Notices

Emden to US West Coast @ 2024

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2024, 04:03 PM
Earle
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by 3uros
The port of Emden is now scheduling the Blossom to arrive Friday at 11 CET. Oddly, the previous name (Hoegh Bangkok) is listed instead of Jiuyang Blossom. It seems like Hoegh sold the ship late last year and the name was changed to Jiuyang Blossom.
@3uros Thank you for this info. Where are you getting this link? I searched Jiuyang Blossom and identified the Chinese built a new RoRo with the same name. It is not yet active. The ship tracking page I am monitoring is still indicating the Jiuyang Blossom is still 'parked' outside of Bremerhaven.
Old 03-20-2024, 04:50 PM
3uros
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Earle
@3uros Thank you for this info. Where are you getting this link? I searched Jiuyang Blossom and identified the Chinese built a new RoRo with the same name. It is not yet active. The ship tracking page I am monitoring is still indicating the Jiuyang Blossom is still 'parked' outside of Bremerhaven.
You can check the port of Emden site for upcoming arrivals: https://www.nports.de/en/ports/emden/

Click the "Port Services" tab at the top ---> "Ship Arrivals & Departures" ----> Häfen ----> Emden
The following users liked this post:
Earle (03-20-2024)
Old 03-20-2024, 05:34 PM
zanary
Pro

Received 606 Likes on 290 Posts

You can check the port of Emden site for upcoming arrivals: https://www.nports.de/en/ports/emden/

Click the "Port Services" tab at the top ---> "Ship Arrivals & Departures" ----> Häfen ----> Emden
So the way I read it (when converting to Pacific Time Zone) for us on the West Coast

Jiuyang Blossom will arrive at 7pm on Fri 3/22. Will be loading VW vehicles for the next 36 hours.
Jiuyang Blossom will department at 7am on Sun 3/24 and arrive to Santa Marta on Tues 4/9 > San Diego on Wed 4/24 > Benicia on Fri 4/26

Last edited by zanary; 03-20-2024 at 05:36 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by zanary:
FileTitan (03-20-2024), NAV5 (03-20-2024)
Old 03-20-2024, 05:40 PM
freesole
Instructor

Received 161 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by zanary
So the way I read it (when converting to Pacific Time Zone) for us on the West Coast

Jiuyang Blossom will arrive at 7pm on Fri 3/22. Will be loading VW vehicles for the next 36 hours.
Jiuyang Blossom will department at 7am on Sun 3/24 and arrive to Santa Marta on Tues 4/9 > San Diego on Wed 4/24 > Benicia on Fri 4/26
Man I hope the stay at Benicia is a short one. If lucky, some of us may have our cars in the first 1-2 weeks of May!
zanary (03-20-2024)
Old 03-20-2024, 07:25 PM
3uros
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zanary

Remember, we are 8 hours behind Germany (until March 31st and we will then be 9 hours behind) and the listed times on the port's site are CET

So the Blossom will arrive at 3 AM PDT on Fri 3/22 and depart at 3 PM PDT on Sun 3/24

I have several meetings with colleagues in both Germany and UK several times a week so I am hyper aware of the time difference

Last edited by 3uros; 03-20-2024 at 07:27 PM.
Earle (03-20-2024)
Old 03-20-2024, 11:46 PM
zanary
Pro

Received 606 Likes on 290 Posts

Remember, we are 8 hours behind Germany (until March 31st and we will then be 9 hours behind) and the listed times on the port's site are CET

So the Blossom will arrive at 3 AM PDT on Fri 3/22 and depart at 3 PM PDT on Sun 3/24

I have several meetings with colleagues in both Germany and UK several times a week so I am hyper aware of the time difference
Hahaha. Good catch. I went the wrong way by 8 hours. Oops. So even better that it arrives on Friday morning while we're asleep. Woohoo!
FileTitan (03-21-2024)
Old 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
FileTitan
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts

