Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 04:10 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi Tania,

It was a stunning day weather wise and turn out.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:18 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Here are a few more photos of your car on the day.

Cheers
M
Attached Images    
Old 03-17-2009, 01:39 AM
Tania W
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent...thanks heaps. Can you mail me full size copies?
Email address in PM
Cheers
T
Old 07-10-2009, 07:38 PM
nirich
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Long time since i've been to this thread.......

I started it, barely contributed to it then ignored it.............shame on me!

Thanks for the great photos of the Ellerslie Concours. I think i was out of Auckland that weekend and missed all the good stuff.

There are a bunch of 964 owners in Auckland that get together every few months to drive, chat, eat, have coffee and generally have fun and last weekend we did just that.

Cheers.
Attached Images    
Old 07-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Tania W
Racer

Hi all,
Some pictures here from the PCNZ Driver Training Day at Pukekohe last weekend. Weather was typical of Puke in July! It rained quite a bit in the morning, but dried out for the fast lappery in the afternoon. Fastest cars in my group were a trio of Turbos (996 and 997), but the other group had the GT2 and the GT3RS from the pictures below.
It was great day.....I must have done 7 or 8 Driver Traning Days of various sorts and always learn something new and always enjoy the experience of driving a Porsche like it is designed to be driven. The PCNZ instructors were all brilliant and it is great to have one of them in the car for all the fast laps. Each one had something new to offer, and thanks to them all for taking time out to help us "lesser mortals"!!
Attached Images          
Old 07-12-2009, 05:38 AM
nirich
Rennlist Member

Some nice pics.
It's been three years since i did my last DE and they are definately fun. Any one have an off?
Old 07-12-2009, 06:01 AM
Tania W
Racer

I believe Ray Williams had a couple of spins in one of the race cars during our lunch break and one of the others had an "off track excursion" when doing some charity hot laps, but the only damage to participants cars was a hit cone by the GT2....at speed. Bit messy....cracked front spoiler, bumper and headlight.....and one of the instructors was driving. Bugger!
Pretty good record given the conditions.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:26 AM
cbnz
Instructor

I took a couple of the instructors home, interesting comment, "the best driver of the day was the lady in the 993C4S. Very smooth and listens to instructions" Maybe that has something to do with your day job! Cheers.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:50 AM
Tania W
Racer

I'm flattered......was that the English guy?
Bet he'd have had a different opinion if he'd been with me a couple of years back when I spun (badly and quickly) at the esses!
Instructor's comment that day was "makes you wonder why they don't roll, doesn't it"
Old 07-15-2009, 04:49 AM
nirich
Rennlist Member

Ok, now you've reminded me of why i haven't done another DE. Every year there's a car or two having an off............i would probably have been one of them!

Kudos to you Tania for getting good feedback from an instructor, always nice to know you're doing everything right and well.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:15 AM
cbnz
Instructor

Yes, correct, the English guy Kevin, was one of them. The other damage was to the silver 997 with PDK, took out a pukeko, Porsche 1, Pukeko 0.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:15 PM
GeorgeNZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Best kind of weather for driver training; wet in the morning and dry in the afternoon - keeps people a bit circumspect in the morning and develops your feel better. Dry in the morning and wet in the afternoon is more scary for the instructors...............

The best student I ever worked with was a 16yr old girl in her parents M3 - she didn't start hard out with something to prove, but at a speed where she could listen and respond with any corrections. She remembered stuff and was consistent and precise. By the end of the day, her pace and lack of drama put most of the other punters to shame.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:47 PM
nirich
Rennlist Member

I like that story about the 16yr old girl.........if only the rest of us would listen and learn as well at that age.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:00 PM
Tania W
Racer

And I agree entirely about the weather...I was actually a bit worried about what would happen if there was a shower of rain late in the day.
With regard to the taking of instruction, my big advantage (other than having been around Puke before), was not having too much to prove...my car was never going to be the fastest one there...I knew I couldn't beat the Turbos and 997s, so didn't feel like I had to die trying! A bit like golf, I was "playing" against myself, and trying to improve my own performance. Best laps of the day were with clear track in front and behind, and only my own performance to beat. In my past experience, some of those with faster cars seem to get into the "my car is faster so I have to beat you" mind set, to the detriment of their own learning.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:07 AM
NZ 911
Advanced

I am based down in Christchurch with a 993 C4S and a 3.2. PCNZ member although attendance at events is sometimes limited by the event's child friendliness!

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?