Notices

Porsche Singapore?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 02:04 PM
vinxz
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi there

am new to this forum; just got myself a 996 c4s. thought this is a good place to get introduced
Old 07-23-2009, 03:48 AM
InC
Instructor

Welcome,

This is a good place to read up on porsche. You might also wanna check out carfreaks singapore. Nice bunch who love cars.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:02 AM
vinxz
AutoX

thanks! do you have the link to carfreaks singapore? only grouse about having a nice car in singapore is nowhere to drive it to :-(
Old 07-23-2009, 11:06 AM
foxfrc5
Instructor

You should join Porsche Club Singapore, which organises regular drives around the island or into Malaysia for breakfast, monthly trips to Sepang (unless the track is being used for events like F1 or MME) and longer drives (there is a week-long drive to Krabi and Phuket starting this weekend). Plenty of opportunities.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:48 AM
roadsleeper
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pzull
Do you have the dynographs? Right now if the straight pipes are equal diameter throughtout your tuning point will be very narrow. The megaphones spread the tuning point over a wider range of rpms. Target rpm being tuned (effect is sonic turbo charging) is determined by the length of your header primaries. It "slams" a denser fuel charge into the combustion chamber. As such the fuel mix and ignition advance need to be tuned for the new design to maximise for tuned region otherwise just slamming more air without more fuel.

You need to look at turque curve on dynograph more than power curve when selecting tuning point of your setup

I dont know what your rev range is or where peak torque is but race aircooled 911s had about 25inch long primaries when used with megaphones, tunes somewhere between 5000-6000 rpm if I recall correctly
I do have a dyno chart of the last tune, will try to scan and get it online sometime soon.

I'm still running the car in, and Andy is still ironing out the odd kink here and there, so we'll need to do another engine strip down once it has a few thousand clicks on it, and then retune (hopefully with some megaphones on).

Originally Posted by foxfrc5
roadsleeper, sorry for the late reply as have been away for the past few weeks.

I remember seeing your car at Andy's -- was tipped off by Boris so I went to take a look. Nice nice nice!

Also remember an article in The New Paper IIRC.
No worries, I've been traveling too, and sadly not driving the car much. Not sure who Boris is, but yes, Andy's is the car's 2nd home.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:48 AM
carreracat
Track Day

hi all, just saying hello

at the start of my porsche search in singapore

hi foxfrc5 - was that your ur i saw for sale last year?
Old 07-26-2009, 03:13 AM
hackzi
Advanced

Hello to Vinxz and carreracat!

Carreracat, you a minisg member ya? I was looking for a pre-owned mini/bini just a few months back but got myself a 964 eventually.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:25 AM
carreracat
Track Day

hello hackzi, yes i am a minisg forumer also.

i am selling my bini in favour of a pre 964 911 - just haven't found the right the car yet, although sameer's old Ruf is on the market so it's tempting times for me!

if you see any pre 964 911 on the market please let me know!

my '75 mini is staying so i wont be completely devoid of front wheel drive fun!
Old 07-26-2009, 08:09 AM
foxfrc5
Instructor

Originally Posted by roadsleeper
Not sure who Boris is, but yes, Andy's is the car's 2nd home.
BorisRS is Leslie's nick. The guy with the 73 RS replica.

Originally Posted by carreracat
hi all, just saying hello

at the start of my porsche search in singapore

hi foxfrc5 - was that your ur i saw for sale last year?
Yup, the ur-Quattro sale is always on and off -- has been for years. Not many people know what it is in Singapore, nor appreciate its significance. Am happy to hang on to it until I find a good home for it, if ever.

On CarFreaks, Raj911 is selling his early to mid 80s Turbo. Might be worth a look, but not stock. Depending on what you want, may need a lot or very little work. Not that many nice accordion bumper cars here -- nicest ones I know of belong to ThePuf (also on CarFreaks) and one of my neighbours. Both are 88 G50 cars, in blue.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:30 AM
hackzi
Advanced

hello hackzi, yes i am a minisg forumer also.

i am selling my bini in favour of a pre 964 911 - just haven't found the right the car yet, although sameer's old Ruf is on the market so it's tempting times for me!

if you see any pre 964 911 on the market please let me know!

my '75 mini is staying so i wont be completely devoid of front wheel drive fun!
Nice and clean pre-964s are hard to come by.... Rhommel's 911SC looked pretty clean and it was snapped up within the day of advertising on sgcarmart. G50 3.2 are even harder to come by.

If turbo is what you're looking for, apart from Raj's 930 flatnose conversion and Sameer's ex-930 Ruf conversion, there was also a 930 built by Ruf Singapore (by Andy back then) at Autobahn (but no longer now it seems)... I checked out that one and it had all the nice Ruf bits and a new white (?) interior. Car started without fail the couple times while I was there but it was asking good $$$$, and I understand that it was built way back in the 80s.

A customer of Andy's was selling his black 930 as well.... 420hp++ and it was a very fast car (owner kindly gave me a ride). Car was just built up last year IIRC.

Also, I understand that my ex-911S might be put up for sale by its current owner. It's a mexico blue '74 911S 2.7L with 964 look.

Give Andy a call or contact Autoincsports and they might be able to source one that fits your requirements..... oh, and do join us on carfreaks. A number of aircooled porsche owners like Fongster, Foxfrc5, myself, etc. hang out there....
Old 07-27-2009, 10:45 AM
carreracat
Track Day

thanks, i saw the blue 2.7 at andys - i wouldn't mind that car, but i'd have to put ot back to 2.7 looks!

a 3.2 G50 would be ideal but there just aren't many around, as for stright unmodded cars - i should have bought rhommels when i had the chance!!

i'll go sign up for carfreaks now, and i think i'll take a trip to sin ming and have a chat to andy.

i was very tempted with the ur, but my heart lies with porsche and i have come to realise i wont be truly happy again until i own one!!!

thanks guys.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:00 PM
hackzi
Advanced

thanks, i saw the blue 2.7 at andys - i wouldn't mind that car, but i'd have to put ot back to 2.7 looks!

a 3.2 G50 would be ideal but there just aren't many around, as for stright unmodded cars - i should have bought rhommels when i had the chance!!

i'll go sign up for carfreaks now, and i think i'll take a trip to sin ming and have a chat to andy.

i was very tempted with the ur, but my heart lies with porsche and i have come to realise i wont be truly happy again until i own one!!!

thanks guys.
Yeah, that blue 2.7 was completely rebuilt from the ground up sometime in late 2005 if I remember correctly. Bought it from Andy when the car was barely ready for the road.... had to bring the car back for some fine tuning back then. But agree that reverting it back to original 911S look would be great... or better yet do the 2.7RS look complete with duck tail like the other white one!

My exact sentiments on your last comment..... gave up the idea of a Mini, FD2R, BINI, etc.... and all I can say is that it's good to be back driving a Porsche!

Happy shopping!
Old 07-27-2009, 12:48 PM
carreracat
Track Day

so what do you know about the car? is a matching numbers 2.7 911S? i presume it has a 915 'box?
Old 07-27-2009, 12:50 PM
carreracat
Track Day

which 964 did you get in the end?

any pics to share?
Old 07-28-2009, 02:06 AM
foxfrc5
Instructor

Methinks a meet up is in order.

Quick Reply: Porsche Singapore?