Notices
718 Forum 982 (718) 2016-Current Discussions about 718 Boxster Cayman Variants
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Waiting Room For Your New 718. Jump in here.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2024, 10:31 PM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Official Waiting Room For Your New 718. Jump in here.

Hey gang, some of us were discussing our upcoming new cars in an unrelated thread, so I'm starting this one to avoid getting in trouble. And to help others on the same boat. Any questions or comments, this is the place.

Others were saying they were sent info to register with Porsche, to track their cars, but I have not received anything. Texted the salesman, but he's out for the 4th, so will be back until next week. Will ask what I need to register myself, and be able to receive updates. The weird thing is my allocation was supposed to be for August, and reportedly my car already started production (which I cannot verify). The local Porsche GM, who is a friend of mine, also locked another Cayman on exactly the same day (6/17), and he was given a September production date, with October delivery. So Porsche is all over the place. But his is a PDK. Mine a manual. Maybe that has something to do with that. Anyway, I could in theory receive mine first, but who knows. I want to see what is Porsche's ETA first.

Last edited by JCtx; 07-03-2024 at 10:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Spree17 (07-04-2024)
Old 07-03-2024, 10:43 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,672 Likes on 2,091 Posts

Hey I changed your thread name to be more inclusive and mirror the other forums.

I received my TYD link same day I got my allocation.

But beyond that the dealer should be able to provide you the PSVMS record of all dates for your purchase

Did you get a Porsche Build Sheet - Retail with your order? Did it reflect a status of V200 delivery date determined?

Anyway, good luck!

NA4.0 (07-04-2024)
Old 07-04-2024, 12:40 AM
gymdent
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

Received on 7/2. Production is ahead of the 7/11 start originally stated.
Old 07-04-2024, 12:43 AM
gymdent
Instructor

But this is what I got when I went to myporsche.com. App was not allowing me to sign on. On my previous 992.1 TYD was all but worthless.
Old 07-04-2024, 12:48 AM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Hey, thank you very much. And yes, that's definitely a better title. Ha ha. Thanks again. I did receive a build sheet with code V210 (change freeze point reached). But nothing else. The guy also sent me a picture of a kind of tracking document, but couldn't upload it here. And it was cut off at the bottom, where it's supposed to have the estimated delivery date. It has the 'Comm No', which I assume is the code I needed to use over the Porsche site, but it throws this error: 'We apologize, but the order number you have entered is currently not supported in Track Your Dream'. So will have to wait until next week to see what's going on. This dealer with hit by the CDK fiasco, so that could be why. I'll keep you guys posted once I find out what's going on. In the mean time, I subscribed on the Porsche site, but it's empty. But at least it was good news that my car could get built before it was supposed to (August)... BUT it remains to be seen if I'm going to receive it any sooner. We'll see. Remember reading a dealer memo encouraging them to sell more manual Caymans, and since mine is manual, maybe they're building them earlier, for some unknown reason.
Old 07-04-2024, 12:51 AM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gymdent
But this is what I got when I went to myporsche.com. App was not allowing me to sign on. On my previous 992.1 TYD was all but worthless.
Hey, that was exactly where I was trying to upload my 'Comm No', which I assume is the code needed, right? And same error message. Do you think I'd have better luck with the phone??? Probably the same, no? I tried on my computer. By the way, I didn't order my car with Porsche Connect. Does that have anything to do with this? No way I'd pay extra to use nav, after having to pay $2,400. Will just use CarPlay instead. I refuse to be their ATM. Ha ha. But apparently several automakers are already embracing that fleecing scheme.

