Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 GT4RS

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2023, 10:28 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 278 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
Lol yeah, I'll daily anything and compared to actual racecars the 4RS is plush.

How many mile on your 4RS now?
Fortunate to have many outings in the mountains... on some of the world's greatest roads.

And yes, I have hundreds of pics and videos pushing the car on different days, weeks & months since delivery.

You?

The following 3 users liked this post by BlazinPond:
EXFIB (10-31-2023), OKCabriolet (02-11-2024), vcp13 (10-29-2023)
Old 10-29-2023, 08:02 AM
GT4 981
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
Fortunate to have many outings in the mountains... on some of the world's greatest roads.

And yes, I have hundreds of pics and videos pushing the car on different days, weeks & months since delivery.

You?

Looks like a great event!

Is this car gentian blue? What treatment is on the wheels? Didn’t think you could have these mags finished in this color…

how does one get invited to this event? A Canadian here who’d love to check out the smokies some day!

Old 10-29-2023, 10:16 AM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT4 981

Is this car gentian blue? What treatment is on the wheels? Didn’t think you could have these mags finished in this color…

how does one get invited to this event? A Canadian here who’d love to check out the smokies some day!
Thx mate. I just may have a little pull. Sign up at the below link. PM me w/ any questions.

​​​​​​https://www.smokiesgt.org/
Old 10-29-2023, 10:22 AM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

If i recall correctly, that 4RS you're referring to is a friend of mine rom FL. Yes, Gentian. I'd have to ask him about the mag wheels.

However, the story on his 4RS is absolutely bonkers. Damage incurred during transport that even after repair was still evident.....

Porsche worked out a deal where the owner could use w/ out restriction until re-order.
Owner wasn't thrilled since he has a garage full of accessories to add. I was thinking the opposite, beat on a 4RS until you get a chance to order and spec another! Bonus.
Old 10-29-2023, 04:21 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Received 590 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrift
???

We have different ideas of a cruiser. lol Really stiff, aural payoff when your on the gas hard...where does cruising come in?

You?

That's great you use yours as a cruiser too! Almost 2k miles on mine now and definitely not in mountains since Texas is void of such. On the flip side I'll be shipping my 992 3RS and Viper out to the smokies next Spring as every car I get I like to put a big road trip on.

Car groups aren't really my jam, but really nice to see you enjoy them.

If you enjoy the Smokies, then definitely consider the PCH cruise from North to South. We did it didmy 992 Turbo S with 3 large suit cases, multiple stops along the way, and then a great cruise through the desert from San Diego to Vegas to chill for a few days at the Wynn.

Vegas is a disaster now and I think they'll regret doing the F1 event there as some people are speculating the losses will result in only a 1 year event.
Old 10-29-2023, 04:40 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

That's great you use yours as a cruiser too! Almost 2k miles on mine now and definitely not in mountains since Texas is void of such. On the flip side I'll be shipping my 992 3RS and Viper out to the smokies next Spring as every car I get I like to put a big road trip on.

Car groups aren't really my jam, but really nice to see you enjoy them.

If you enjoy the Smokies, then definitely consider the PCH cruise from North to South. We did it didmy 992 Turbo S with 3 large suit cases, multiple stops along the way, and then a great cruise through the desert from San Diego to Vegas to chill for a few days at the Wynn.

Vegas is a disaster now and I think they'll regret doing the F1 event there as some people are speculating the losses will result in only a 1 year event.
Ironic you may not keep your 4RS after determining it's only for cruising in Texas.
And yes, I'm pretty sure i understand why car groups are not your thing.

Seems as if you're trying so hard to humble brag your new Turbo, yet to be built 3RS, and Viper in so many posts.
Not impressed. You have no clue who your interacting with here on Rennlist....nor do you ever seem to care.

Lastly, to assume mountain roads are simply just 'cruising' only and equating our roads to the PCH is absurd.
Old 10-29-2023, 04:45 PM
GT4 981
Racer

If i recall correctly, that 4RS you're referring to is a friend of mine rom FL. Yes, Gentian. I'd have to ask him about the mag wheels.

However, the story on his 4RS is absolutely bonkers. Damage incurred during transport that even after repair was still evident.....

Porsche worked out a deal where the owner could use w/ out restriction until re-order.
Owner wasn't thrilled since he has a garage full of accessories to add. I was thinking the opposite, beat on a 4RS until you get a chance to order and spec another! Bonus.
imagine! It’d be like a hertz GT4RS!
The following users liked this post:
sbsurfer (11-01-2023)
Old 10-29-2023, 04:54 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Ironic you may not keep your 4RS after determining it's only for cruising in Texas.
And yes, I'm pretty sure i understand why car groups are not your thing.

Seems as if you're trying so hard to humble brag your new Turbo, yet to be built 3RS, and Viper in so many posts.
Not impressed. You have no clue who your interacting with here on Rennlist....nor do you ever seem to care.

Lastly, to assume mountain roads are simply just 'cruising' only and equating our roads to the PCH is absurd.
Guy you're confused. I dont care if you're impressed, nor care if your roads are similar to anything. Lastly I don't care if you're Jay Leno in the flesh, who anyone is doesn't mean **** to me as relaying an experience and encouragement for others to entertain an idea of such isnt bragging my guy.

You can keep postering though, you're a beautiful Peacock my boy.

Why you so mad bro?

Last edited by Justaroofer; 10-29-2023 at 04:56 PM.
Old 10-29-2023, 06:44 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Guy you're confused. I dont care if you're impressed, nor care if your roads are similar to anything. Lastly I don't care if you're Jay Leno in the flesh, who anyone is doesn't mean **** to me as relaying an experience and encouragement for others to entertain an idea of such isnt bragging my guy.

You can keep postering though, you're a beautiful Peacock my boy.

Why you so mad bro?
Keep pretending, newbie.
Old 10-29-2023, 07:07 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Keep pretending, newbie.
Lol....
Pretending what?
Old 10-29-2023, 11:06 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Lol....
Pretending what?
Anymore car photos in your driveway or on the job?
Old 10-29-2023, 11:36 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Keep pretending, newbie.
Anymore car photos in your driveway or on the job?
You sure care alot about how others use their gear. Kinda odd, kinda sexy. Clearly lacking control of life variables to make you feel inferior enough to attempt to impose your myopic views on others.

My cars and most moments dont get photographed, nor do I assign an IG or onlyfans page to cars.

Still waiting.....

PretendIng to what?! You're avoiding.
Old 10-30-2023, 08:53 AM
GT4 981
Racer

You sure care alot about how others use their gear. Kinda odd, kinda sexy. Clearly lacking control of life variables to make you feel inferior enough to attempt to impose your myopic views on others.

My cars and most moments dont get photographed, nor do I assign an IG or onlyfans page to cars.

Still waiting.....

PretendIng to what?! You're avoiding.
Haha you likely don’t have the cars your claiming to have is what the guy is saying and I’m sorta with him. Sucks to get called out. Take a snap of those cars and clear it up for him.
Old 10-30-2023, 10:09 AM
Justaroofer
Banned

Haha you likely don’t have the cars your claiming to have is what the guy is saying and I’m sorta with him. Sucks to get called out. Take a snap of those cars and clear it up for him.
Oh wow.....

Funny if that's truly the case he'd be super pissed to know I don't even talk about my other cars, only ones that relate to topic.

I'll bite though, heres a few flavors.... pics from PCH at Pebble, in Napa, Vista, Vegas strip when shipped back to the best state is the country Tejas, then a cuddling photo next to the 4RS and my 22 X5m comp which stays on the lift 99% of the time. He's already seen the Viper, but here's a great pic of the magnitude of the Viper Oem tire vs an OEM Turbo S rear.... so many tires at my shop you'd think I actually tracked a car, definitely not.

Side note, went and looked at one of my old Vipers Lambo Houston had acquired and selling. (Also found out I can't fit in an an STO since I already had a deal worked yet I'm too tall). Had it parked next to a GT black series and not many know the AMG GT design team was a collaborative effort with the Viper design team and that's why the GT looks almost identical to the viper.......

Funny how the profit from that one roof can buy a GT car. #justpretendingtobesorry

Old 10-30-2023, 01:04 PM
jayson
Pro

Received 482 Likes on 143 Posts

I have lost braincells reading the posts on this page.
The following 4 users liked this post by jayson:
chance6 (10-30-2023), Porsche2014 (10-31-2023), UncleDude (10-30-2023), zbbb0730 (10-30-2023)

Quick Reply: 718 GT4RS