Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2022 | 10:59 PM
Lucent
Instructor

I agree. I have a 718 inbound. I bought a CPS 991.2 Carrera S to hold me over. LOL. What a great buy, the 911 S is awesome. Will probably keep it. Wife will likely steal my 718 forcing me to DD my 911. Tough 1st world problems.
The following users liked this post:
JBM718GTS (04-13-2022)
Old 04-13-2022 | 11:02 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TriggerHappy
I am on an allocation list but when the opportunity to buy a local CPO 718 Spyder presented itself - I jumped on it. Now I have a black Spyder that is no where close to the build I was looking for. But you know what? doesn’t matter. Such an amazing car! And with the price I paid I can drive it this year and part of next and still trade it in for what I paid for it. Do I still want a new allocation to build the exact way I want it? Yes! But now I can enjoy it, confirm what Options I want (LWSBs? Yes please) and what I don’t want and, also almost guarantee that I have bumped myself up the allocation list as the dealer will want my Spyder as a trade in.

Good luck everyone. Jump on those opportunities if they present themselves - May we all be driving MY22s or 23s soon!
That is one way to do it but for me, I could never "settle" for something...glad it worked for you though.
The following 3 users liked this post by Bob Z.:
FazedChicken (04-14-2022), Rasputin. (04-14-2022), X2Board (04-17-2022)
Old 04-14-2022 | 01:09 PM
Monterey Bay GT4
Rennlist Member

My wife and I walked into our local Porsche dealer on January 8th to inquire about an allocation for a 2022 GT4 or the likely hood of getting a future allocation on a 2022 GT4RS.

Being a first time Porsche buyer we were told that getting an allocation on a GT4RS wasn’t an option as they would only be available to their most exclusive clients and would more than likely have a $100k+ addendum due to the limited production. After learning more about the addendums surrounding the GT cars at their dealership and the shortages in the supply chain due to covid we still wanted to know if it was possible to get a GT4 allocation and how far down the list we would be. They said they had checked on any upcoming allocations for GT4’s a few days earlier for another customer and that there wasn’t any GT4 allocation updates at that time.
Knowing that things change in a few days I asked if they could check on the allocation again to ease my mind on potentially not getting the Porsche of our dreams this year, and what do you know, one had just became available the day before unbeknownst to the sales manager. Now I’m wondering what the GT4 waiting list is like, if any of them have laid down a deposit or if they just have their name on the list.
SA checked on the waiting list to see if anyone had placed a deposit and low and behold nobody had. They told us if we were willing to pay a $30k addendum + deposit on the spot the GT4 allocation was ours, otherwise they would spec the car for their dealership and see where the market goes.

$5k down and we off to the races. Our 2022 Python Green GT4 is hitting the production line V-260 at Zuffenhausen tomorrow 04/15/22 and we can’t be more excited!!!
I’ve listed the options on our 2022 GT4 below

Python Green
leather/race-tec black with red stitching
PDK
heated seats
fire extinguisher
model designation delete on rear
Porsche logo in satin Black
2-zone climate control
Luggage net in passenger foot well
smoking package
LED headlights PDLS+
headlight cleaning system painted in exterior color
Light design package
power folding mirrors
auto dimming mirrors
deviated stitching
steering wheel and gear selector in leather
BOSE sound system
Apple CarPlay
smartphone compartment
keys painted in exterior color
Interior carbon fiber package
carbon fiber door seals
Adaptive 18 way spot seats
Sport seats plus back rest shells in leather
chrono package
instrument dials and chrono in white
Sunvisors in leather
Guards red seat belts

estimated arrival date 07/01/22, just in time for Monterey car week!!

The following 9 users liked this post by Monterey Bay GT4:
AlexCeres (04-14-2022), FASTRKMAN (04-14-2022), FazedChicken (04-14-2022), JBM718GTS (04-14-2022), josephr25 (04-14-2022), Rasputin. (04-14-2022), SmallCapTrader (04-14-2022), TripleL (04-18-2022), welikethetrack (04-14-2022) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-14-2022 | 01:18 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Python green! Woot Nice choice.

Ohhh, Monterey car week...there's an idea for a road trip in my PG spyder. Ouch, 26 hours. It's a whole vacation just to get out there and back (for those still working).

Last edited by Adrift; 04-14-2022 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-14-2022 | 01:19 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Monterey Bay GT4
My wife and I walked into our local Porsche dealer on January 8th to inquire about an allocation for a 2022 GT4 or the likely hood of getting a future allocation on a 2022 GT4RS.

Being a first time Porsche buyer we were told that getting an allocation on a GT4RS wasn’t an option as they would only be available to their most exclusive clients and would more than likely have a $100k+ addendum due to the limited production. After learning more about the addendums surrounding the GT cars at their dealership and the shortages in the supply chain due to covid we still wanted to know if it was possible to get a GT4 allocation and how far down the list we would be. They said they had checked on any upcoming allocations for GT4’s a few days earlier for another customer and that there wasn’t any GT4 allocation updates at that time.
Knowing that things change in a few days I asked if they could check on the allocation again to ease my mind on potentially not getting the Porsche of our dreams this year, and what do you know, one had just became available the day before unbeknownst to the sales manager. Now I’m wondering what the GT4 waiting list is like, if any of them have laid down a deposit or if they just have their name on the list.
SA checked on the waiting list to see if anyone had placed a deposit and low and behold nobody had. They told us if we were willing to pay a $30k addendum + deposit on the spot the GT4 allocation was ours, otherwise they would spec the car for their dealership and see where the market goes.