Last edited by JCtx; 07-04-2024 at 12:57 AM.
Old 07-04-2024, 01:28 AM
gymdent
Instructor

Originally Posted by JCtx
Do you think I'd have better luck with the phone??? Probably the same, no? I
This is from a legacy automaker that brought you the “bug infested” ID4 and partnered with Rivian for their software expertise. You expect them to correct their webpages? You’re asking too much.
Old 07-04-2024, 02:22 AM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Maybe. Ha ha. But in this case, I think it's something the dealer didn't do. I never received anything official; not from dealer, and not from Porsche. The salesman just sent me via text my build sheet, and that other form cut off at the bottom (where the ETA is). Maybe it's due to the CDK fiasco; who knows. I should know more early next week. And will update the gang.
Old 07-04-2024, 12:07 PM
Spree17
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey, that was exactly where I was trying to upload my 'Comm No', which I assume is the code needed, right? And same error message. Do you think I'd have better luck with the phone??? Probably the same, no? I tried on my computer. By the way, I didn't order my car with Porsche Connect. Does that have anything to do with this? No way I'd pay extra to use nav, after having to pay $2,400. Will just use CarPlay instead. I refuse to be their ATM. Ha ha. But apparently several automakers are already embracing that fleecing scheme.
Nothing to do with phone or Porsche connect as far as I know. I got a personalized email Track Your Dream the day I paid and signs the paperwork. When I did the online email it also had the app to be downloaded.
Old 07-04-2024, 12:10 PM
Spree17
Instructor

I just looked at the website and had a nice surprise. I have a Vin number now.
Old 07-04-2024, 12:14 PM
Spree17
Instructor

Slightly disappointed that my vin shows my car will be a 2024 but at least its a few thousand dollars cheaper than the 2025
Old 07-04-2024, 03:37 PM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Awesome, so you have a VIN now? Maybe I'll have one Monday too. Do you know how many days production should last? Probably just a few days, so if mine was really in production since July 1st, it should have a VIN by Monday. And I'll post the last 6, to compare how close our cars are. Ha ha. And thanks for the info on the ordering. My dealer is not the best as far as that, apparently. And yes, I knew mine would be a '24, but I wanted it that way. If you check the configurator now, my 6MT would have been $91,775 (code PSYMSR30), and it'll be $88,690 with 2024 pricing, so a sizable savings of over 3 grand. If it was a PDK, it'd had been less than a grand more, so it'd had been a hard decision between '24 and '25 (due in late Dec at the earliest). Dealer said they didn't know if they'd sell '25s at MSRP anyway, so just jumped at what was a sure bet.
Spree17 (07-04-2024)
Old 07-04-2024, 03:42 PM
Spree17
Instructor

Awesome, so you have a VIN now? Maybe I'll have one Monday too. Do you know how many days production should last? Probably just a few days, so if mine was really in production since July 1st, it should have a VIN by Monday. And I'll post the last 6, to compare how close our cars are. Ha ha. And thanks for the info on the ordering. My dealer is not the best as far as that, apparently. And yes, I knew mine would be a '24, but I wanted it that way. If you check the configurator now, my 6MT would have been $91,775 (code PSYMSR30), and it'll be $88,690 with 2024 pricing, so a sizable savings of over 3 grand. If it was a PDK, it'd had been less than a grand more, so it'd had been a hard decision between '24 and '25 (due in late Dec at the earliest). Dealer said they didn't know if they'd sell '25s at MSRP anyway, so just jumped at what was a sure bet.
Paying $3000 extra to have a 2025 would have been a tough decision for me. Some people on this board said miles are more important than manufacture year so hopefully that is the case. I think production takes much longer than a few days. Probably 6-8 weeks.
Old 07-04-2024, 03:49 PM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

It cannot be. Google says Porsche built 23,600 Caymans and Boxsters in '23, so the math just doesn't add up. They built an average of 64 cars per day. Don't know how big the factory is, but it can't be more than a few days per car, or a week tops. Let's do something, since you have the ability to track your car. Can you find out when it started production? If yes, we're in business. Just track when it ends production, and we'll have the true answer. The car might sit at the factory finished for a while, but that doesn't count as 'production'. Maybe during the COVID days they took that long, due to chip shortages, where cars were almost finished waiting for chips/parts outside for weeks. But that should be a thing of the past by now. We'll find out soon enough with your car.

Last edited by JCtx; 07-04-2024 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-04-2024, 03:51 PM
NA4.0
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Did you send your Porsche Id to the dealer? If so, the build will be automatically added when they put in the order and you get V200. Sounds like you're past V210 now, so this is likely a userID mismatch that you should be able to sort out with a call to your SA.

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room For Your New 718. Jump in here.