Notices

Porsche Singapore?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 03:05 AM
roadsleeper
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

foxfrc5 - Yeah I saw that... I'll try to do a search for that thread.

Here's the link to my Pelican thread: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=467419
Old 06-11-2009, 09:23 PM
pzull
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

roadsleeper, did alex tune your car?
where did you get that old exhaust system with the cross over pipes? looks like one that I built long time ago (magnaflow muffs right?)

Last edited by pzull; 06-12-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:39 AM
roadsleeper
Racer

Originally Posted by pzull
roadsleeper, did alex tune your car?
where did you get that old exhaust system with the cross over pipes? looks like one that I built long time ago (magnaflow muffs right?)
Nope, Rhommell did, but Angmoh Tatlow built it.

The old system came with the car when I bought it. Are you the guy who designed it by researching flow dynamics and stuff?
Old 06-12-2009, 09:49 PM
pzull
Burning Brakes

yeah i think so. strange it came with your car as I dont think yours is my ex-car which was midnite blue metallic

For your track setup don't just go for larger pipes after the headers. you'll lose torque. Get megaphones. Burnsstainless let's you customise length, flare angle and reverse cone http://www.burnsstainless.com/Megaph...egaphones.html you need to see your dynograph to calculate the above for your desired tuning point (rpm sweet spot). Use this link http://www.headerdesign.com/extras/design.asp for calculator. Read the theory, it's interesting and works (leave out the cross pipes for track setup as it is mainly for street setup where you want broader power band but compromises a little at top end
Old 06-14-2009, 12:17 PM
roadsleeper
Racer

It may have been bought by someone and sold to my car's previous owner. Props for a very nice sounding, and free flowing design.

Many thanks for the links, I will have to go through them with my thinking cap on, but this will definitely help.

I am currently running a Fabspeed RSR set-up with interchangeable muffler box and straight pipes.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:56 AM
pzull
Burning Brakes

Do u know what the insides of the fabspeed rsr look like? Hope there isnt amixing. Chamber in there.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:30 AM
hackzi
Advanced

Originally Posted by roadsleeper
foxfrc5 - Cool. I'll check out the forum. Glad to know that the air-cooled scene is heating back up in SG.

hackzi - Welcome to the club Were you parked on B1 on the hotel side of One Fullerton on Saturday (I think)?

If nothing else, try stripping some of the heavier interior components out (i.e., bucket seats, lighter carpet, etc.), since you have a C2, a lot of the weight will be in the interior. After that, do chip, intake and exhaust and maybe even hotter cams and you'll be pretty happy
Nope, wasn't me at One Fullerton. Thanks for the mod tips..... will enjoy the car as it is for now before the mod bug hits.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:41 PM
roadsleeper
Racer

Do u know what the insides of the fabspeed rsr look like? Hope there isnt amixing. Chamber in there.
The car has been on the dyno over the past two days as bigger injectors were fitted and it is currently churning out ~355 hp. This is with either the muffler or the straight pipes fitted, which leads me to believe that there is no mixing chamber in the muffler...

Those megaphones you posted the link for are very very interesting!
Old 06-19-2009, 10:42 PM
pzull
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by roadsleeper
The car has been on the dyno over the past two days as bigger injectors were fitted and it is currently churning out ~355 hp. This is with either the muffler or the straight pipes fitted, which leads me to believe that there is no mixing chamber in the muffler...

Those megaphones you posted the link for are very very interesting!
Do you have the dynographs? Right now if the straight pipes are equal diameter throughtout your tuning point will be very narrow. The megaphones spread the tuning point over a wider range of rpms. Target rpm being tuned (effect is sonic turbo charging) is determined by the length of your header primaries. It "slams" a denser fuel charge into the combustion chamber. As such the fuel mix and ignition advance need to be tuned for the new design to maximise for tuned region otherwise just slamming more air without more fuel.

You need to look at turque curve on dynograph more than power curve when selecting tuning point of your setup

I dont know what your rev range is or where peak torque is but race aircooled 911s had about 25inch long primaries when used with megaphones, tunes somewhere between 5000-6000 rpm if I recall correctly
Old 06-28-2009, 07:52 AM
foxfrc5
Instructor

roadsleeper, sorry for the late reply as have been away for the past few weeks.

I remember seeing your car at Andy's -- was tipped off by Boris so I went to take a look. Nice nice nice!

Also remember an article in The New Paper IIRC.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:28 AM
NineEleven
Instructor

Hi boys, I just popped by again.

Hackzi, so you juz bought yourself another 911?

I'll be exporting my beloved M5 to my other home & can finally pull out my 964 out as it's been sleeping for the past 12months!
Old 07-03-2009, 06:34 AM
foxfrc5
Instructor

strange it came with your car as I dont think yours is my ex-car which was midnite blue metallic
It isn't the same car. The current owner of your former car is named Simon - met him few weeks back. It's still midnight blue metallic.

Originally Posted by NineEleven
I'll be exporting my beloved M5 to my other home & can finally pull out my 964 out as it's been sleeping for the past 12months!
Sad to see another interesting machine leave these shores but glad to know you'll still have it and will be putting the 964 back to use!
Old 07-03-2009, 11:26 PM
pzull
Burning Brakes

any gt3 mk1 for sale?
Old 07-04-2009, 06:17 AM
hackzi
Advanced

Originally Posted by NineEleven
Hi boys, I just popped by again.

Hackzi, so you juz bought yourself another 911?

Yup, 964 C2 stick..... good to be back!
Old 07-06-2009, 01:34 AM
foxfrc5
Instructor

any gt3 mk1 for sale?
Yes, Fong might want to sell his 2000 GT3 which is in pretty good nick. Used to be Zanzibar Red, now metallic orange.

Quick Reply: Porsche Singapore?