991 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 12:44 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 856 Likes on 583 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Missing the entire premise.

It was stated by Porsche and people here who I listened to that the GT2RS would be available plenty to go around.

After making calls to my local dealer because they gave me trouble as I buy cars out of town. The mechanic who worked on my CGT moved to sales so thought give him some business. They have one could get another 1 or 2 and will seek the highest bidder 2-300k over msrp.

If that is how things work then I am out of the GT2RS - the 3RS is a good car but after working my entire life and wanting to reward myself unlike your 3 year old I built a garage to house a few groups of cars.

After learning Porsche's ways which I was not aware of prior it's not worth paying ADM - why that is so hard to comprehend. I am a car guy that decided to build a collection that gets driven if that's nonsense it's nonsense to you not too me. It comes down to anyone who does business they do business with people they like and I choose not to do business with Porsche so I sell the 3RS and send the CGT to my friends dealer who has a long list of VIP's that live in his town or sell the CGT which is not an easy thing to do. 2RS read the thread my thoughts are on par with everyone who wants one and unwilling to pay adm. It's the guys who have or want zero skin in the game that took the cheap shots as did you.
Makes total sense.

So why don't you sell your Porsche's and move on and stop visiting Porsche forums and fighting with 918 VIP's, 911R owners etc. Seems like a waste of your time. Not trying to pick a fight with you or annoy you - just not sure what you're trying to prove or accomplish. Or just keep your Porsche's and enjoy them. They're awesome cars.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:53 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Allocations are here and they are meager. I am not sure if there will be a second round of these but I certainly hope so! The call went out again to dealers to put all of the orders into V070 status...hopefully they will actually look at them and increase production for this car and the GT3 as well....
Old 08-30-2017, 01:10 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
I read somewhere it is proportional to wing size.

I have a small one that's why I just bought a wingless Aston V12 Vantage S wit the dogleg.
Would be interested on your feedback on the Aston- but not the other little thing
Old 08-30-2017, 01:53 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche
The call went out again to dealers to put all of the orders into V070 status...hopefully they will actually look at them and increase production for this car and the GT3 as well....
Who did the "call" come from, if you don't mind my asking?

As I understand it, this "call" (from whoever) to put all orders into a v070 status is, in effect, asking dealers to report the number of customers they have on their "list" who want to buy, say, a GT car.

Is that you're understanding, too?

If so, It seems, as you say, like a positive sign.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:38 PM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Allocations are here and they are meager. I am not sure if there will be a second round of these but I certainly hope so! The call went out again to dealers to put all of the orders into V070 status...hopefully they will actually look at them and increase production for this car and the GT3 as well....
If you haven't heard from your dealer yet, you probably aren't getting one, or your dealer is working on his ADM pitch to you.

Allocations are out and they are light. Production starts next March for VIPs and then July through November for RIPs (Regular IPs).

Nuvolari, you can sell your used cars and leave now, I told you you wouldn't get an allocation!
Old 08-30-2017, 02:54 PM
thegoat
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talked to my local dealer this morning. They also received their first allocation, just one (went to a 918 VIP), and received the same message to put in any orders.

I read this as good as I'm next in line. But if there is no one behind me, I may be the one left holding the bag since the model is to not meet demand at 100%.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:13 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by fuddman
Who did the "call" come from, if you don't mind my asking?

As I understand it, this "call" (from whoever) to put all orders into a v070 status is, in effect, asking dealers to report the number of customers they have on their "list" who want to buy, say, a GT car.

Is that you're understanding, too?

If so, It seems, as you say, like a positive sign.

The area rep from my region asked all dealers to do this. Apparently some dealers are not ordering the GT cars for customers and therefore do not have names attached which is skewing the production numbers needed by Porsche to make the case to add production capacity.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:28 PM
Bhofolo
Track Day

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

A little while back I asked for feed back on the Vantage V12S Dogleg on here.
You were all very helpful.
I am quoting you Sir as I know you too did show interest in the V12S vantage 7 speed.
I suggest grabbing one while you can.

After my Rennlist enquiry, I made the thankful mistake of taking one for a drive, and I was smitten.
After driving this little monster, I really feel that this car is a secret that is yet to be found out! I am just happy to have been able to get one !
As we all know, it is a totally different experience to a Porsche, but for me at least, not at all any less exciting as a road car.
In fact, it feels more of an event to me on the road. It totally consumes me !
It has joined my R and I hold on to both of them for dear life !
Old 08-30-2017, 03:31 PM
Bhofolo
Track Day

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Apologies for no "quote"
I was trying to be of help to Jimmy-D
Old 08-30-2017, 04:13 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Apparently some dealers are not ordering the GT cars for customers and therefore do not have names attached which is skewing the production numbers needed by Porsche to make the case to add production capacity.
When you say dealers are not ordering GT cars for their customers, that sounds as if a dealership is able to submit (V070 status) "orders" on however many GT cars they want, so long as a customer, in some way, stands behind the order. Do you suppose that's actually the case?

