Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2021, 03:42 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,696 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
You mean ADM Cash Grab right?
Originally Posted by *991*
What is your deal anyway. Good for u a person that says would never pay adm. but u already have a car. So if u didnt have a car now and u wanted one u would either buy a used one for $20k over msrp or pay adm. on a new build. Why do u keep lurking on this thread u already have a car and some people are trying to get info on allocations throughout the country.
Yes there are some people that have waited a long time or got lucky and purchased at msrp
Proceeding on the basis that this is a discussion forum right? As a part of the Rennlist community and a long time car enthusiast I follow a lot of trends including how cars prices vary from region to region and indeed different countries, heck you should be in Australia or the far east and marvel at what they are asked to pay!

I am genuinely happy for those that finally get their dream car, and FWIW it was pretty much a full year of waiting from the time I committed with a down payment/trade-in unit I received my Spyder so I think I have an understanding of the pain of waiting. Note the post above I made regarding the taxes we pay where I live, and consider what ADM would do buy putting you over into the next tax bracket, not only would you pay have to pay the ADM but the additional taxes as well. I have friends still waiting for allocations and even some in the US considering a purchase, so I am not lurking but active in the thread because it is of immediate interest to me (and them).

Besides, what I say or think on what I would pay has nothing to do with what you do or decide to pay, it is simply my view and it won't stop you or anyone else from proceeding with a purchase from a dealer, this is not personal

Last edited by Westcoast; 11-04-2021 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-04-2021, 04:15 PM
*991*
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 116 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Proceeding on the basis that this is a discussion forum right? As a part of the Rennlist community and a long time car enthusiast I follow a lot of trends including how cars prices vary from region to region and indeed different countries, heck you should be in Australia or the far east and marvel at what they are asked to pay!

I am genuinely happy for those that finally get their dream car, and FWIW it was pretty much a full year of waiting from the time I committed with a down payment/trade-in unit I received my Spyder so I think I have an understanding of the pain of waiting. Note the post above I made regarding the taxes we pay where I live, and consider what ADM would do buy putting you over into the next tax bracket, not only would you pay have to pay the ADM but the additional taxes as well. I have friends still waiting for allocations and even some in the US considering a purchase, so I am not lurking but active in the thread because it is of immediate interest to me (and them).

Besides, what I say or think on what I would pay has nothing to do with what you do or decide to pay, it is simply my view and it won't stop you or anyone else from proceeding with a purchase from a dealer, this is not personal
Its all good things are just a little stressful for us guys still trying to locate and purchase cars
Old 11-04-2021, 04:21 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,046 Likes on 538 Posts

In the meantime my virtual GT4 is the cheapest car I have to maintain.🤣
Old 11-04-2021, 04:27 PM
adsingl
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm checking with dealers tomorrow in OH, KY, IN. Only working with one regularly just based on vibes I get with any reasonable chances, supposed to get calls, nothing so far.
What states you checking?

ADS

Originally Posted by hanson84
Has anyone seen recent allocations in the midwest? I haven't spoken to any dealers in our area that have seen anything new.
Old 11-04-2021, 05:22 PM
ausgang
Racer

Received 386 Likes on 161 Posts

Well, evidently I didn't jinx myself by posting that I got the call from my dealership the other night informing me they got the allocation for my GT4. After seeing what so many of you are going through, I half expected the dealer to change what we agreed to (MSRP) and add an ADM when I stopped by today to confirm the deal.

Well, when I got there today we first confirmed my build spec -- and Thank You Terry (tigerhonaker) for pointing out the easily overlooked storage compartment lid option with "Porsche" script. I added that, after consulting with my wife (fashion designer). We then printed out the summary of planned dates and V-codes for the whole process, and double-checked my contact info for the forthcoming FYD app link which will be sent to me later. We next prepared a Pro Forma sales agreement with the cost of the vehicle, doc prep fees, license, taxes, etc. We signed the agreement, and I agreed (volunteered actually) to bring a deposit check by in a day or so -- as they were in no rush.

Allocation = 2 November
Vehicle Fixed (V250) = 18 February
Planned Production (V260) = 4 March
Dealer Inventory (V900) = 29 April

So, after a very long wait (I submitted my Customer Demand Order (V70) back in January,) it appears I'm graduating from the 'waiting for allocation' school of frustration to the 'waiting room' school of saintly patience.
(My rep pointed out to me that my "Commision Number" was obviously an old one, as it started with an "E", and everything for some time now starts with an "F".

Lastly, I did ask if they had any open slots for anything that could help out a fellow RLer, but sadly everything they got allocations for is spoken for.

Last edited by ausgang; 11-04-2021 at 05:27 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by ausgang:
bpeacock (11-04-2021), tigerhonaker (11-05-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 05:29 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,696 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Originally Posted by *991*
Its all good things are just a little stressful for us guys still trying to locate and purchase cars
Hey, sorry if that was the effect, I feel for those yet to receive a car let alone an allocation! I traded my Boxster GTS in July of 2019 with no allocation, just a promise I would eventually get one, that alone took nearly 6 months, then in March 2021 when the Spyder began to build the factory shut down for 2 months because of Covid-19, finally built and arrived at Emden only to be left behind to watch it's mates sail away and sit for another month and a 1/2 because ships were not being allowed to sail if any crew member had symptoms... finally the Spyder arrived at the dealer just a few days short of 1 year.

