community. Unfortunately I think the Bose weighs more than the standard sound system.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...2011.97%20lbs.

Old 11-19-2023, 02:11 AM
cafe_racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Drifting
thank you mate. I appreciate you sharing this with the RL Community. Unfortunately I think the Bose weighs more than the standard sound system.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...2011.97%20lbs.
that ones seems far more thorough than the approach my mate took! I’d go with that one, I stand corrected.
Old 11-19-2023, 08:53 AM
Porsche2014
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
Can’t believe all this love for the completely useless sport chrono bling in an RS no less. What’s next, spinners?
Spinners? We can spec spinners?! I have to check this out.
Old 11-20-2023, 05:59 AM
Delidf8
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,
how did you/Porsche install the rear camera ?
The preparation option only adds the wiring on the front.

For the rear, you need a 12V power supply and connect the rear camera to the front one using the yellow connector of the front and rear camera.
Did you hide cables in the headliner between the front and rear and tap on the front 12v to supply the rear?

Originally Posted by marinb
I have the Porsche Dashcam wiring option. And I have the Porsche Dashcam front and rear in my 4RS. The rear install behind the glass in the hatch looks the best! However, the front cam is gigantic and poorly designed, it really takes up some front windshield visibility. The install for both front and rear is not simple, and it costs a lot to have the dealer do it.
Old 11-22-2023, 01:52 AM
marinb
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Delidf8
Hi,
how did you/Porsche install the rear camera ?
The preparation option only adds the wiring on the front.

For the rear, you need a 12V power supply and connect the rear camera to the front one using the yellow connector of the front and rear camera.
Did you hide cables in the headliner between the front and rear and tap on the front 12v to supply the rear?
Good question. Not all dealers know how to install the rear on the 718. However, Porsche Livermore was able to do it. Did mine and another car. Basically, there is some wiring you can hook into under that plastic window surround near the rear glass (I think it's near the bottom edge). Then the dealer needs to use PIWIS to program the car to accept having both front/rear. By default my car was coded to just front (from the options list).
Old 11-22-2023, 12:31 PM
chriswd62
Rennlist Member

Received 305 Likes on 130 Posts

These are the two exterior configurations I'm currently torn between. I'm also struggling to decide if I should option the Weissach Package. If I could just option the side intakes and air box cover in carbon, I would, but I personally feel the car looks better with the painted hood and wing.

I've had countless white cars, so I'm really considering Arctic Gray. I especially like how the Arctic Gray interior matches the exterior color. If I stick with white, I would opt for Deep Sea Blue interior. Thoughts?

Old 11-22-2023, 02:34 PM
cmc140
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by chriswd62
These are the two exterior configurations I'm currently torn between. I'm also struggling to decide if I should option the Weissach Package. If I could just option the side intakes and air box cover in carbon, I would, but I personally feel the car looks better with the painted hood and wing.

I've had countless white cars, so I'm really considering Arctic Gray. I especially like how the Arctic Gray interior matches the exterior color. If I stick with white, I would opt for Deep Sea Blue interior. Thoughts?
If you go with the bottom one, you'll be twinning with a nerd in the Midwest. ;^)
Old 11-22-2023, 03:53 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,414 Likes on 2,509 Posts

To my eyes, artic grey looks drab and industrial, and hint of blue doesn't help. It can only work if you contrast it with things like carbon fiber, blue wheels, etc.

I've seen several 4RS in white, and they look good (to me).
The following users liked this post:
Porsche2014 (11-23-2023)
Old 11-22-2023, 04:17 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,837 Likes on 915 Posts

The following users liked this post:
Airbag997 (11-22-2023)
Old 11-22-2023, 09:36 PM
Airbag997
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 271 Posts

Ironically, I am in the same boat. I went to look at a local AG 4RS today with WP and I will admit WP looks better in person than pictures, but... still a hard no for me. It's too busy and just looks tacked on "Autozone", and I love CF as much as the next guy. Couple that with so many other body parts being matte black plastic and that giant not my style "PORSCHE" sticker on the rear window, it just doesn't look cohesive or good. However, after finally seeing AG in person I am sold. Looks the part IMO.

I also looked at a white 4RS without WP, and the white is VERY bright. Too bright for me. I am going with AG and no WP. What I am struggling with now is IB wheels or Neodyme, which I currently think look better...

*EDIT* I should add I do like the Race Tex dash that comes with WP, looks high-end like an exotic.

Last edited by Airbag997; 11-22-2023 at 09:52 PM.

Quick Reply: 718 GT4RS