Emden to US West Coast @ 2024

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2024, 06:32 PM
ThrustNormal
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 7382929296
TYD updated, car has left Benicia!
When did you get the email? Was it before or after the ship had actually sailed? Or was it only a TYD update? Trying to figure out when these things update, if its when the car is loaded on board or sometime after it has set sail.

Last edited by ThrustNormal; 03-13-2024 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-13-2024, 06:43 PM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

Received 275 Likes on 145 Posts

What the....? Did they load the ship using LIFO method? My 911 has been sitting in Emden since mid-January like yours and I didn't receive a notification either so that's not a good sign. Granted, my car is going to Benicia so it was always tentative for the Companion route. I'll see if my sales rep has updated dates on their internal tracking system. Anyway, congrats again getting one car loaded at least.

P.S. Check out the latest Stena Glovis schedule on the PWL site. Per the week 11 schedule at least, they removed SD altogether from the route of the next west coast bound ship (Jiuyang Blossom) arriving in Emden on 03/23; Blossom is only heading to Benicia. Glovis Courage has SD on its route but it's not arriving in Emden until 04/24 (!). Of course, these schedules change quite a bit so just a heads-up.

Originally Posted by FileTitan
Nope!!!!!! Just spoke with my SA and my 911 has been pushed back till the end of the month... mind you the 911 arrived a month early compared to the Panamera
Old 03-13-2024, 07:47 PM
zanary
Pro

Received 584 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Marin Vizsla
What the....? Did they load the ship using LIFO method? My 911 has been sitting in Emden since mid-January like yours and I didn't receive a notification either so that's not a good sign. Granted, my car is going to Benicia so it was always tentative for the Companion route. I'll see if my sales rep has updated dates on their internal tracking system. Anyway, congrats again getting one car loaded at least.

P.S. Check out the latest Stena Glovis schedule on the PWL site. Per the week 11 schedule at least, they removed SD altogether from the route of the next west coast bound ship (Jiuyang Blossom) arriving in Emden on 03/23; Blossom is only heading to Benicia. Glovis Courage has SD on its route but it's not arriving in Emden until 04/24 (!). Of course, these schedules change quite a bit so just a heads-up.
I didn't make Glovis Companion either, so my next opportunity is Jiuyang Blossom and that has a departure date of 3/23. It is scheduled to make a few extra stops which increasing the time at sea just over 30 days.

3/23 - Embed, Germany
4/9 - Santa Marta, Colombia
4/14 - Manta,Ecuador (highlighted in blue, so they could skip this if there's isn't any vehicles heading to this port, I think)
4/26 - Benicia, California

(1) If they skip Manta, Ecuador that might reduce by 3 to 5 days (just guessing on my part as it's south of the Panama Canal)
(2) Could there be another vessel between Glovis Companion and Jiuyang Blossomheading to Benicia, California? I haven't found any so far hopefully something appears between now and 3/23.

Here are the direct links to all of the shipping schedule that I know of for the next few weeks I guess.

Steva Glovis Complete = https://www.pwl.de/misc/filePush.php...lovis+CW11.PDF
Stena Glovis East/West Coast = https://stenaglovis.com/app/uploads/...nsatlantic.pdf
Volkswagen Export Schedule = https://www.pwl.de/misc/filePush.php...+KW09.2024.PDF
Ellerman City Liners = https://www.pwl.de/misc/filePush.php...ULE+202418.pdf

Last edited by zanary; 03-13-2024 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-13-2024, 08:10 PM
3uros
Rennlist Member

Received 366 Likes on 208 Posts

Seems like I didn't make Glovis Companion either! It will suck if I have to wait until Glovis Courage
Old 03-13-2024, 09:17 PM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

We can commiserate together @zanary @3uros . I forgot: when did your cars arrive in Emden - was it also January and early Feb?

Reading the other threads in the 992 forum (plus @FileTitan earlier posting), it appears a lot of cars that were loaded onto the Companion arrived in Emden during mid-February to early March. Not to read too much into the tea leaves but this must be on the account the Feb and Mar built cars already have the new chips. Granted it's a small sample size but it seems the cars still stuck in Emden were January build or earlier and maybe - just maybe - the old chips still haven't been swapped out? Porsche is trying to wait for the backlog at the US ports and dealers to subside before bringing in the earlier builds. I can't think of any other reason why they did a LIFO approach when loading the Companion.