I understand an "order" (V070 status) is not the same thing as an allocation
Old 08-30-2017, 04:48 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
Makes total sense.

So why don't you sell your Porsche's and move on and stop visiting Porsche forums and fighting with 918 VIP's, 911R owners etc. Seems like a waste of your time. Not trying to pick a fight with you or annoy you - just not sure what you're trying to prove or accomplish. Or just keep your Porsche's and enjoy them. They're awesome cars.
Agree - if you are saying the 918 R VIP's can't handle a spirited conversation or the dealers can't be called out for ordering cars to seek ADM then you or others are willing to give in. I learned being on the Mclaren forum the Ivory Tower reads these posts and they certainly should it's their product being misrepresented.

We all come here to learn or share information - what better way than to get dirty. No offense but it's car talk the first car race came about when the 2nd car was completed it's what passionate drivers do.

Who knows maybe just maybe Porsche calls the dealers and puts an end to the games - ruffling a few feathers never bothered and if it doesn't pan out than I move on either way it's all in fun.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:57 PM
thegoat
Instructor

When you say dealers are not ordering GT cars for their customers, that sounds as if a dealership is able to submit (V070 status) "orders" on however many GT cars they want, so long as a customer, in some way, stands behind the order. Do you suppose that's actually the case?

I understand an "order" (V070 status) is not the same thing as an allocation
That's my understanding on the code. An order being entered or received but not confirmed or allocated is V070. I think they can enter V070s until their face is blue.

When I put in my 2RS order, there was an option to do a dealer or a customer order. I suspect Porsche is ignoring dealer orders, but that's just speculation. The dealers on here should comment if they're not forced to keep quiet on the matter.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:20 PM
Al Pettee
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by TB993tt
This is a marketing answer par for AP's No2....

The GT2s up to the 997GT2RS were just about spot on for their market which was customers who wanted a very sharp RWD turbo this is a small market as seen by the sub 1500 unit production runs (of previous GT2s)

The GT2RS was borne from the "lighty" version of the 997GT2 which AP and his gang persuaded management to build, it was numbered so sold quite well although they were easy enough to buy back then as they were a depreciating car.

My view is that this time Porsche did not have the time to do a 991GT2 run and also the 997 cars (GT2 and GT2RS) were so similar that it made sense to just produce one model (which TBH is more a GT2 than an RS in terms of its weight) and to ditch the numbered plaqued niche which in turn meant they could make more. charge more and everyone would be happy.
Nah, it's just a marketing reason. Just like when AP said the GT3 engine doesn't "fit" with a manual, and now it does. PAG could have made a 991GT2 (even with a manual-which I might be interested in if they ever made one!) and a 991GT2RS, but they didn't see the business case for a GT2 (manual or PDK), based on their market analysis of demand, not due to actual inability to fit it into the production capacity. From their own quotes, the board approved the GT2RS mainly to demonstrate the 991's ability to be the fastest production car in its market segment, and they still don't know what the demand for the car will be as evidenced by the posts on this thread....
Old 08-30-2017, 05:53 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by thegoat
I think they can enter V070s until their face is blue.
If true, it makes me wonder why dealers wouldn't just submit V070's instead of constructing "lists?" By doing the former, it appears the dealer could avoid being the bad guy that selects who gets one. Instead, someone up the chain would be blamed.

On second thought, I can think of one possible reason dealers would prefer not to submit a V070. That is if a final price is necessary before that code can be accepted in the system. Pure guess.

Originally Posted by thegoat
When I put in my 2RS order, there was an option to do a dealer or a customer order. I suspect Porsche is ignoring dealer orders, but that's just speculation. The dealers on here should comment if they're not forced to keep quiet on the matter.
I don't know the difference between the dealer order versus customer order. Is the dealer order an order for a lot car?
Old 08-30-2017, 06:01 PM
thegoat
Instructor

If true, it makes me wonder why dealers wouldn't just submit V070's instead of constructing "lists?" By doing the former, it appears the dealer could avoid being the bad guy that selects who gets one. Instead, someone up the chain would be blamed.

On second thought, I can think of one possible reason dealers would prefer not to submit a V070. That is if a final price is necessary before that code can be accepted in the system. Pure guess.

I don't know the difference between the dealer order versus customer order. Is the dealer order an order for a lot car?
Yes, dealer order is for dealer stock/lot.

I believe I needed a build code to enter the V070 order and they attached it to my name. I also put in a small deposit and signed some preliminary paperwork I think. When the allocation hits, they'll be calling asking for a real deposit.

I don't know why they don't put in orders for lists. Probably because people flake when it comes time to put down real money, so they only put a handful in??? Also, they couldn't put in an order until Porsche opened up the ordering a couple months ago - so, nothing to do with the lists they've been holding for a year.

Just waiting for someone to come along and correct me....

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS