Notices

Emden to US West Coast @ 2024

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2024, 05:39 PM
Mike981S
Pro

Received 402 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Superpeter
What's the over/under on when these cars will make it to the PNW? Are you getting any guidance from your SA?
Based on experience, it is normally depends on the following:
  • Any pending port actions (like replacing recalled parts, fix things that were broken during transport, installing port install options)
  • Regulatory holds (e.g., the recent forced labor chips)
  • backlog at port waiting for transport
  • availability of slot on car carrier truck to your dealer and the time it takes to drive from port to dealer
For a normal delivery without big disruptions, it mainly depends on the last item. For a delivery from Benicia to the Seattle area, it normally takes 1 to 3 weeks.

Originally Posted by s182
I'm also in the PNW. My original TYD ETA was 7/27 and about a week ago my SA told me I was likely looking at end of July or a few days in to August for vehicle pickup.
That aligns with my estimate.
Old 07-19-2024, 10:47 PM
Dicecal
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 39 Posts

Looks like the next ship is the Lake Geneva:

Old Yesterday, 08:54 PM
jhardy
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 87 Posts

Hey guys, took delivery yesterday. Happened in a whirlwind - car got to SD port Monday and dealer called me yesterday morning saying it’s here. Hopefully that quick turnaround bodes well for others. My first 911 and just wow. Only have driven it 100 or so miles so far but am blown away already as a converted BMW driver. The fit and finish, the driver feel but also just how practical it still feels as a daily driver, I’m discovering the 911 is an icon for a reason! Good luck to others.

The following 2 users liked this post by jhardy:
kurquhart (Today), Xxyion (Today)
Old Yesterday, 09:03 PM
s182
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Congrats! I know mine is now in Benicia as the Crystal Ray has departed and is on its was to Shanghai. Hoping for quick processing through in Benicia as well as short transit time to PNW. I know there are a few PNW members with cars in Benicia now so I'm hoping that bodes well for quick full transport truck up here.

Last edited by s182; Today at 02:53 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Superpeter (Today)
Old Today, 02:50 AM
Superpeter
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep seems like quite a few of us waiting up here n the PNW 😀 My SA thinks if no delays we might have the car end of next week or early the following. Fingers crossed.

Originally Posted by s182
Congrats! I know mine is now in Benicia as the Crystal Leader has departed and is on its was to Shanghai. Hoping for quick processing through in Benicia as well as short transit time to PNW. I know there are a few PNW members with cars in Benicia now so I'm hoping that bodes well for quick full transport truck up here.
Old Today, 03:26 AM
Sesselmarder
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My car was sitting in Benicia for about four weeks. Yesterday I randomly drove to my dealer to discuss some things. Suddenly a truck pulls
up and my car was on it. Totally unexpected and nobody knew about it… I waited about 4 hours and they did the PDI and car detailing right away. In the end I drove home with my new baby…

The following 2 users liked this post by Sesselmarder:
996love (Today), kurquhart (Today)

Quick Reply: Emden to US West Coast @ 2024