Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2021, 06:46 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 254 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
I've already been warned not to get my hopes up!
I'd have thought you would be near the top of there list.. GL!
Old 11-10-2021, 07:21 PM
dallascrzr
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

There are PTS Spyder May production spots being allocated now.
Where'd you hear that?! My dealer got me an allocation but said it wasn't PTS since it's a Jan build. Need to figure out how to work this.

If anyone got a later PTS allocation who's not doing PTS and want's a January build maybe we could swap since I'm happy to wait. What's a few months after waiting a year!

Last edited by dallascrzr; 11-10-2021 at 07:25 PM.
Old 11-10-2021, 07:27 PM
Borg1of5
Instructor

Received 128 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by dallascrzr
Where'd you hear that?! My dealer got me an allocation but said it wasn't PTS since it's a Feb build. Need to figure out how to work this.
Not sure how this hole PTS schedule works, but I have a PTS Spyder build date of February 4th.
Old 11-10-2021, 07:42 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 827 Likes on 380 Posts

Where'd you hear that?! My dealer got me an allocation but said it wasn't PTS since it's a Jan build. Need to figure out how to work this.

If anyone got a later PTS allocation who's not doing PTS and want's a January build maybe we could swap since I'm happy to wait. What's a few months after waiting a year!
It’s my allocation. Going to do ED if available.
Old 11-10-2021, 07:59 PM
dallascrzr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Borg1of5
Not sure how this hole PTS schedule works, but I have a PTS Spyder build date of February 4th.
congrats on that! What color are you doing ?
Old 11-10-2021, 08:02 PM
dallascrzr
Rennlist Member

It’s my allocation. Going to do ED if available.
this is my first new order rodeo but giving a May build date for a November allocation seems so far out! What color are you doing?
Old 11-10-2021, 08:21 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,181 Posts

this is my first new order rodeo but giving a May build date for a November allocation seems so far out! What color are you doing?
More correctly put is “receiving a May allocation in November.”

Allocation Date is the Build Date.

Doesn’t seem out of the norm.
Old 11-10-2021, 08:29 PM
dallascrzr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
More correctly put is “receiving a May allocation in November.”

Allocation Date is the Build Date.

Doesn’t seem out of the norm.
Ah that makes sense. Guess I got a January allocation in November then. My thinking was if I got a Jan location now then they’d do like April allocations in December or something. Good to know, thanks!
Old 11-10-2021, 08:34 PM
ICEfan
7th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

So I put down a deposit at a dealership this week and I'm having second thoughts.
My SA told me after I submitted the deposit that the estimated build date is 3/2023. I'm apparently 7th in line for a GTS.

I should've shopped around for a better allocation date, right? I'm just super new to ordering a car in general so I have no idea how all this works.
Old 11-10-2021, 08:45 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ICEfan
So I put down a deposit at a dealership this week and I'm having second thoughts.
My SA told me after I submitted the deposit that the estimated build date is 3/2023. I'm apparently 7th in line for a GTS.

I should've shopped around for a better allocation date, right? I'm just super new to ordering a car in general so I have no idea how all this works.
There is no dealer that can estimate “your” build date 18 months out.

“Lists” aren’t necessarily any reflection on “deposit date” or static in any way.

Most stand up dealers would have just said sorry, our list is already too long.

Personally I’m happy to leave a deposit of any magnitude when I receive an allocation — but not to get on a list.

Call around, there are allocations to be had. Alternatively seek out a broker.
The following users liked this post:
bpeacock (11-10-2021)
Old 11-10-2021, 08:54 PM
ICEfan
7th Gear

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
There is no dealer that can estimate “your” build date 18 months out.

“Lists” aren’t necessarily any reflection on “deposit date” or static in any way.

Most stand up dealers would have just said sorry, our list is already too long.

Personally I’m happy to leave a deposit of any magnitude when I receive an allocation — but not to get on a list.

Call around, there are allocations to be had. Alternatively seek out a broker.
Is leaving a deposit to get in line for an allocation not standard practice, then? The deposit is also non-refundable...
Old 11-10-2021, 09:27 PM
cougar
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Cayman GTS

Is leaving a deposit to get in line for an allocation not standard practice, then? The deposit is also non-refundable...
Last week I gave my information to my dealer and they said they would get me on their list for a GTS. They didn't collect a dime, just took all my information and build code and said it could be a long while. Naturally they wouldn't tell me how many are ahead but I just assume a lot. So I'm under the impression they will collect deposit when they have an allocation. When people back out they just cross out the name on their list and move to the next which is probably why they didn't take a deposit. But based on what I'm reading on this thread, I should not get my hopes up. I will try to forget about it, and if one day I get a phone call it will be a pleasant surprise. I just hope gas powered cars are not banned by the time I get this thing LOL.
Old 11-10-2021, 09:29 PM
ICEfan
7th Gear

Originally Posted by cougar
Last week I gave my information to my dealer and they said they would get me on their list for a GTS. They didn't collect a dime, just took all my information and build code and said it could be a long while. Naturally they wouldn't tell me how many are ahead but I just assume a lot. So I'm under the impression they will collect deposit when they have an allocation. When people back out they just cross out the name on their list and move to the next which is probably why they didn't take a deposit. But based on what I'm reading on this thread, I should not get my hopes up. I will try to forget about it, and if one day I get a phone call it will be a pleasant surprise. I just hope gas powered cars are not banned by the time I get this thing LOL.
Ok yeah, I'm starting to feel that I got totally stealership scammed out of $1000... I guess I should've asked around on this forum first at least.
Old 11-10-2021, 09:30 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Many people leave deposits to get on lists.

Don’t know many who’d accept a non-refundable clause though.
Old 11-10-2021, 09:58 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,827 Likes on 997 Posts

As said you don't have an allocation yet. Not sure how they can do a non-refundable deposit with no guarantee there will even be allocations given out this year let alone next year for what you want.

Non-refundable is fine to me once it goes v200 or v250 and I'm sure others have done it and kept quiet at v70, but you're the first person I've seen on here claim their deposit at v70 was a non-refundable deposit. A lot of people stateside had their name on multiple dealer lists, with deposits from 0 to 20g cash to whatever they traded in prematurely. There was one guy on here who backed out of his car once it arrived and the dealer was going to keep his deposit until they instantly sold it that day for full ask (this was winter 2020/2021 before things went crazy) then they refunded him.

So i think you're right in having second thoughts... sounds like that dealer is questionable. Realistically though they will refund your deposit. My province has no requirement to refund a deposit at all regardless of the reason it was given unless it was written it would be refunded. I owned a dealership and never once kept a deposit. it's not worth the bad review. I also worked for a big dealership and never once did they keep a deposit for the same reason, even if they did thousands of work to the car it didn't need at the customer's request (like changing tires or adding stupid accessories). So even though they say non refundable you'll probably get it back if you ask for it.
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (11-10-2021)

Quick Reply: Dealer Allocation Tracker