Notices

Emden to US West Coast @ 2024

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2024, 03:29 PM
FileTitan
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts

I am trying to figure out what the hell is going on with my 911 (no email today). My SA has no clue and sent an updated screenshot from their internal tracking system. Still shows 3/29 for expected exit date. Do you guys have any updated screenshots and can you confirm the dates for accuracy for me?

Old 03-25-2024, 03:48 PM
zanary
Pro

Received 606 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by Marin Vizsla
Forgot to mention that TYD web version now shows Milestone 8 (Left German Port) has been reached but subsequent milestones still show "Not Available" for dates. The My Porsche mobile app still shows Milestone 7 on the other hand.
I had to do a pull to refresh and than tap on the 1/2 on the map for it to update the mobile app. The web site was updated immediately when I receive the email
Old 03-25-2024, 03:55 PM
3uros
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 211 Posts

Congrats to all whose cars were loaded onto the Jiuyang Blossom. @FileTitan , sorry to hear that your car didn't make it. Fingers crossed you make it onto the Poseidon Leader that's departing Emden on April 13th.

EDIT: Seems like there is also another ship bound for SD called the Cepheus Leader departing Emden on April 3rd.

Last edited by 3uros; 03-25-2024 at 03:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
FileTitan (03-25-2024)
Old 03-25-2024, 04:01 PM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

Received 275 Likes on 145 Posts

Again, sorry that it doesn’t appear you got loaded on Jiuyang today. I’ve attached a screenshot of what my sales rep had been sharing with me during the delay. Other than the 03/15 Emden exit date, the 04/26 Benicia date aligns with Jiuyang’s schedule. Even though I missed not getting on Glovis Companion, the 04/26 date led me to believe I would get on Jiuyang.

Same as 3uros, I checked NYK shipping schedule site and they do have Cepheus Leader landing in Emden on April 2 and arriving in San Diego on May 1. Pretty close to those dates your SA shared - that might be it. There’s also the week 13 schedule Glovis will be publishing shortly - they may have added a ship.

good luck!

Originally Posted by FileTitan
I am trying to figure out what the hell is going on with my 911 (no email today). My SA has no clue and sent an updated screenshot from their internal tracking system. Still shows 3/29 for expected exit date. Do you guys have any updated screenshots and can you confirm the dates for accuracy for me?

FileTitan (03-25-2024)
Old 03-25-2024, 04:06 PM
zanary
Pro

Received 606 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by FileTitan
That screen shot is very interesting. I've never seen 345 and 346 status codes before. My guess is that your 911 is still possibly waiting for the chip update at Emdem... which might explain why 331 doesn't have a date yet as that signals them to get it ready for a upcoming trip across the pond.

Mine sat at the factory until it received the chip and only then was it ready to be send to Emden and scheduled for a boat. I was stuck at WRKS 2 at the Exclusive Manufakur parking lot for almost 2 months (290) while I waited for the chip, but as soon as it was done, it quickly progressed to 300, 331, and today 332. Now the long wait until U014...
Old 03-25-2024, 04:09 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,689 Likes on 928 Posts

Again, sorry that it doesn’t appear you got loaded on Jiuyang today. I’ve attached a screenshot of what my sales rep had been sharing with me during the delay. Other than the 03/15 Emden exit date, the 04/26 Benicia date aligns with Jiuyang’s schedule. Even though I missed not getting on Glovis Companion, the 04/26 date led me to believe I would get on Jiuyang.

Same as 3uros, I checked NYK shipping schedule site and they do have Cepheus Leader landing in Emden on April 2 and arriving in San Diego on May 1. Pretty close to those dates your SA shared - that might be it. There’s also the week 13 schedule Glovis will be publishing shortly - they may have added a ship.

good luck!

Huh... my Benicia date is different than yours by a week... but all other dates are the same.

Last edited by n4v4nod; 03-25-2024 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-25-2024, 05:29 PM
FileTitan
Instructor

Thanks for the support guys!
Old 03-25-2024, 05:43 PM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

I looked up Illingen (related to codes 345 and 346) and it's a city / town northwest of Stuttgart. Not sure why they moved FileTitan's car there for three days before then moving it to Emden. Mystery deepens...

Originally Posted by zanary
That screen shot is very interesting. I've never seen 345 and 346 status codes before. My guess is that your 911 is still possibly waiting for the chip update at Emdem... which might explain why 331 doesn't have a date yet as that signals them to get it ready for a upcoming trip across the pond.

Mine sat at the factory until it received the chip and only then was it ready to be send to Emden and scheduled for a boat. I was stuck at WRKS 2 at the Exclusive Manufakur parking lot for almost 2 months (290) while I waited for the chip, but as soon as it was done, it quickly progressed to 300, 331, and today 332. Now the long wait until U014...
The following 2 users liked this post by Marin Vizsla:
FileTitan (03-26-2024), zanary (03-25-2024)
Old 03-26-2024, 10:32 AM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

Here’s the latest Week 13 schedule from Glovis. A couple of observations: 1) It went back to the old format for some reason, 2) the San Diego stopover date for Jiuyang has been pulled in now to 04/20 vs. old 04/24, 3) even though Jiuyang will arrive in SD earlier, the Benicia stopover dates remains at 04/26 - not sure why it will take 6 days to go up the coast unless the crew plans on some R&R in SD. I hope the Benicia date will get pulled in too as we get closer.

The next west coast bound Glovis boat continues to be the Courage which won’t leave Emden until 04/24 - a whole month from now! Both SD and Benicia are showing tentative for Courage. For FileTitan and others, let’s hope Porsche contracted with NYK Cepheus Leader to bring west coast cars during this Glovis shipping schedule dry period.

P.S. Jiuyang is midway through the English Channel as of this early morning.

Last edited by Marin Vizsla; 03-26-2024 at 11:59 AM.
freesole (03-26-2024)
Old 03-26-2024, 11:42 AM
FileTitan
Instructor

I am keeping my fingers crossed that my car somehow magically leaves port on the 29th (what they have in their internal tracking system). Maybe via canoe, teleportation or via another ship similar to the king. Time will tell haha

Here’s the latest Week 13 schedule from Glovis. A couple of observations: 1) It went back to the old format for some reason, 2) the San Diego stopover date has been pulled in now to 04/20 vs. old 04/24, 3) even though it’ll arrive in SD earlier, Benicia stopover dates remains at 04/26 - not sure why it will take 6 days to go up the coast unless the crew plans on some R&R in SD. I hope the Benicia date will get pulled in too as we get closer.

The next west coast bound Glovis boat continues to be the Courage which won’t leave Emden until 04/24 - a whole month from now. Both SD and Benicia are showing tentative for Courage. For FileTitan and others, let’s hope Porsche contracted with NYK Cepheus Leader to bring west coast cars during this dry period.

P.S. Jiuyang is midway through the English Channel as of this early morning.

Old 03-26-2024, 12:23 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,689 Likes on 928 Posts

Originally Posted by Earle
Published schedule for JB is to arrive in Santa Marta on April 9, vessel finder has it arriving on April 6th. I am wondering If I am interpreting these as arrival and departure times? It would be SOOO nice if the above schedule turned into reality!
Both have 4/9 now.
Earle (03-26-2024)
Old 03-26-2024, 12:49 PM
Earle
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 73 Posts

My TYD app updated around the same time I received the email. The TYD website was much slower to reflect the status change, it finally updated yesterday evening. I promptly inspected the webpage source to gather more intel. My status is still listed at V300 (Vehicle Completion). I don't see any ship information (I man not be looking in the correct place). I have fairly high confidence that I'm on JB as it's the only boat going to Benicia. I will be signing up for enhanced tracking, what else can I do to keep me engaged? I can relate to the kids watching the Santa tracker on Christmas Eve!
I see that JB is still updating its position as the terrestrial positioning is active. The current arrival in Santa Marta from vessel finder is April 10 @ 2AM. Let hope for a smooth trouble free journey and no mishaps.

Thoughts go out to those impacted in the Maryland bridge collapse.
Old 03-26-2024, 03:58 PM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

Based on my own experience and other recent postings, I believe that TYD hack to see what ship a car is on doesn't work anymore. It might have worked earlier but looks like Porsche corrected the loophole. If you received the e-mail notification yesterday, I think it's safe to say you're on Jiuyang. I believe your sales rep should have visibility on the ship name through their internal tracking system though - you can check with them if you want 100% certainty.

I noticed there are certain dead spots where you lose visibility to the ship's position. Especially as the ship crosses the Atlantic. Then again, I only use the free level of service with Vessel Finder & Marine Traffic so with paid service, you may not have that issue.

What else to keep you engaged? Keep glancing at the elevator shot from build, endlessly watch YouTube videos about your particular model, see what extras you need to buy from Suncoast parts, etc.

Let's hope for glass mirror - smooth waters over the Atlantic and Pacific and a fast transport through the Panama Canal over the next three weeks.

Originally Posted by Earle
My TYD app updated around the same time I received the email. The TYD website was much slower to reflect the status change, it finally updated yesterday evening. I promptly inspected the webpage source to gather more intel. My status is still listed at V300 (Vehicle Completion). I don't see any ship information (I man not be looking in the correct place). I have fairly high confidence that I'm on JB as it's the only boat going to Benicia. I will be signing up for enhanced tracking, what else can I do to keep me engaged? I can relate to the kids watching the Santa tracker on Christmas Eve!
I see that JB is still updating its position as the terrestrial positioning is active. The current arrival in Santa Marta from vessel finder is April 10 @ 2AM. Let hope for a smooth trouble free journey and no mishaps.

Thoughts go out to those impacted in the Maryland bridge collapse.
Earle (03-26-2024)
Old 03-26-2024, 04:12 PM
3uros
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 211 Posts

Yes, under the Shipping/Invoicing tab in the PSVMS, your SA can see current vehicle location and the ship the vehicle is on.

Earle (03-26-2024)
Old 03-26-2024, 04:32 PM
Earle
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 73 Posts

JP is going the wrong way! Maybe they are returning to ping up @FileTitan !

I hope everything Is okay!

Quick Reply: Emden to US West Coast @ 2024