[QUOTE=zanary;19330976]I didn't make Glovis Companion either, so my next opportunity is Jiuyang Blossom and that has a departure date of 3/23. It is scheduled to make a few extra stops which increasing the time at sea just over 30 days. /QUOTE]
The following users liked this post:
Earle (03-13-2024)
Old 03-13-2024, 09:22 PM
Earle
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 72 Posts

I to appear to not make it on Glovis Companion . My next chance is Jiuyang Blossom that hopefully makes it to Benicia in April. Sigh. I was really counting on getting on Glovis Companion as I have been waiting in Emden since 2/7.

I feel the same frustration @Marin Vizsla @zanary and many others.
Old 03-13-2024, 09:27 PM
3uros
Rennlist Member

I forgot: when did your cars arrive in Emden - was it also January and early Feb?
My car arrived in Emden on Feb 29th and was produced on Feb 28th so that's why I am even more confused since my car should have the "new" chip. I reached out to my SA but he's OOO until Friday so I really won't know for sure until then. TYD could be delayed for some of us (Me being optimistic).
Old 03-13-2024, 09:29 PM
zanary
Pro

We can commiserate together @zanary @3uros . I forgot: when did your cars arrive in Emden - was it also January and early Feb?

Reading the other threads in the 992 forum (plus @FileTitan earlier posting), it appears a lot of cars that were loaded onto the Companion arrived in Emden during mid-February to early March. Not to read too much into the tea leaves but this must be on the account the Feb and Mar built cars already have the new chips. Granted it's a small sample size but it seems the cars still stuck in Emden were January build or earlier and maybe - just maybe - the old chips still haven't been swapped out? Porsche is trying to wait for the backlog at the US ports and dealers to subside before bringing in the earlier builds. I can't think of any other reason why they did a LIFO approach when loading the Companion.
I got to Emden yesterday 😉 I was sitting in WERKS 2 for 60 days waiting for the chip as the STOP SALE occurred the last day my T was getting all of the Exclusive Manufakur items installed. The chip was installed last week, and it was on its way to Emden. Now I waiting boarding on a vessel for the Bay Area!
The following 2 users liked this post by zanary:
Earle (03-15-2024), kurquhart (03-13-2024)
Old 03-13-2024, 09:55 PM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

Sounds like my conspiracy theory is shot now. I hope your optimism is right.

Well, Jiuyang Blossom is running one day ahead of schedule at least. Scheduled to arrive in Bremerhaven on 03/19 vs 03/20 per Glovis schedule. It’s in the Mediterranean now and heading towards the Straits of Gilbratar.

Originally Posted by 3uros
My car arrived in Emden on Feb 29th and was produced on Feb 28th so that's why I am even more confused since my car should have the "new" chip. I reached out to my SA but he's OOO until Friday so I really won't know for sure until then. TYD could be delayed for some of us (Me being optimistic).

zanary (03-13-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 12:57 AM
FileTitan
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts

[QUOTE=Marin Vizsla;19331120]We can commiserate together @zanary @3uros . I forgot: when did your cars arrive in Emden - was it also January and early Feb?

Originally Posted by zanary
I didn't make Glovis Companion either, so my next opportunity is Jiuyang Blossom and that has a departure date of 3/23. It is scheduled to make a few extra stops which increasing the time at sea just over 30 days. /QUOTE]
I believe this is true, This issue came to light after my 911 left the factory, during the Panamera build the build was delayed and once released it made its way to port and loaded on the Companion.
Old 03-14-2024, 12:56 PM
3uros
Rennlist Member

Well, Jiuyang Blossom is running one day ahead of schedule at least. Scheduled to arrive in Bremerhaven on 03/19 vs 03/20 per Glovis schedule. It’s in the Mediterranean now and heading towards the Straits of Gilbratar.
I've given up on hoping for the Glovis Companion. TYD has been delayed at times but it still has mostly been accurate for me (I'm willing to bet that I would've gotten the email by now if my car was indeed on the Companion). I'm now hoping SD is added back to the schedule for Jiuyang Blossom. It doesn't make sense to skip SD and only go to Benicia unless there is some sort of load factor with industrial equipment being loaded or unloaded in either of the S. American ports. If you look up the BOL for ships like the Supreme Ace, there are lots of industrial equipment loaded and unloaded in addition to thousands of cars.