$5k down and we off to the races. Our 2022 Python Green GT4 is hitting the production line V-260 at Zuffenhausen tomorrow 04/15/22 and we can’t be more excited!!!

!
Nice! You paid a premium and got what you wanted. What was the the timeline between funding the deposit / securing allocation and V-260?
Old 04-14-2022 | 01:35 PM
Monterey Bay GT4
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Nice! You paid a premium and got what you wanted. What was the the timeline between funding the deposit / securing allocation and V-260?
$5k deposit/allocation 01/08/22
last chance to make changes and lock in the build spec 03/10/22
V-260 is tomorrow 04/15/22
estimated delivery 07/01/22

The following 3 users liked this post by Monterey Bay GT4:
AlexCeres (04-14-2022), SmallCapTrader (04-14-2022), UncleDude (04-14-2022)
Old 04-14-2022 | 01:49 PM
Monterey Bay GT4
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Adrift
Python green! Woot Nice choice.

Ohhh, Monterey car week...there's an idea for a road trip in my PG spyder. Ouch, 26 hours. It's a whole vacation just to get out there and back (for those still working).
Thank you @Adrift we’re stoked!
Monterey car week is definitely worthy of a whole vacation and epic road trip IMO.

Last edited by Monterey Bay GT4; 04-14-2022 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-14-2022 | 01:50 PM
FazedChicken
Banned

$5k deposit/allocation 01/08/22
last chance to make changes and lock in the build spec 03/10/22
V-260 is tomorrow 04/15/22
estimated delivery 07/01/22
Nice, you lucked out with your timing! Nice spec too.
Old 04-14-2022 | 02:07 PM
Monterey Bay GT4
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FazedChicken
Nice, you lucked out with your timing! Nice spec too.
Thank you @FazedChicken we’re stoked!
Couldn’t of ask for better timing. Feeling pretty lucky 🍀
Old 04-14-2022 | 03:55 PM
DreiPedals
Rennlist Member

Python Green
PDK
heated seats
fire extinguisher
2-zone climate control
smoking package
LED headlights PDLS+
Light design package
power folding mirrors
auto dimming mirrors
deviated stitching
BOSE sound system
Apple CarPlay
smartphone compartment
carbon fiber door seals
chrono package
Sunvisors in leather
Guards red seat belts

Congrats on the allocation and it looks like a lovely build. 30k upcharge on a car that bases at just about 3x that seems so unpalatable to me; but you do you! If money were no thing to me, I'd be gladly paying it to get my car after all of this time too. Other side of the coin I guess, the more that are willing to do this, the less likely new customers will come to the brand and have a positive acquisition experience.
Old 04-14-2022 | 04:27 PM
user 68932563
Banned

Python Green
PDK
heated seats
fire extinguisher
2-zone climate control
smoking package
LED headlights PDLS+
Light design package
power folding mirrors
auto dimming mirrors
deviated stitching
BOSE sound system
Apple CarPlay
smartphone compartment
carbon fiber door seals
chrono package
Sunvisors in leather
Guards red seat belts

Congrats!! I have a Spyder with the same ETA to Riverside.
Monterey Bay GT4 (04-14-2022)
Old 04-14-2022 | 04:31 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

congrats on locking in the car. I'm still looking for an available allocation myself. I wish I was in a position to buy back in Feb as I found a few allocations through a broker back then but I passed as I wasn't fully ready yet.
The following 2 users liked this post by Xxyion:
bpeacock (04-14-2022), Monterey Bay GT4 (04-14-2022)
Old 04-14-2022 | 05:16 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Allegedly allocations are expected for May. If anyone hears that or otherwise, please let us know...
The following 2 users liked this post by John Mclane:
6IXSPD (04-14-2022), bpeacock (04-14-2022)
Old 04-14-2022 | 06:16 PM
SmallCapTrader
Instructor

SA checked on the waiting list to see if anyone had placed a deposit and low and behold nobody had. They told us if we were willing to pay a $30k addendum + deposit on the spot the GT4 allocation was ours...
lol that list was definitely a mile and a half long, chock full of people trying to get an MSRP allocation. I paid $10K over on a BGTS 4.0 (V200 now) so I can't wag my finger at you.

MRSP and below allocations will happen again one day, but that day is not today, sadly.
Monterey Bay GT4 (04-14-2022)
Old 04-15-2022 | 01:40 AM
Monterey Bay GT4
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DreiPedals
Congrats on the allocation and it looks like a lovely build. 30k upcharge on a car that bases at just about 3x that seems so unpalatable to me; but you do you! If money were no thing to me, I'd be gladly paying it to get my car after all of this time too. Other side of the coin I guess, the more that are willing to do this, the less likely new customers will come to the brand and have a positive acquisition experience.
Thank you! Indeed, a 23% addendum is a hard pill to swallow especially if you’re not expecting any markup. Knowing that the Gt4 is a premium car with limited availability in an unprecedented market we kind of expected it. As a new customer of Porsche I don’t feel that the addendum affected our experience in a negative way. Dealer markups are common here in California and don’t necessarily represent the manufacturer/brand.

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker