Notices
718 Forum 982 (718) 2016-Current Discussions about 718 Boxster Cayman Variants
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Waiting Room For Your New 718. Jump in here.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2024, 04:20 PM
Kram71
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
this in my experience is what takes the longest. My current BGTS (which i still havnt taken delivery of yet) was at Emden for a month. It ended production in 5/19 and didnt leave Emden till 6/20. And then of course as you well know my ship took the long way around with an additional 3 stops before finally dropping off in Benicia Port on 8/10. Almost a full 2 months later. Now most ships do go through the Panama Canal so i def drew the short straw on that one, but generally speaking my original ETA of 4 months from Allocation to Delivery got expanded out to 6 months. In general the biggest delays are always at the ports.
I hope you get it soon. The wait will make the reality that much sweeter!
Old 08-16-2024, 05:56 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,477 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by Kram71
I hope you get it soon. The wait will make the reality that much sweeter!
unfortunetly the unexpected wait screwed a lot of plans that i had. The latest the car was supposed to be here was end of July. So i planned to have a month off in September because the car would have been broken in by then and it would have been perfect time for some track days. But with the car taking so long, i can no longer schedule those track days and i've taken the time off work already. Not to mention there were a bunch of events i had planned to attend with the car in August (one of them being Monterey Car Week). I did end up catching COVID and am recovering so that plan was going to be cancelled regardless but i wanted to take my car down there.

Its ok, at this point i only have about a week left to wait, unless there are some weird delays at Benicia and it takes them longer than a week to process my car. Crossing my fingers thats not the case but at this point who knows.
Old 08-16-2024, 09:34 PM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Received 156 Likes on 109 Posts

Oh man, sorry you got all of your plans screwed up, and also that you got COVID on top of that. Hope you're back like new soon. I also want to drive it for a month before the unpredictable late fall/winter weather kicks in, starting with a 1K-mile trip home thru the TX Hill Country. But if car doesn't arrive by October, I'd be screwed too, as it wouldn't be safe driving on summer tires (or even driving). If that happens, I'd seriously consider passing on it, and ordering a '25 locally, as it'd cost me the same as the '24 shipped, and be a year (the last of 718s) newer. Hope that's not the case, but we'll see.
Old 08-16-2024, 09:41 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by JCtx
Oh man, sorry you got all of your plans screwed up, and also that you got COVID on top of that. Hope you're back like new soon. I also want to drive it for a month before the unpredictable late fall/winter weather kicks in, starting with a 1K-mile trip home thru the TX Hill Country. But if car doesn't arrive by October, I'd be screwed too, as it wouldn't be safe driving on summer tires (or even driving). If that happens, I'd seriously consider passing on it, and ordering a '25 locally, as it'd cost me the same as the '24 shipped, and be a year (the last of 718s) newer. Hope that's not the case, but we'll see.
honestly even if that was the case i wouldnt pass on it. A 2025 only nets you a cost increase unless you are paying for ADM on the 2024. Plus you'd have to wait all over again. Better just take the car now knowing you have it on the way, and then store it for a month or whatever and then enjoy it as soon as you are able. Rather than waiting for the car to come as you see nice weather pass you by.
The following users liked this post:
Kram71 (08-17-2024)
Old 08-17-2024, 12:50 AM
Phillip Berk
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 120 Posts

I am still waiting on mine to be done with ppf and tints! can't wait to actually go out and use it but given I just started my first year of law school... not sure often that will be!
The following users liked this post:
Kram71 (08-17-2024)
Old 08-17-2024, 02:24 AM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by Phillip Berk
I am still waiting on mine to be done with ppf and tints! can't wait to actually go out and use it but given I just started my first year of law school... not sure often that will be!
which windows are you getting tinted? I'm still deciding if i want to tint mine. I've always felt that convertibles looked weird with tint for some reason. I never tinted my S2000 for that reason. But my tint/ppf guy said he'd throw in the tint at a massive discount as i've brought so many cars to him and the Boxster would only have 3 windows to tint vs the 5 that he usually has to do.
Old 08-17-2024, 10:33 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

SA just emailed saying my car might be there tomorrow or Monday. Will possibly pickup on Tuesday! Excited!
Old 08-17-2024, 10:34 PM
Kram71
Racer

SA just emailed saying my car might be there tomorrow or Monday. Will possibly pickup on Tuesday! Excited!
That is awesome! Post pics!
Old 08-18-2024, 02:16 AM
s182
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 41 Posts

Great to have it finally get to that point. Congrats!
Old 08-18-2024, 03:51 PM
OKCabriolet
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

That's awesome, I can only imagine.
Old 08-18-2024, 04:11 PM
OKCabriolet
Intermediate

Well I posted back in January that I put a down payment on Boxster GTS 4.0 with the local dealer. The down payment was essentially to put my name on the list for the next available allocation, I was told I would be at he top of the list for 2025. I was willing to wait in large part because of no ADM. I've been patient and not bugged my SA regarding when I might see the allocation. Well, last weed I got a text from my SA informing me that they just got an allocation for me and they were turning in my order. I was is shock for a moment because I was expecting a Spring of 2025 allocation. Then it hit me, I changed the configuration of my car dramatically from the original config I gave the dealership. So I quickly emailed it to my SA and followed up with a phone call to let him know that the config I just sent is the one to submit. About two hours later I got an email from Porsche congratulating me and informing me that the manufacturing date for my BGTS is slated to start Oct. 9, 2024, and that eta is Dec1, 2024 - March 1, 2025.

I'm way excited, this is my first Porsche! But Wow! Three month window for the eta is going to be tough. Watching this thread and seeing how unpredictable the notifications can be on My Porsche, it's going to be killer of wait.

I ordered the BGTS in Vanadium Grey with chalk/black interior and Satin Black Carrera Sport Wheels. Took a bit of chance on the Vanadium since my dealer did not have a sample. Mainly chose based on internet pictures of the 2024 Spyder RS.

I have been saving to pay cash for the past ten years, so at this point I'll take any color they will give me.

Last edited by OKCabriolet; 08-19-2024 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-18-2024, 04:16 PM
Kram71
Racer

Originally Posted by OKCabriolet
Well I posted back in January that I put a down payment on Boxster GTS 4.0 with the local dealer. The down payment was essentially to put my name on the list for the next available allocation, I was told I would be at he top of the list for 2025. I was willing to wait in large part because of no ADM. I've been patient and not bugged my SA regarding when I might see the allocation. Well, last weed I got a text from my SA informing me that they just got an allocation for me and they were turning in my order. I was is shock for a moment because I was expecting a Spring of 2025 allocation. Then it hit me, I changed the configuration of my car dramatically from the original config I gave the dealership. So I quickly emailed it to my SA and followed up with a phone call to let him know that the config I just sent is the one to submit. About two hours later I got an email from Porsche congratulating me and informing me that the manufacturing date for my BGTS is slated to start Oct. 9, 2024, and that eta is Dec1, 2024 - March 1, 2025.

I'm way excited, this is my first Porsche! But Wow! Three month window for the eta is going to be tough. Watching this thread and seeing how unpredictable the notifications can be on My Porsche, it's going to be killer of wait.

I ordered the BGTS in Vanadium Grey with chalk/black interior and Satin Black Carrera Sport Wheels. Took a bit of chance on the Vanadium since my dealer did not have a sample. Mainly chose based on internet pictures of the 2024 Spyder RS.

I been saving to pay cash for the past ten years, so at this point I'll take any color they will give me.
Congrats on your car. If it is only 3 months that time will fly by. That would be great! I'm a bit past the 2 month time frame currently.
Old 08-18-2024, 04:19 PM
OKCabriolet
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kram71
Congrats on your car. If it is only 3 months that time will fly by. That would be great! I'm a bit past the 2 month time frame currently.
Well it has been darn near eight months since I put my money down for an allocation, so your right, what's another 5 - 6 months.
Old 08-18-2024, 04:24 PM
Kram71
Racer

Well it has been darn near eight months since I put my money down for an allocation, so your right, what's another 5 - 6 months.
You have been patient. I hope its just 3 months for you. 😊
Old 08-18-2024, 06:43 PM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Received 156 Likes on 109 Posts

I ordered the BGTS in Vanadium Grey with chalk/black interior and Satin Black Carrera Sport Wheels. Took a bit of chance on the Vanadium since my dealer did not have a sample.
I saw a SRS at my local dealer in that color, and thought it was Agate Gray. So it's very similar IMO, but a bit lighter. It's a very nice color. Still too dark for the dusty and hot desert, so went with GT silver here.

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room For Your New 718. Jump in here.