I am getting excited again after the last major disappointment. Big thanks for the updates!
Old 03-21-2024, 01:17 AM
champsix
8th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

heard from my SA that my vehicle produced on 1/10 and sitting @ Emden since has had the issue addressed and will be on the JB for departure to Benicia this weekend. hoping that all of us with Jan-Feb production on the west coast are in the same spot! if so, congratulations to all of us!!
The following 3 users liked this post by champsix:
3uros (03-21-2024), Earle (03-21-2024), kurquhart (03-21-2024)
Old 03-21-2024, 01:18 AM
FileTitan
Instructor

Originally Posted by champsix
heard from my SA that my vehicle produced on 1/10 and sitting @ Emden since has had the issue addressed and will be on the JB for departure to Benicia this weekend. hoping that all of us with Jan-Feb production on the west coast are in the same spot! if so, congratulations to all of us!!
OH wow! By chance have you asked him what the internal system shows for dates?
Old 03-21-2024, 01:55 AM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

Received 275 Likes on 145 Posts

@champsix Thank you for sharing this update - hopeful news for us Jan - Feb owners! 10 fingers and 10 toes all crossed. Did your SA mention what the issue was that held up our cars? Were they replacing the chips in Emden, slowing down shipments to avoid adding more affected cars to US ports / dealers, dealing with dead batteries, or…?

Originally Posted by FileTitan
OH wow! By chance have you asked him what the internal system shows for dates?

Last edited by Marin Vizsla; 03-21-2024 at 05:34 AM.
Old 03-21-2024, 04:11 AM
champsix
8th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

From the horses mouth…

By all accounts it does appear that this unit [my vehicle] is planned for loading onto vessel Jiuyang Blossom, which is estimated to depart Emden on 3/21. It’s scheduled to dock into San Diego before arriving into Benicia, so it’s too early to tell if it will make it for the month of April. The Jiuyang Blossom is estimated to be carrying nearly 1,400 units for Porsche with close to 1,000 bound just to Benicia. My educated guess is this will be a May delivery.

Regarding the chip, we have assurances that any unit that gets loaded onto a boat will already have the remedy completed, so at least we don’t need to worry about that. Just fingers crossed no other issues.”
The following 3 users liked this post by champsix:
3uros (03-21-2024), Marin Vizsla (03-21-2024), Ricky Bobby (03-24-2024)
Old 03-21-2024, 04:17 AM
FileTitan
Instructor

Only 400 units to SD? jeez
From the horses mouth…

By all accounts it does appear that this unit [my vehicle] is planned for loading onto vessel Jiuyang Blossom, which is estimated to depart Emden on 3/21. It’s scheduled to dock into San Diego before arriving into Benicia, so it’s too early to tell if it will make it for the month of April. The Jiuyang Blossom is estimated to be carrying nearly 1,400 units for Porsche with close to 1,000 bound just to Benicia. My educated guess is this will be a May delivery.

Regarding the chip, we have assurances that any unit that gets loaded onto a boat will already have the remedy completed, so at least we don’t need to worry about that. Just fingers crossed no other issues.”
Old 03-21-2024, 10:16 AM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

Received 275 Likes on 145 Posts

@champsix Thanks again for sharing the insights from your SA. I must say that you have one of the few SAs who follow-up and actually have useful info. Worth their weight in gold. If the account is true, I’m also encouraged that Porsche appears to have replaced the chip with their own technicians while the cars were in Emden; I’d hate for us to wait another couple of weeks for the new chips to be replaced once the cars arrive at the dealers.

Jiuyang just arrived in Bremerhaven port - see screenshot below. The tug boats are helping it to the area where the other RoRos are. It’s going to be an awfully fast turnaround to load Bimmers if it needs to be in Emden by our Friday tomorrow.

From the horses mouth…

Last edited by Marin Vizsla; 03-21-2024 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-21-2024, 12:39 PM
3uros
Rennlist Member

From the horses mouth…

I wonder where your SA is getting this info. My SA definitely doesn't have this much intel from the PSVMS. Nonetheless, great news!
Old 03-21-2024, 03:19 PM
3uros
Rennlist Member

Just posted in the 992 thread that another poster and I received an email a few minutes ago that our cars have left the port. I doubt it if we are on a ship and it seems like TYD emailed us early. Gives me hope that I will definitely make it on the Jiuyang Blossom tomorrow

Last edited by 3uros; 03-21-2024 at 03:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Emden to US West Coast @ 2024