Last edited by 3uros; 03-14-2024 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-14-2024, 01:09 PM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

Yes, I've given up hope as well about the Companion. I asked my sales rep to send me a screenshot of the latest milestone dates from their internal tracking system since the previous sets of dates roughly aligned with the Companion's port dates. He was out yesterday and will be back today. I'll provide an update once I get the info - just in case there's the .0000001% chance there was a screw up in the TYD / e-mail notification system somewhere and some of you might be in the same situation. Stay tuned...

P.S. Jiuyang is now two days ahead of schedule towards Bremerhaven. Expected to arrive there on 03/18 now instead of 03/20 before arriving at Emden.

Originally Posted by 3uros
I've given up on hoping for the Glovis Companion. TYD has been delayed at times but it still has mostly been accurate for me (I'm willing to bet that I would've gotten the email by now if my car was indeed on the Companion). I'm now hoping SD is added back to the schedule for Jiuyang Blossom. It doesn't make sense to skip SD and only go to Benicia unless there is some sort of load factor with industrial equipment being loaded or unloaded in either of the S. American ports. If you look up the BOL for ships like the Supreme Ace, there are lots of industrial equipment loaded and unloaded in addition to thousands of cars.
3uros (03-14-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 02:15 PM
zanary
Pro

Yes, I've given up hope as well about the Companion. I asked my sales rep to send me a screenshot of the latest milestone dates from their internal tracking system since the previous sets of dates roughly aligned with the Companion's port dates. He was out yesterday and will be back today. I'll provide an update once I get the info - just in case there's the .0000001% chance there was a screw up in the TYD / e-mail notification system somewhere and some of you might be in the same situation. Stay tuned...

P.S. Jiuyang is now two days ahead of schedule towards Bremerhaven. Expected to arrive there on 03/18 now instead of 03/20 before arriving at Emden.
I hope we get on Jiuyang Blossom, otherwise we are delayed another 30 days for Glovis Courage.

Ideally it would be awesome we get on Jiuyang Blossom, and they skip Mantis, Ecuador (it's showing as blue on the worksheet) and go directly to Benicia from Santa Marta Columbia
The following 2 users liked this post by zanary:
freesole (03-15-2024), Marin Vizsla (03-14-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 02:59 PM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

If we don't get on the Jiuyang next week either (God forbid), we should start a Go Fund Me and hire a C130 plane to fly the cars over.

Apologies if you've already seen this but I found this interesting video on YouTube about the 992 early test models. I thought y'all might enjoy it to bide your time between ship tracking. There are lots of scenes of Marin in the background for those who live in / familiar with the Bay Area.

Originally Posted by zanary
I hope we get on Jiuyang Blossom, otherwise we are delayed another 30 days for Glovis Courage.

Ideally it would be awesome we get on Jiuyang Blossom, and they skip Mantis, Ecuador (it's showing as blue on the worksheet) and go directly to Benicia from Santa Marta Columbia
(
)
zanary (03-14-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 03:17 PM
zanary
Pro

If we don't get on the Jiuyang next week either (God forbid), we should start a Go Fund Me and hire a C130 plane to fly the cars over.

Apologies if you've already seen this but I found this interesting video on YouTube about the 992 early test models. I thought y'all might enjoy it to bide your time between ship tracking. There are lots of scenes of Marin in the background for those who live in / familiar with the Bay Area.
Awesome video. I've never seen it before. I've been watching this one that Porsche sent last week when my car was done and heading to the port. Watching it ever few days 😉

https://player.vimeo.com/video/655336574
Marin Vizsla (03-14-2024)

Quick Reply: Emden to US West Coast @ 2024