So I know about waiting, which should be enough payment for the privileges' of ownership, good luck and I hope that you get good news soon!
Old 11-04-2021, 06:46 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,388 Likes on 752 Posts

My local dealer in Chicagoland, Napleton, is supposedly the largest in the area. The SA tells me they got 1 spyder allocation. I'm having trouble believing that, anyone heard or know differently ?
Old 11-04-2021, 06:54 PM
IL_Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 1,115 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by John Mclane
My local dealer in Chicagoland, Napleton, is supposedly the largest in the area. The SA tells me they got 1 spyder allocation. I'm having trouble believing that, anyone heard or know differently ?
I am also in Chicagoland, and I bought my Cayman GTS 4.0 there at Napleton.

I believe it. Seems the bigger dealers are getting only 1-2 each Spyders and GT4's, for all of 2022. Orland Park, who I have purchased from before also and I was #1 on their lists for Cayman GTS 4.0, Boxster GTS 4.0 and GT4 - got ZERO 718 4.0 allocations, and they were not at all happy about it. (They are a smaller dealer and get less allocations.)

Thankfully, I was able to get a Spyder allocation yesterday on the East Coast through a Broker. My order is in, I have V200 status, and I can see it in my "MyPorsche" account. Whew!!
The following users liked this post:
bpeacock (11-04-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 07:01 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,537 Likes on 1,294 Posts

My large, Dallas-area dealership got a whopping 1 spyder and 2 gt4 allocations. Plus 3 gt3 and 3 tourings, but they expect that may be the last allocation they see for those (for the model year?).

It's dry out there. ADM goes down poorly, but if you want your own build, and can't find one of those unicorn no-ADM dealerships...you either want to play, or you don't. To each their own.
Old 11-04-2021, 08:24 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,388 Likes on 752 Posts

Originally Posted by IL_Pete

I believe it. Seems the bigger dealers are getting only 1-2 each Spyders and GT4's, for all of 2022. Orland Park, who I have purchased from before also and I was #1 on their lists for Cayman GTS 4.0, Boxster GTS 4.0 and GT4 - got ZERO 718 4.0 allocations, and they were not at all happy about it. (They are a smaller dealer and get less allocations.)

Thankfully, I was able to get a Spyder allocation yesterday on the East Coast through a Broker. My order is in, I have V200 status, and I can see it in my "MyPorsche" account. Whew!!
Congrats mate, I hope you take it to Road America. The GM there mentioned an allocation could come up, I take for a GT3 in this conjecture ( those apparently were released for the whole MY22). I doubt it.
Old 11-04-2021, 09:22 PM
arlkal03gts
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IL_Pete

Spoke with my SA today. Napleton recieved one GT4 allocation. Moves me from #3 to #2…
Old 11-05-2021, 12:25 PM
nobbyv
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by nobbyv
Well, this is a real gut punch: put a deposit down 3/5/21 for a GT4. All along, my dealer told me I was #1 on their wait list and, more importantly, that there would be no ADM. Just got an email from my SA asking him to call him. Allocations arrived yesterday; now they need a $25k ADM.
Well, it's been a whirlwind two days... I emailed the GM of the dealership this morning expressing my disappointment, and mentioned that it seemed short-sighted of them to potentially lose a long-term customer for a short term financial gain. Just got off the phone with him, and they are walking back the ADM and selling me the car at MSRP.
The following 7 users liked this post by nobbyv:
adsingl (01-03-2022), ddodds (11-05-2021), G.Irish (11-05-2021), mp2day (11-06-2021), phefner (11-05-2021), Spyder Bite (11-05-2021), Tris10 (11-05-2021) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-05-2021, 12:28 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,030 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Well, it's been a whirlwind two days... I emailed the GM of the dealership this morning expressing my disappointment, and mentioned that it seemed short-sighted of them to potentially lose a long-term customer for a short term financial gain. Just got off the phone with him, and they are walking back the ADM and selling me the car at MSRP.
GOOD FOR YOU!
Old 11-05-2021, 12:31 PM
G.Irish
Racer

Received 205 Likes on 108 Posts

Good on ya for sticking to your guns, and good on the GM for honoring your original agreement. Good to see some happy endings in this crazy market.
Old 11-05-2021, 12:44 PM
Couchsachraga
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts

Nice- congrats on getting the vehicle you want a price you are comfortable with!

No C/BGTS allocations for my dealer this time around. Once I cross 12 months of being on the list I may rethink the BGTS, not sure yet. For better or worse I have a few more months of that. They did get one GT4 (I'm assuming already spoken for as they have a lot of V070 orders in queue.

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker