Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718 GT4RS

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2022, 11:40 AM
ToasterThief
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by blackmist27
$35k over MSRP~!?!? thats awesome! I wish that is where I landed. instead, I am at $80k.
I guess another way to think about it is that the value of the car is probably less the day I buy it then what I will end up spending. hard pill to swallow.
Why is this abnormal? It's a car: why would you expect it to be worth more than you buy it for?
The following users liked this post:
SpyderSenseOC (08-12-2022)
Old 08-12-2022, 12:01 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 612 Likes on 235 Posts

Front Axle Lift: To Get or Not to Get is the question?

My goal with my build is to make the car as light, simple, and low cost as possible. But, now I am wondering if I should pay the $3k to get the Front Axle Lift as a necessary option. I don't see the 1" lift as substaintially improving my angle of attact still making most driveways a managed process anyway. I will not need the lift loading onto the trailer as I am a Futura trailer dealer and it will easily drive up on a Futura trailer without the lift. But, my real concern is will not getting it make my car a white elephant? That it is a must get option like LWB seats? My build locks soon. What say you?
Old 08-12-2022, 12:06 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Originally Posted by matttheboatman

My goal with my build is to make the car as light, simple, and low cost as possible. But, now I am wondering if I should pay the $3k to get the Front Axle Lift as a necessary option. I don't see the 1" lift as substaintially improving my angle of attact still making most driveways a managed process anyway. I will not need the lift loading onto the trailer as I am a Futura trailer dealer and it will easily drive up on a Futura trailer without the lift. But, my real concern is will not getting it make my car a white elephant? That it is a must get option like LWB seats? My build locks soon. What say you?
I think you may regret not getting it. I think PAG made this an option on this car for a reason. While the GT4 may not have needed it, I suspect with the extended splitter and how people may want to lower the car a tad, that 1” will be huge.

If it’s not needed, it won’t be used much and shouldn’t be a mechanical issue. Also, the added weight is only around 10 lbs.
Old 08-12-2022, 12:14 PM
blackmist27
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ToasterThief
Why is this abnormal? It's a car: why would you expect it to be worth more than you buy it for?
For one thing, you are missing the point.
Secondly, a hard to get Porsche should be worth at least what you paid for it the day you buy it. to someone. that doesnt mean that is my expectation on all cars. this isnt a "normal" car. values fluctuate for sure... but I would hate to pay $80k over the actual value the day I buy it. the point of ADM is to "correct" for market value. at least their explanation. but if the market has changed, shouldnt the ADM change as well?
My guess is no since we all signed something. but just kinda sucks.
Old 08-12-2022, 12:15 PM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 86 Posts

FAL is the #1 "wish I had ordered that" option for the GT3 and variants, I would think some carry over to GT4/RS. It's a make or break for a lot of buyers.

The following 2 users liked this post by cscrogham:
porscheflat6 (08-12-2022), raymort (08-12-2022)
Old 08-12-2022, 12:43 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Originally Posted by cscrogham
FAL is the #1 "wish I had ordered that" option for the GT3 and variants, I would think some carry over to GT4/RS. It's a make or break for a lot of buyers.
I have it on my 992 GT3 and would order it again for sure.
Old 08-12-2022, 12:49 PM
very green R
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 81 Posts

i agree with your philosophy of light and simple. But for my GT4RS I ordered with the front lift because I drive on actual roads for long distances and have to negotiate some driveways at motels and restaurants and the cost and added weight of the front end lift is worth it to me to avoid scrapping. Remember as others have pointed out earlier on this forum that the front lift has to be lowered in some cases once the front has cleared to avoid damage to the rear diffuser..
The following 2 users liked this post by very green R:
KEPetersen (08-29-2022), Porsche2014 (08-13-2022)
Old 08-12-2022, 12:53 PM
Patrick3000
Rennlist Member

Received 451 Likes on 249 Posts

V200 February 23 delivery +25k

Last edited by Patrick3000; 08-12-2022 at 01:19 PM.
Itzkirb (08-12-2022)
Old 08-12-2022, 02:34 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 521 Posts

That's easy. Once you get the car, take out the passenger seat and sell it. Should also strip out the whole car down to bare metal also. That will be some major weight savings.

You won't have an extra passenger weighting down the car, and quite a few pounds off the car when you are driving it. Also completely empty your bowel and bladder before getting into the car.

Craigy (08-17-2022)
Old 08-12-2022, 03:21 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by cscrogham
I always spec it and it always prevents the front splitter from getting damaged. I do however put 6K - 10K mileage on my cars in two years before I move on. I would recommend spec FAL if you plan to sell the car.
Old 08-12-2022, 03:23 PM
blackmist27
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 41 Posts

incase you missed this. only thing is I am not sure I believe them when they describe the ride of the 4RS. I mean, they are bouncing around like basket ***** lol

Old 08-12-2022, 04:35 PM
Kermit_the_Frog
Instructor

Received 169 Likes on 55 Posts

They drive in the hard setting...
Old 08-12-2022, 09:39 PM
lovetoturn
Burning Brakes

Received 1,028 Likes on 507 Posts

Yes they do. You can see the light on while they are driving on those already bumpy roads?? I am sure it would drive even better in the non sport shock mode.
Old 08-12-2022, 10:39 PM
James88
Three Wheelin'

Received 158 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
That's easy. Once you get the car, take out the passenger seat and sell it. Should also strip out the whole car down to bare metal also. That will be some major weight savings.

You won't have an extra passenger weighting down the car, and quite a few pounds off the car when you are driving it. Also completely empty your bowel and bladder before getting into the car.
Old 08-13-2022, 02:43 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,987 Likes on 2,272 Posts

Originally Posted by blackmist27
$35k over MSRP~!?!? thats awesome! I wish that is where I landed. instead, I am at $80k.
does anyone else kinda feel weird about that now? I mean, I assume many of us have$75-100k over and waiting for our cars to get built and delivered. however with the market cooling off and the ADMs clearly coming down, I am starting to have an issue paying so much for the car. what do you all think? is it still worth it? do I even have any options at this point?

I guess another way to think about it is that the value of the car is probably less the day I buy it then what I will end up spending. hard pill to swallow.
IF you are going to respond with, "pass on it and give me your allocation hahahah" please, save it. looking for a real conversation around it.
Honestly, I would walk away from your order if I were you if you can get the deposit refunded. Not sure if if a GT4RS will be available at MSRP before the end of production but I can guarantee that you'll be able to get an allocation at some point for $25k-$50k over without a problem.

Quick Reply: 718 GT4RS