Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome aboard
Old 09-25-2006, 07:39 PM
Tania W
Racer

Welcome Mr Meow.
Where abouts are you in NZ? Depending on your budget, you might even be able to stretch to a 944. There seem to be a few around now under $10k (I've been looking because a little voice in the back of my head tells me I should buy one and convert it to a race car. So far my "sensible voice" has been drowning it out though!)
Have you seen the TV show Wheeler Dealers on Sky (Discovery Channel Sat 1pm) They have done a 924 on that. Seems they run repeats, so it will probably come up again.
Good luck!
Old 10-03-2006, 11:45 PM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Man, at 17 the only thing Porsche I had, or was ever going to have for that matter was a poster on my bedroom wall. You go for it MrMeow. The 924 will treat you very well. A lot of car for the $ too.
I was all booked to do Taupo but backed out when I saw the long range weather. No way will I do that in the wet. I can't just go get another one if I "break" this one!
Did Taupo a couple of years back when I had the 930. Awesome day and I learnt so much.
The DE days at Puke are the best though IMO. Awesome.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:22 AM
Dodgy
Track Day

Another Kiwi to the forum...

Also new to this forum and stumbled across this page. Very recent owners of a 964 turbo 3.3 (91). Live in east Auckland. unfortunately it's the wifes car. Not PCNZ members but will be in the new year. Have sent form/cheque off.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:09 AM
Tania W
Racer

Hey Dodgy how far east? I'm out Half Moon Bay way.
What colours your Turbo? You know you've gotta post pics!!
Old 12-01-2006, 07:19 AM
Dodgy
Track Day

G'day Tania.

The 964 is white and believe it or not also lives in Half Moon Bay. Will post pics shortly. Car currently at Conti's, hopefully will be back Saturday. ABS packed a sad last week during a CCS euro driver training day at Puke'. First week of ownership!! Took T into CCS to look at 996's whereupon she stumbled across the 964 in the showroom. There was no way I was going to get T out of there without the turbo, it was love at first sight. Will post photos when we get the car back. Look forward to seeing you in the neighbourhood.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:32 AM
Tania W
Racer

Hi again, hope the car got back ok. Did you enjoy the Euro Driver Training day? I've done a couple and had a ball. Never spun though until the PCNZ training day!
My car went in last Tues for a new door - waranty job due a patch of rust I fortunately discovered before the 10 yr waranty was up. Hopefully get it back before Xmas! Dean at Contis has been great. Highly recommend them (bought my car from them in 2001 and dealt with them exclusively since then)
I'll look out for the white Turbo in the neighbourhood!
Cheers
T
Old 12-06-2006, 02:27 AM
Dodgy
Track Day

Hi there

The training was lots of fun. I have always wanted to drive around Puke. Managed to flatten a a cone in the slalom time trials.

The Porsche is Theresa's. I did the course in my car (Alfa 147 GTA) however after much pleading T agreed to swap cars for the last session of laps. Was great to get the cars off the road and not worry about speed cameras. The instructor set and limited the pace for the laps by leading the field (in a GT2) and not allowing overtaking anywhere in the line up behind him unless he instructed an order change through the radios we carried in our cars. So was not really given the opportunity to really let the car rip (just as well probably). Was lucky enough to be behind the pace car for a couple of laps and the instructor could sense my eagerness to let the 911 rip coming out of the final bend before the straight. He put the foot down so we both accellerated hard out of the bend up to about 195 kmh before he limited the speed. Was great to get a taste of track driving. Was really good for T because the old 911 is a beast compared to her previous Boxster 2.5 tipo, good for the confidence. Sounds like the PCNZ instructor days take you to the next level?

There is another 911 in Half Moon Bay. Bloke next street over has a 930, not sure what year it is.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:55 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

Hi

I see this thread went moribund back in 12/06, but thought I'd use it to solicit some advice.

My wife and I are visiting New Zealand mid-Sept to mid-Oct. I'll need to rent a car, and would like some advice on what rental agency to use, and what car to request. Of course, we'll need something with a bit of room in it since we'll be carrying bags for a month-long stay. I am a member of the US AAA, so have reciprocal membership with the NZ auto association if that makes any difference.

Also, I note the last post here mentions a "911 in Half Moon Bay." We'll be starting our trip from the same city (name), only located in CA.

Thanks
Old 07-30-2007, 05:27 PM
GeorgeNZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi Joe - great you coming down to check out our end of the world. Here's the NZ AA's link to rental companies.
http://www.aatravel.co.nz/main/searc...me=land&title=
The main rental car companies are represented at the Airport and alot of the 2nd teir have drop-off and collection services. Typically, the large cars from the main companies are Ford Falcons, Holden (GM) Commodores.

If there are any questions I can help you with, fire away and I'll do my best

George
Old 02-17-2008, 11:12 PM
Bobby007
5th Gear

Hi I am a new owner of a 91 C2 Cab - i have seen plenty of threads resolving the issue of fitting child seats/harness anchor points /3point seat belts in the rear in the UK/US - does anybody know of anyone in NZ that can do this?

Cheers
Dave
Old 05-05-2008, 08:33 PM
nirich
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Hi Dave,

Can't help with your car seat issue, but hope that by now you have something sorted.
If you're somewhere in Auckland, feel free to join a group of fellow 964 owners on the occasional drive/lunch/chat.

http://porsche-964.tripod.com

Good luck!

Cheers,
Nick
Old 03-15-2009, 05:45 AM
Tania W
Racer

Hi all,
What's been happening lately? Not much action on this NZ forum.
We've moved over to St Heliers..I see there's a nice looking white 993 nearby...somebody here's?
C4S has been going well....did the last PCNZ Driver Training Day and was involved in the mass display at the Ellerslie Concours last month....pics below.
Attached Images    
Old 03-15-2009, 08:36 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi Tania.
It was a great day wasnt it. It was interesting to see how different your cars colour was compared to the 3.6T speed yellow behind it owned by the Japanese guy. Side by side made a good comparison.

Looking at your mileage youve only used the car 500km between WOFs! Your doing even less mileage than me. Must be a busy girl!

If the white car your refer to is stock then its owned by a little old lady in St Heliers. Her husband bought it for her before he died I believe and she has owned it since new! Its a 1994 C2 manual with blue leather interior and 38-39k km on the clock. Absolutely stock - just been serviced when required. Very original (not mint but honest). If the 993 you have seen is whit with 18/19" wheels and a slpit rear louvre (aka C2S) then its owned by a guy in Melenseian Rd Kohi (well last time I knew it was). Manual import.

Cheers

Macca
Old 03-16-2009, 01:50 AM
Tania W
Racer

Gawd, just 500km? What a disgrace!!
But yes it has been busy.
I've seen both of those white cars then. The unmodded one is often parked not far from us, whilst the one with the big wheels I have seen driving around.
There is also a white 993 Targa that was often parked on the waterfront by Kohi Cafe. Haven't seen it for a while though.
Guess I'd better get out and about more in my car....battery conditioner was a good buy!!
Off to Melbourne next week for the GP.....the Carrera Cup guys always put on a good show there too. There were a bunch of cars from the Porsche Museum there a couple of years back (Carrera Panamericana 550, 936, GT1 etc) Shame they didn't get out on the track, but Jim Richards did some display laps in the Sunoco 917 last year...that was pretty cool.
Hopefully we can kick this thread back into life!
Below the only pic I had with oth the yellow cars together, and a few of the concours winning PCNZ team.
Cheers for now
Tania
Attached Images      

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?